GreenSam
Czarcasm
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:52 pm

After yet another dire performance today, we really are up the Blue Square creek without a paddle ain't we? The nightmare scenario of dropping out of the football league moves closer to becoming a reality with every passing game.

But it might not be all bad news for Jimmy B.

I reckon relegation will provide a tailor-made get-out clause for Brent to scrap plans for the new Grandstand. The reduced crowds, reduced sponsorship, reduced revenue streams associated with the corporate side, will all provide Brent with the excuses he needs. The Grandstand will then be condemned before it falls down and our demise will be complete.

Sad innit?

Back to top Go down
GreenSam

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 9:15 pm

What would he get out of not building the stand though?

If he is only in it for the property then it'd be in his interest to develop the property. If he isn't in it for the property, it's in the interests of the football side to have a revenue developing grandstand too. Either way I don't see how not building the stand would be good for him-unless the suggestion is that he'd pull out of the club?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Brent has already stated that if he were not to build a new grandstand he would invest in a 'community project' instead.

I don't think he has explained what would lead him not to build a grandstand, and neither has he explained what sort of thing he envisions as a 'community project'?

Questions, questions, questions...

Where is the PASB - sorry, you're not a "member" - where is the AFT when you need them?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:30 pm

GreenSam wrote:
What would he get out of not building the stand though?

If he is only in it for the property then it'd be in his interest to develop the property. If he isn't in it for the property, it's in the interests of the football side to have a revenue developing grandstand too. Either way I don't see how not building the stand would be good for him-unless the suggestion is that he'd pull out of the club?

As Jessie J said Sam, it's all about the money money money.

If he has a exit plan it would be even more obvious. But purely in terms of finance, if it is cheaper to fob everyone off with a 'community project', then sure as eggs is eggs that is what will happen.

Relegation would rubber stamp it, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:43 pm

Rickler wrote:
Brent has already stated that if he were not to build a new grandstand he would invest in a 'community project' instead.

I don't think he has explained what would lead him not to build a grandstand, and neither has he explained what sort of thing he envisions as a 'community project'?

Where is the PASB - sorry, you're not a "member" - where is the AFT when you need them?
Ok- that makes more sense fair enough.

Surely if he didn't build a new stand then the next option would be to revert to the alternative that was offered to the club which is to get X % of profits from the car park land development? The choice the club had was between that and the grandstand-although to be honest that's always been a deal which has puzzled me slightly. Brent was offering a choice of those two options to PAFC the club yet the James Brent is the owner of PAFC the club and presumably acts on its behalf. So essentially James Brent was offering a deal to James Brent in a business transaction conducted by James Brent.

I agree that it should be an issue for the Trust/PASB to ask directly-but then again I for one was totally unaware of those quotes until now and they don't look too pretty. May I ask roughly when he made them if you can remember?
Back to top Go down

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:20 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Ok- that makes more sense fair enough.

Surely if he didn't build a new stand then the next option would be to revert to the alternative that was offered to the club which is to get X % of profits from the car park land development? The choice the club had was between that and the grandstand-although to be honest that's always been a deal which has puzzled me slightly. Brent was offering a choice of those two options to PAFC the club yet the James Brent is the owner of PAFC the club and presumably acts on its behalf. So essentially James Brent was offering a deal to James Brent in a business transaction conducted by James Brent.

I agree that it should be an issue for the Trust/PASB to ask directly-but then again I for one was totally unaware of those quotes until now and they don't look too pretty. May I ask roughly when he made them if you can remember?

I think you just answered your own confusion there Sam and I think that Czar has it 100% right.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:27 am

As at lad I remember watching a 1st division match at Bramall Lane from the touchline of the missing 4th side (the cricket pitch). Northampton had a similar setup as well I think.

Since then several 4 sided grounds have become 3 sided, Blackpool, Bournemouth, Oxford and now, Oldham, spring to mind. They seem to stay that way until success is achieved and it becomes cost effective to build.

The only difference at Argo is the requirement to tie together the car park developments to satisfy the planners. I suspect that might be achieved in the cheapest way possible.

I await the plans with interest. They've already slipped to mid March, will they slip again until our destiny is known?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:49 am

Brent stated that the target was for building to commence in the close season - i.e. June/July of this year.

Just the latest in a long list of "load of old baloney" statements that we've heard from various owners since 2002.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:37 pm

I been informed by a old colleague that the plans for Mr Brent development is with the council planning and being accessed before it is put forward for planning permission. The plans I heard will upset the majority of Plymouth’s residence, it is far more then a Grandstand and Hotel
Back to top Go down
swampy

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:59 pm

we know what will come next approve the plabs or it will be the end of the football club
Back to top Go down

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:05 pm

Tgwu wrote:
I been informed by a old colleague that the plans for Mr Brent development is with the council planning and being accessed before it is put forward for planning permission. The plans I heard will upset the majority of Plymouth’s residence, it is far more then a Grandstand and Hotel

What plans did you hear?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Brent has the Planning Dept neatly in his pocket. Unless he is looking to blatantly flout the Central Park AAP, there'll be no hiccups.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:22 pm

The new grandstand is to have the well publicised ice rink attached. But in addition it will be having a bingo hall and children's indoor play area similar to jump

Source : buildersconference.co.uk/

We pay a subscription to gain access in work and the tender for the works are published on there.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 8:05 pm

[quote="Yea Man"]
Tgwu wrote:

What plans did you hear?[

Sorry unable to elaborate at the moment, source could fall foul of Council confidentiality. But it more then what Dane indicated
Back to top Go down

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 8:12 pm

[quote="Tgwu"]
Yea Man wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Sorry unable to elaborate at the moment, source could fall foul of Council confidentiality. But it more then what Dane indicated

No worries wouldn't expect any confidences to be broken.

It'll be interesting to see if Brent has pulled a fast one with this aswell though.
Back to top Go down

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 8:45 pm

[quote="Yea Man"]
Tgwu wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

No worries wouldn't expect any confidences to be broken.

It'll be interesting to see if Brent has pulled a fast one with this aswell though.

I've got the banker down as sharp cookie, what do you reckon a lap dancing gig up there? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:07 pm

One thing that is causing trouble is the access to Home Park by Motor vehicle; at the moment the Council is letting Mr Brent Sheep to use the pave area outside the Life Centre main entrance, There are two no entrance signs on that entrance.
An accidence with a child is only a short time away
Back to top Go down
Dingle

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:36 pm

The access is already dodgy to say the least - Senior Greens meetings are a great example of people driving around knowing where they want to go but without a clue of how to get there. Bollards and random notices appearing from nowhere.

How are people going to access the new hotel. And at least 3 retail outlets. And at least 3 food outlets. And the school?

Back to top Go down

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:44 pm

They could follow a man with a flag. I believe Forza Verde have one going spare.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:47 pm

With a jumper like yours, the flag would be superfluous.
Back to top Go down

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:13 am

It takes a real man to wear a jumper like that. Wink
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:36 am

The shite will hit the fan with the locals if the plans are for alot larger development than previously mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Can these four development fit on Higher Home Park car-park

Grandstand, Major Hotel, International size Ice-Ring and a School, this is with out the food and retail outlets

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:04 pm

Scaremongering poppycock on this thread. One thing good about the Brent deal when he took on the club are these plans. Central Park needs something other than open green spaces that are used only in the Summer months by people and all year round by dog walkers and joggers.

People come out with - what do we need an ice rink for! Because we don't have one is the answer and it all adds to the city as it is a resource. What do we need a conference hall for! Same reason. It'll create jobs and add to the city.

As an Argyle fan I'd love it if he ploughed money into the club but as a resident, the other stuff is more important.

There will be a grandstand and it'll be a massive improvement on what is there now.
Back to top Go down

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:23 pm

hairy j wrote:
Scaremongering poppycock on this thread. One thing good about the Brent deal when he took on the club are these plans. Central Park needs something other than open green spaces that are used only in the Summer months by people and all year round by dog walkers and joggers.

People come out with - what do we need an ice rink for! Because we don't have one is the answer and it all adds to the city as it is a resource. What do we need a conference hall for! Same reason. It'll create jobs and add to the city.

As an Argyle fan I'd love it if he ploughed money into the club but as a resident, the other stuff is more important.

There will be a grandstand and it'll be a massive improvement on what is there now.

I take it you don't live adjacent to home park then?

Of course icerinks add to a city, and conference halls if you attend geeky gaming conferences in costume, but only in the right place. I don't live in Plymouth but I know it needs developing, I also know how little green there is left in Britain and spoiling parks is all too common.

I have a feeling that if it were anyone other than James Brent submitting these plans there would be widespread outrage. In fact I'm so outraged I'm going for a dump!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The New Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand Empty

Back to top Go down

The New Grandstand
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next