seadog
Tringreen
Chemical Ali
Tgwu
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

The great Pasoti clean-up begins. Empty
PostSubject: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:12 am

Interesting to see how many Newell sleeper accounts suddenly start posting for the first time Razz Only need to make a couple of posts and they're safe for a good while yet.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=71920
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:27 am

The original excuse for deleting my account was that it had been inactive for 3 months and they were having a clear up. Being a paid up Pasoti member didn't matter but I was surprised that they didn't start with all the accounts that had never been used. But then it was just a lie anyway.

On a positive note I have heard that changes are afoot and the mods are finally confronting some of their issues. I genuinely hope that they can return Pasoti to its former glory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 8:07 am

They will use this as an excuse to get rid of some more borderline dissidents, Newell,s multis will remain in place...no doubt about that.
Funny how each application is vetted with the same scruple as the Spanish Inquisition .....Pasoti, open to all!!!!
Dont make me laugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 8:40 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
The original excuse for deleting my account was that it had been inactive for 3 months and they were having a clear up. Being a paid up Pasoti member didn't matter but I was surprised that they didn't start with all the accounts that had never been used. But then it was just a lie anyway.

On a positive note I have heard that changes are afoot and the mods are finally confronting some of their issues. I genuinely hope that they can return Pasoti to its former glory.

Good to hear Frank. It would be churlish to complain about something and then when (if) the necessary people take action to then keep on complaining.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 8:57 am

Interesting, why?

I agree Frank, if they are doing it for genuine reasons then good on them, it would be a step towards building some sort of trust, but if there's a Newell involvement in this and there probably is, there will be a selfish ulterior motive. It was only this week that they were creating new rules that conveniently meant that Peggy's comments could not be repeated on pasoti. Maybe someone has asked "I thought you said you represented the vast majority of Argyle's Internet fans?". I expect to see a "Thread clear up" next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:07 am

I genuinely think Nool has gone from Pasoti, and pl2 for that matter, there is a different vibe around the place and I believe they have learned some lessons from how this site is run. There is no way Nool and I am fairly sure pl2 would have had me on the site, I got banned for standing up to the man, it was personal, end of.
I have never advocated bringing pasoti down, what it needed was a change in leadership, it seems to be going in the right direction. Even a month ago it seemed like a mouthpiece for the club, now dissent is everywhere!
ATD must take some of the credit for the changes, must go, I am entered into poster with the waggiest tail in a minute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:03 am

Interesting because there will be an awful lot of accounts to delete.

They advertise 6000+ members but it won't be anything like that if the criteria they are saying will be used actually is.

I was wondering what had happened to Mr De Lar, who had seemed to be the chief chimpanzee lately, which had seen a return of the editing and deleting of posts that used to be prevalent. Maybe he can't take the criticism of his close buddies there seems to be an increase of on Pasoti?

More likely though is he's just hidden and still has one eye on there and one on here as usual.

If Pasoti does become more of the site it should be then hats off to them, but I reserve judgement on that at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:55 pm

Those two are probably trying to line up some sort of role for themselves at the club, and it appears there is some sort of general move for some people wanting to be close to the club to distance themselves from online forums. I find it difficult to believe that Brent wouldn't take advantage of willing volunteers
Now that the kind ex banker is "restructuring", and some unfortunates are being elbowed out ( probably those that aren't liked by the new "regime" ), there's bound to be opportunities for good little boys to fill in the gaps .... even if it is the wrong time of year for cuckoos.

As for Pasoti membership numbers, the true REAL figure is probably more like 3000, not 6000, and many of those are historical. Their membership active at any one time online is NEVER more than 7 times that of ATD, and usually it's more like ust double. I think it's easy to work out those mathematics.

As for allowing dissent on there ... no they're not, just try harping on about Brent being up to something and just see how long your post lasts
They're not even allowing the names of some people connected to the club to be used ... unbelievable .... they're so far down the Soviet model, they think they just need to tweak the censorship ... and yes, they ill be certainly taking a leaf out of our ATD's book. It's still like the 80's BBC with actors' voices overs dubbed over seditious posts. lol!

Last edited by Penzance on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:59 pm

I don't even think it'll be anything like 3,000 Penz, I would go for less than a 1,000.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:13 pm

You're right Gob, I've just edited my post, and referred to "active" members. Apart from post match spikes, ATD constantly has roughly a third of the active members Pasoti does. Of course, we've always tried a lot harder to keep down multi accounts than they ever did, and we haven't been going for 15 years with all the dud 'historical' memberships that accrue.

I actually don't think it matters what memberhips are, look at Insider with it's 2000 members, what a joke that turned out to be, only Celebra's disaster made me laugh more. The total readership matters somewhat, including guests, as that gives an indication as to how the community use the sites. We've given the Farm some good ideas, let's hope they take them up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:31 pm

I wonder how many ATD would show if people who've registered but never posted were discounted?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Probably about 200, I would imagine Knecht. Again, the number of members is pointless, it's how many people log in, and whether the forum has good and interesting comment which affects the opinion of the wider diaspora.
Newspapers have millions of 'guests' reading them but only a couple of hundred 'members' or in their case "journos", posting content.... and all of them have a "Nool" bearing down on them desperately trying to dominate anything that appears for public consumption.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Just had a E-mail from my friend Vic from PASOTI, they have stopped him logging on.

The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator.

this must be the clean up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Just had a E-mail from my friend Vic from PASOTI, they have stopped him logging on.

The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator.

this must be the clean up

Vic's got to be silenced though, for posting Peggy's comments on Pasoti Laughing

The new open, honest, transparent Pasoti eh?

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:03 pm

I got the same when I tried logging in, in March (and I was IP banned too).

Could be an error from the clean up?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:27 pm

Pasoti will never change until there is clear democracy at its heart.

There's something about the parochial mindset and the chance to 'be somebody' that is the determining factor.

We are wasting our time with this club. Very sad. Very painful but very predictable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:05 am

I'm starting to come around to that Tring, we would have been better off going tits up and starting over again with a Trust owned club. Any scraps left after Brent has finished will hardly be worth having.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:51 am

GOB wrote:
I'm starting to come around to that Tring, we would have been better off going tits up and starting over again with a Trust owned club. Any scraps left after Brent has finished will hardly be worth having.

I seem to remember preferring that option at the time but the Trust would then have been seized by the local deepthroating activist types anyway.

Keep the local yeomanry out of positions requiring intelligence, vision and sophistication and the club would have a chance.

Let them do what they're good at......................rattling buckets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 8:48 am

Tring is right, Webby would be leader of the Trust still if we went down that road.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

Update on Vic Farm account.

Received an e-mail after asking for his account to be closed

Hello Vic,

Your account on "PASOTI" has now been activated, you may login using the
username you received in a previous e-mail.

Your password has been securely stored in our database and cannot be
retrieved. In the event that it is forgotten, you will be able to reset it
using the email address associated with your account.##

He went to log on and this is what he received.

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your IP address.

--
Thanks, The Management
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Here's my standard comment...

Moderators can gain access to your account and Private Messages using this method...

1) Change the users email address to an email address of their own.

2) Change the password - (An email will be sent to the NEW email address to confirm the changing of the password)

3) The moderator now has control of the users account. Once the moderator has done what he wishes ie reading pm's, he then...

a) Changes the email address back to the original email address.

b) The user cannot log into his account so request help from the moderator.

c) The moderators is of course willing to help and provides a new password for the ever thankful and much appreciative user.

Not all forums operate like this, just the unscrupulous ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Update on Vic Farm account.

Received an e-mail after asking for his account to be closed

Hello Vic,

Your account on "PASOTI" has now been activated, you may login using the
username you received in a previous e-mail.

Your password has been securely stored in our database and cannot be
retrieved. In the event that it is forgotten, you will be able to reset it
using the email address associated with your account.##

He went to log on and this is what he received.

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your IP address.

--
Thanks, The Management

The Management lol! What a bunch of cocksuckers.

They really do love having this bit of power don't they Razz What has Vic done that is so terrible? I know he copied part of a Peggy post and re-posted it, but come on, that is just such a piss poor excuse to get rid of someone.

This clean up will soon get rid of all dissenting voices and the Pasoti mods will be mutual masturbating and assuming the position so that Brent and Webb can bugger them into next week for doing such a good job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:47 am

I'm being watched closely. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:03 am

Iggy wrote:
I'm being watched closely. Suspect

Have you put in a good word for me yet ? What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:18 am

and me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The great Pasoti clean-up begins.   The great Pasoti clean-up begins. Empty

Back to top Go down

The great Pasoti clean-up begins.
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next