Rickler
GreenSam
Czarcasm
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

The New Grandstand - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:23 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Yes and i walked my dog this morning all the way through Central Park up past the ground and down through to the bottom of Barn Park road and was not "dodging dogshit" as Sensible Greeny melodramatically put it, in fact i didn't see any dog shit at all...mainly due to the bins every 2-300 meters,but the dog shit issue is for another day.
PAFC is merely just a smokescreen for James Brent and his evil empire building.

True
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:06 pm

For me this isn't an argument about who is building it is the merit of building something in the Park area. No dogshit in Central Park (other than the football team to save somebody jumping in). Like I believe that.

Knecht, the supposed centre of the City is not the place known as City Centre is it. Nobdoy has suggested a Tesco store on Plymouth Hoe this is about some bulding taking place in a large park which is not well used. What I suggest a few of you do is get on a bus and do a tour of the City in general. What you will see is a host of green spaces virtually in every area. Plymouth can afford to give up a relatively small amount of central park without it causing to much in the way of a concrete jungle. I will ask again, apart from the occasional walking of a dog, what do you all do in Central Park regularly? Try to keep it clean please and only include legal activities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:27 pm

Not having Brents filthy ,stinking , development plans will mean the green areas survive.
Urban vegetation can directly and indirectly affect local and regional air quality by
removal of air pollutants. Google it,.
More importantly it can remove the poison that Brent/ PCC and their evil empire building,i see that Gutless Toad Councillor Tudor Evans is in the Herald bleating on about how it is important for Argyle to remain in L2.
Bollocks... the only thing that pipsqueak wants is for Argyle to go to the blue Square get liquidated, then Brent and the Council will have the land they need for their master-plan.
Hairy will have a feckin ice-rink after all, stick it up ya jacksy Brent/PCC you Scumbags

Last edited by punchdrunk on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Bird Watching (also includes Ford Park Cemetary)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Is that the best you can come up with punchdrunk? Urban vegitation. The amount of vegitation in the area concerned is absolutely minimal and even that is stretching the imagination. What you object to is the person concerned rather than what is proposed as comes across in your vitriolic tirade. If you were drowing and Brent offered you his hand to get you back into the boat would you take it or prefer to drown?

pepsipete I said keep it clean.....
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:36 pm

The cleanliness is all in the mind. Will still get birds if it is built over, just different kinds. The City Centre is very good as well.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:02 am

pepsipete wrote:
The cleanliness is all in the mind. Will still get birds if it is built over, just different kinds. The City Centre is very good as well.

Mostly tits, big plump feckers Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:57 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Not having Brents filthy ,stinking , development plans will mean the green areas survive.
Urban vegetation can directly and indirectly affect local and regional air quality by
removal of air pollutants. Google it,.
More importantly it can remove the poison that Brent/ PCC and their evil empire building,i see that Gutless Toad Councillor Tudor Evans is in the Herald bleating on about how it is important for Argyle to remain in L2.
Bollocks... the only thing that pipsqueak wants is for Argyle to go to the blue Square get liquidated, then Brent and the Council will have the land they need for their master-plan.
Hairy will have a feckin ice-rink after all, stick it up ya jacksy Brent/PCC you Scumbags

The last thing PCC want is an empty football stadium - they receive income from the club being there and playing league football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:26 am

I'm sure that James can think of many other ways to bring in an income to pay the rent other than a non league football club, pitch and stadium.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:26 am

Has Bent got his ideal from Turf Moor and Wembley

University of Wembley

Wembley Stadium is to become a college campus, housing up to 2,000 full-time students

The plan will bring much-needed funds to the cash-strapped home of football which hosts between 20 and 30 sporting events a year – but lies unused for the rest of the time.

A large section of the stadium will be rented by UCFB, a prestigious degree provider which has a campus at Burnley’s Turf Moor ground, for what is thought to be around £20million.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: School at Home Park   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:23 am

Mods you can move to New Grandstand, I just wanted to let Fans know how little time Brent is given the people of Plymouth a chance to have their voices heard

Consultation over plans to create a studio school in Plymouth

The public meeting is being held at City College Plymouth on Wednesday March 6, from 4pm to 6pm.

A PUBLIC meeting is to be held to discuss the impact of a proposed studio school on the city.

City College Plymouth, the Akkeron Group, Plymouth Argyle Football Club and the University St Mark & St John have submitted a proposal to the Department for Education to build a Studio School in Plymouth.

The sponsors say the school will bring in the region of £2.5million inward investment to the city, and will create over 20 additional jobs .

City College Plymouth Principal, Phil Davies, said: "Further education has always used the essential link between education and skills, and enterprise and employment as the basis of what we provide for our students.

"The Studio School concept extends this to a younger audience, and for some will be a much better educational route because it is about learning through actually doing alongside employer-led and work-based projects.

The Studio School concept takes a new approach to learning by teaching through enterprise projects and real work for 14 to 18-year-olds.

The proposals focus on the areas of sport, leisure and the visitor economy.

As well as work in the sports and leisure sectors, the school will cove r the associated sectors of catering, hospitality, tourism, customer services and retail.

They are small schools for 300 students, open all year round with a nine to five working day – more typical of the workplace than a school.

Working closely with local employers, the Studio School will offer a range of academic and vocational qualifications, including GCSEs in English, mathematics and science, as well as work placements linked directly to employment opportunities in the local area.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - axzz2MU4vZzd4

Why can they not build it near it campus at Kings RD? They have Devonport Services ground next door

Last edited by Tgwu on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:25 am

I still have no idea where this is proposed to be sited yet?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:28 am

GOB wrote:

You find out on Wednesday, I heard the main plans should be out very soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:43 am

GOB wrote:

Bet your bottom dollar on it being in or around Central Park
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:16 pm

This is why I asked the PASB to ask questions about this proposal. I hope they did!! I don't suppose for one minute they got a satisfactory answer though.

Some people might wonder what this has got to do with PAFC? The club and Akkeron are clearly named as partners and the leaked story a couple of weeks ago, clearly showed a picture of the pitches next to Home Park, although the description made it sound like another area behind the Barn Park end. Where ever it is, there is definitely a suspicion that green parkland is going to be built on. I may be wrong and I'm sure some one will correct me if I am but I thought the idea was to keep all future building within the Home Park / Higher Home Park car park footprint.

The fact the public meeting is between 4pm and 6pm to make it as difficult as possible for working people to get to this meeting and the extremely short notice, ( to my knowledge) smells to me of trying to hold a meeting where any opposition to this proposal is minimal or non existent. Holding it no where near central park is also clever.

As other people have said elsewhere once green parkland is built on it is usually lost forever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:58 pm

He's certainly playing a canny hand isn't he. The fans are clearly now divided and focused on keeping Argyle as a football league club.

Meantime he gives 2 days notice for public consultation on a plan that may make Brent money by building on green parkland.

Late notice for consultation.....Brent has form in this area doesn't he?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:04 pm

Hence the reason Brent is so keen not to have any awkward questions raised at the moment? By refusing to speak to the Trust and announcing that they are causing trouble, Brent leaves the Trust with a choice of either keep asking awkward questions through the press or their website which will lead to more narrow-minded accusations of them have grudges or personal agendas, or they stop asking these questions for fear of rocking the boat any further and alienating their members.

Once the school gets the go ahead, which is inevitable given the councils special relationship with Mr Brent, along with the icerink, the life centre, the hotel and various other outlets that are planned, central park will be unrecognizable from previously, and that's without the necessary new road layout which will be required.

Once the bulldozers have finally finished all of this, what's to stop further encroachment on the park? Student accommodation would now be essential some might argue?

I can't see any benefit to the club from this at all, which I do believe is how the wording was on the grandstand questions. When asked about the income from the grandstand facilities I'm fairly sure the answer was along the lines of all the businesses attached to the grandstand would be of benefit to the club, not all of the income received via the grandstand would go directly to the club.

I might be wrong on this and in other statements the wording might have been different but I have definitely seen the ambiguous answer. Of course if Brent makes money from other projects in theory it should benefit the club. That doesn't mean the club will see any of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Interesting that the school will focus on aspects such as tourism and work closely with local businesses to offer full time work experience.

Now who do we know that would have plenty of cheap staff vacancies for tourism related ventures near the school...maybe a hotel, ice rink, football club corporate hospitality...?
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:18 pm

What has this development to do with PAFC - beyond the benefit to it's owner's property portfolio. One can only assume that the planned site is very close to Home Park.

The school idea itself seems excellent - training less academic academic pupils into a more practical field is reminiscent of the apprenticeships of old.

But why oh why even consider building this IN A PARK.

And why leave the details of the meeting under wraps for so long.

Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:54 pm

I assume that Brent is a fully paid up member of the 'Big Society'. Part of that seems to be his glee at the fans prepared to help, for nothing, to clean the stadium or stuff envelopes, despite the fact he can afford to pay for it. So My guess is the children's 'work experience' section would be served probably stuck behind a kiosk at half time or behind one of his hotels reception desks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:00 pm

how much land have the council oked for brent to build on is what i want to know. Central park is protected land that you cant build on unless its sporting facilities open to all.

I struggle to see how he is going to build a grandstand, icerink, a school and hotel on the one carpark.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Let alone the retail and food outlets. And the student accommodation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Dingle wrote:
Let alone the retail and food outlets. And the student accommodation.

and chris webb tells me james brent isnt here for property development lol
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:57 pm

I have no objection whatsoever to James Brent making a fortune via property development. God knows, Plymouth of all places could do with some good news re employment and raising of its profile.

There are two things that do concern me though. Firstly, why the need for all this development in Central Park (and the roads needed to get to the buildings). Why can't at least some of this development be included in the plans for the bottom of the city centre - an area crying out for improvement.

The other disappointment is that James Brent promised so much - fan involvement, transparency et al, yet as time goes on it seems that these words were used as a smokescreen for his true ambitions.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Dingle wrote:
I have no objection whatsoever to James Brent making a fortune via property development. God knows, Plymouth of all places could do with some good news re employment and raising of its profile.

There are two things that do concern me though. Firstly, why the need for all this development in Central Park (and the roads needed to get to the buildings). Why can't at least some of this development be included in the plans for the bottom of the city centre - an area crying out for improvement.

The other disappointment is that James Brent promised so much - fan involvement, transparency et al, yet as time goes on it seems that these words were used as a smokescreen for his true ambitions.

Exactly. I don't think anyone would begrudge James Brent making a nice profit, after all he wouldn't really have been interested in taking on the club if there was no money to be made, but it's a right kick in the teeth to see the club propping up the 4th Division whilst Central Park becomes Brent Towers. And then there's the issue of the staff made redundant at Argyle.

Plymouth could also do with a jobs boost, but this planned school will create 20 jobs. Not 200, but 20. Christ Webb's had more accounts on here and Pasoti than that FFS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The New Grandstand
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next