Freathy
Rickler
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

New Grandstand wish list!? Empty
PostSubject: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:25 am

Your wishes for the new grandstand?

Obviously "capacity, capacity, capacity..."

But what else to include? Museums and memorial gardens?

And importantly, style wise..!

I want the "hoop'"colours and styling of the Argyle sixties shirts (currently used by ATD for a logo) mixed with the 'deco' design of the current old main entrance turnstiles, incorporated into the design and used as the colour scheme for the new grandstand!

If Argyle are going to talk about branding. The 'hoop' design is our most enduring, and only identifiable 'design' as being "Argyle" in our history.

Let's make sure its history is carried front and forward as Argyle go upwards and onwards!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:32 am

Rickler wrote:
Your wishes for the new grandstand?

Obviously "capacity, capacity, capacity..."

But what else to include? Museums and memorial gardens?

And importantly, style wise..!

I want the "hoop'"colours and styling of the Argyle sixties shirts (currently used by ATD for a logo) mixed with the 'deco' design of the current old main entrance turnstiles, incorporated into the design and used as the colour scheme for the new grandstand!

If Argyle are going to talk about branding. The 'hoop' design is our most enduring, and only identifiable 'design' as being "Argyle" in our history.

Let's make sure its history is carried front and forward as Argyle go upwards and onwards!

Total agreement there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:31 am

I just do not believe that in the space of 3 days Brent will change the plans for the "Grandstand" because of the views of us Plebians (the supporters).
Instead of the 4100 seater expect a 4800 seater or something like that, pathetic...the villageness of PAFC holds no bounds
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:47 am

Absolute Minimum 7k capacity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anything less don't bother and wait for someone with class, ambition and vision to takeover and do the job properly!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:04 am

IF (and it's a big IF) it does get built I'd like to see the original old turnstile facade retained somewhere. Probably not at all practical but it's like an old familiar friend that's been there for 80 odd years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 10:34 am

Freathy wrote:
IF (and it's a big IF) it does get built I'd like to see the original old turnstile facade retained somewhere. Probably not at all practical but it's like an old familiar friend that's been there for 80 odd years.
I think the if is a big one Freath's ol'boy. The IMAX will be built by the cinema company, the skating rink will be at least fifty percent funded by the lottery/PCC, the Hotel will belong to Akkeron and be built by them, the grandstand will be a sop to us poor wankers who pay off Brent's cost and consequent debt of buying the club. Will it ever happen? And also what will be the cost to the club? Will Brent genorously lend us more money to complete it or are the bank going to turn us down for a loan? No assets, massive debts v turnover I am sure I would. I am not sure that Brent would ever have the nerve to not build it, but what he builds will be in the style of the Torquay stand, if the stand is 4500 capacity what would be the total for the whole ground, I think that that is the million dollar question and one I haven't seen the answer to.
Does anybody really still believe that Brent has any interest in the club, it's not coincidence that all this development has suddenly happened, he saw it from the outset, I would have loved to have seen the reaction of fans had this been common knowledge from the outset.
Out of the frying pan into the fire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 10:39 am

Make no mistake. The grandstand will be a tacky cheap piece of sh*t. The cinema, ice-rink and hotel is Brent's absolute number one priority here. The grandstand (ordered from Lidl) is just a scrap of meat thrown to the peasants to appease them just long enough for Brent to build his sh*t, make his money and f*ckoff..

Clear as day, innit.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 10:43 am

Freathy wrote:

I am going to ask about this today at the Brent road show in the Theatre Royal, I would very much like to see it retained - built in 1931 I believe, but I doubt it,s significance has any value to Brent's empire building, after all it's not an ice rink. Sad
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 10:47 am

Person Of Interest wrote:
Make no mistake. The grandstand will be a tacky cheap piece of sh*t. The cinema, ice-rink and hotel is Brent's absolute number one priority here. The grandstand (ordered from Lidl) is just a scrap of meat thrown to the peasants to appease them just long enough for Brent to build his sh*t, make his money and f*ckoff..

Clear as day, innit.

It is to most of us with some kind of insight, I think the majority will think it's a bright future - but hey its the way football is going. Still on the bright side at least we are not owned by a rich family of Indian chicken farmers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:14 am

akagreengull wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I am going to ask about this today at the Brent road show in the Theatre Royal, I would very much like to see it retained - built in 1931 I believe, but I doubt it,s significance has any value to Brent's empire building, after all it's not an ice rink. Sad

This for me too. The turnstiles are iconic and made Home Park stand out from all others I've seen. To lose that would be a crying shame.

Capacity is the big one though. I do get the impression that the capacity will be a little under 20k once finished, then with segregation it would drop to around 17-18k which would really be no different to how it's been for years and would show the level of ambition James Brent has for the football club compared to his enthusiasm for developing the land around it.

BTW the group that purchased Leeds United from Ken Bates in December are already looking to sell on for a profit. GFH have denied this saying it is only a share of the club they are looking to sell but the quote came from their parent company and says that they obtained Leeds for a bargain basement price of £22 million.

I don't know the ins and outs of Leeds United with regards to owning Elland Rd for example, there was talk of them moving to a new stadium a few years back, but how much more of a potential sleeping giant would you want for your money? When Argyle are quoted as having loads of potential and shouldn't be where they are at the moment, this goes tenfold for Leeds and even at their valuation of £29 million it appears to the naked eye a good investment for somebody.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:24 am

So wonder how much will be named after FES and Nickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk?

Bumlicking nonsence
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:35 am

Greenjock wrote:

I don't know the ins and outs of Leeds United

They're a big club Jock.

Bates has buggered them like he buggered Chelsea in the past, he is an asset stripper extraordinaire, ps. Assets are not just fixed. He ripped a spunk load of cash out of Leeds just like he did Chelsea leaving both clubs up to their arses in debt and with mega millions needed to effect the necesary upgrades to their grounds.

I see Freathy has reduced his demands to a capacity of 7k, so only 500 empty green plastic seats to add to the 13000 empty green plastic seats in the rest of the ground, assuming of course that you hang on to League status by yer finger nails.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:40 am

LT you are now starting to sound extremely jealous that the new Argyle stand will leave your park benches strapped together looking even worse than it already does.

Even Torquay have a nice new stand Very Happy

SID JAMES PARK

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:48 am

Freathy wrote:

I would too and maybe the Trust could enquire if this cant be taken down and put up (albeit probably not all of it with out knowing the size of it i gather it wont be massive) in the memorial garden.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am

I'm sure there was a question on either the pasoti Q&A or at the ATD one with JB and he said something like they couldn't guarantee keeping the old mayflower entrance, but as much effort as possible would go into building it into th new design (although it does not appear on any of the drawings we've seen so far).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am

In answer to Rickler's question, I would like to see the facilities for disabled supporters improved significantly.

I'd like the tannoy system improved - though that's not directly connected with the new grandstand, it just seems a useful thing to do at the same time.

I'd like the turnstiles incorporated somehow - even if they're only found a space on a blank wall.

I have no preference about whether it's one or two tier but I agree that the capacity as initially suggested was too low.

The most important thing for me would be the facility to easily expand the capacity whilst retaining the comfort & good sightlines we currently have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:01 pm

The main stand at Crewe,something similar to that would be good, thats only a single tier
Reference expanding lol! we all know that will never happen

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:03 pm

Greenjock wrote:
LT you are now starting to sound extremely jealous that the new Argyle stand will leave your park benches strapped together looking even worse than it already does.

Even Torquay have a nice new stand Very Happy

SID JAMES PARK

You are spot Jock, I would love to have Brenty Boy stump up the readies to refit poor ol' Sid James, I can't believe so many of you muppets are dissing this particular gift horse.

Regarding Sid James I don't want some posey lump of steel and empty red plastic seats, I would like to see a decent covered terrace that extended the full length of the pitch replace the old grandstand with a tidy little one for youse mugs to dream about visiting for the away end. Room for 8 to 10k to stand with a couple of thousand seats for the wimps, gimps and plastics, sorted.

I don't like the Turks new stand at all, on the tele it looks like they built a brick wall along the side of the pitch, the crowd should start where the pitch ends to create some connection between fans and players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:04 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
The main stand at Crewe,something similar to that would be good, thats only a single tier
Reference expanding lol! we all know that will never happen

Seems packed compared to Argyle's prospective attendances going forward lol!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:05 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

Nice colour.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:11 pm

The new stand will be totally non-expandable, that has already been stated. Any further capacity will have to be on top of the horseshoe, which makes it all the more important to get the maximum capacity in the new stand and build it NOW. Further expansion possibilities are total pie-in-the-sky. The chance of Argyle finding a few million £££'s a few years down the line to fund it, is the stuff of fairytales.

Some of the arguments about bigger capacity are being countered with the issue of actual physical space, bearing in mind the footprint that the Ice Rick will be built on. The two structures are going to be so close together that the only actual proper view of the new stand will be from the south-west aspect. The area directly to the south of the new stand (and north of the ice rink) will pretty much resemble nothing more than a dark alley, so close up and cramped they'll be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:17 pm

I'd like to see us to paint the voms with a paint so no murals can ever go up. Unless they have been voted for first by the FANS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:30 pm

The Murials unfortunately look as if they are here to stay and to be fair some of them dont look half bad,the thing that gripped my shit was the blatent self promotion that went hand in hand with them.
I would however like to take a baseball bat to that Pasoti logo though.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:32 pm

A healthy food concession.

Something like a sushi bar or similar.

A huge feck-off mural of Brent.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
The chance of Argyle finding a few million £££'s a few years down the line to fund it, is the stuff of fairytales.

Oh purlease !

Your claim for a mega stand is based entirely upon your being a mahoosive club with unlimited potential support yet you now say that even when the inevitable happens and you are in the Championship challenging for a Premiership place, with a sell out 17k turning up every week, you will not have a couple of bob to expand the ground to accomodate the other 10k who want in.

Truly addled thinking there Czarky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Grandstand wish list!?   New Grandstand wish list!? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Grandstand wish list!?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next