Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The view from the new Grandstand

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

The view from the new Grandstand Empty
PostSubject: The view from the new Grandstand   The view from the new Grandstand EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:44 pm

I apologise if this has been covered somewhere in other posts.

Where do you like sitting when you're watching a game at Home Park or indeed at any ground?

Many I suspect enjoy a ground-level touch-line experience, others will prefer a behind the goal view

Me, well I've always prefered a bird's eye view from a Granstand seat on roughly the halfway line. But for me the height above ground level is the important factor when I have a choice. I suspect there are many who prefer that type of view of a game.

I've not superimposed the old Mayflower onto the new proposed stand drawings to make any comparison, well because I'm crap at that sort of thing. What I'm trying to discover is in what row of the proposed new stand would you have to be sitting in to enjoy, say, a front row seat in the existing stand?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The view from the new Grandstand   The view from the new Grandstand EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:47 pm

take your pick

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The view from the new Grandstand   The view from the new Grandstand EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:58 pm

The point I'm trying to make is that for many of the stubborn, ageing, regular season ticket holders in the Grandstand sitting high up is an important factor when choosing a seat position. I can't be sure but it looks from the new stand plans many would now have touchline or much lower down seats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The view from the new Grandstand   The view from the new Grandstand EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:03 pm

I wouldnt pin your hopes up on getting a high seat anywhere in the new stand Gert if Brent gets his way

Last edited by punchdrunk on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The view from the new Grandstand   The view from the new Grandstand EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:04 pm

I like a corner view. Block 16 or that end of the Mayflower the usual haunts, recently the Spion Kop.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The view from the new Grandstand   The view from the new Grandstand EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:10 pm

From memory the first 2 or 3 rows of the new grandstand appear below pitch level. I would guess the top row of the lower tier would be a similar view to that seen in the existing horseshoe. I would imagine the view I different to what you currently have as you are much higher.

The rumours are that part of the upper tier (the shelf) will cater for disabled fans so could be similar to the existing disabled seating in the Mayflower (except they'll be 40 foot higher and have to access by lift?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The view from the new Grandstand   The view from the new Grandstand EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:51 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I like a corner view. Block 16 or that end of the Mayflower the usual haunts, recently the Spion Kop.

Where the old fans go to die, RIP mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The view from the new Grandstand   The view from the new Grandstand Empty

Back to top Go down

The view from the new Grandstand
Page 1 of 1