Czarcasm
Highwayman
Freathy
tcm
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:56 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Publishing of private messages = banning offence.

On Pasoti.

I hope they don't ban me tongue
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
James Brent has given an AAA pass to a man who established a website that labelled members of this site as paedophiles and whores. The same man called a prominent member of this site a Witch. For posting on this site you can be labelled as a freak, a weirdo and mentally ill. The same man issues threats of violence against people who leave pasoti of their own accord and start posting on ATD.

If Mr Brent is, by his actions, is prepared to condone that behaviour, I would say that calling him 'Speccy' whilst not exactly respectful, is pretty small beer.

No it's not, it's abusive and it's no less hurtful than calling someone a witch. We all hope that one day Mr Brent will see the light, but maybe he won't so lets just set fire to that bridge anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm in the Mock camp on this one. I didn't like the title but felt no need to censor it. It shows the poster up for what he is.

By the way names do hurt. You try asking any kid who gets called names constantly.

The fact that this is open for discussion is a good thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:46 pm

If SS68 would like the title changed after reading these posts then he can request it by PMing one of the mods.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:25 pm

In the big wide world of intolerance I would say that this would be a minor infringement and hardly worthy of comment, but that's just my own personal view, it's society that decides what is acceptable and what isn't.

Quote :
I have seen great intolerance shown in support of tolerance.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:29 pm

I'm getting increasingly angry and jealous at this thread,because i wear contact lenses and nobody calls me by mildly insulting names.A garland of Saturnian flowers to the person who can come up with the best name for us contacters,i'll start the ball rolling with;

Gas permeable gits.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:37 pm

Greenskin wrote:
I'm getting increasingly angry and jealous at this thread,because i wear contact lenses and nobody calls me by mildly insulting names.A garland of Saturnian flowers to the person who can come up with the best name for us contacters,i'll start the ball rolling with;

Gas permeable gits.

wannabee 4 eyes clown
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Lensbians?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:52 pm

So it's true ?! Too much banking is the cause of diminished eyesight.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Old softy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:37 pm

If i have offended anyone over this i appologise, as a spectacle wearer myself it did'nt upset me in the slightest, its mildly tasteless and it gives an excuse for pricks like knetch to get on my case, but its not meant to upset the more sensitive readers, if knetch wants to edit the post to something more politicly correct that sooths the hurt then please carry on! to be honest its a football messageboard not a luvvies love in scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
If i have offended anyone over this i appologise, as a spectacle wearer myself it did'nt upset me in the slightest, its mildly tasteless and it gives an excuse for pricks like knetch to get on my case, but its not meant to upset the more sensitive readers, if knetch wants to edit the post to something more politicly correct that sooths the hurt then please carry on! to be honest its a football messageboard not a luvvies love in scratch

You speccy tw@ lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:55 pm

Lol jock am i bovvered lol! Not my intension as i have said to upset any fellow spectacle readers, but a couple of the serial tossers, who think they run this site want to turn into a pollitically correct paradise filled with middleclass dullards who like cracking one off to french jazz while drinking real ale! i would not drink in the same pubs as these spankers or even the same town, i going to keep posting just to piss them off cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 6:04 pm

I'm 'bespectacled' on occasion. Very Happy .. there, that's cuddly.
Of course, what we're talking here, is inferred negative description ... and whether comments are intended to belittle. It's pretty obvious many Argyle fans have had it up to here with property developers and it is naive to assume the new reluctant owner would get an easy ride. I have been ridiculed and belittled for many a year on Pasoti, with full backing from their moderating team. I think such matters of language are best left to 'common' sense, and common understanding, and any person who doesn't like the moderation has the ight to leave. I myself find gratuitous repeated gutturals not to my liking, but I can always leave if it were too much.
I personally can't see what the fuss is here, and I would imagine it's just another excuse for some to batter posters like SS68, as he represents the 'old ATD'.
Still, we'll see how ATD progresses, and the day words like 'specky' are banned is the day I'll move on... I doubt it is even in Pasoti's swear checker, although I would lay a bet negative representation of Brent wouldn't last long on there. Words such as speccy have nothing whatsoever to do with much, much more serious areas, like racism... a ludicrous connection.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 6:09 pm

Maybe we could form a breakaway ATD for speccy, real ale middle class dullards such as me (not having the french jazz). I could be the Rio Ferdinand to SSG's Jason Roberts on our new website called SRAMCDATD.

Remember where you heard this first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Penzance wrote:
Of course, what we're talking here, is inferred negative description ... and whether comments are intended to belittle. It's pretty obvious many Argyle fans have had it up to here with property developers and it is naive to assume the new reluctant owner would get an easy ride. I have been ridiculed and belittled for many a year on Pasoti, with full backing from their moderating team. I think such matters of language are best left to 'common' sense, and common understanding, and any person who doesn't like the moderation has the ight to leave. I myself find gratuitous repeated gutturals not to my liking, but I can always leave if it were too much.
I personally can't see what the fuss is here, and I would imagine it's just another excuse for some to batter posters like SS68, as he represents the 'old ATD'.
Still, we'll see how ATD progresses, and the day words like 'specky' are banned is the day I'll move on... I doubt it is even in Pasoti's swear checker, although I would lay a bet negative representation of Brent wouldn't last long on there. Words such as speccy have nothing whatsoever to do with much, much more serious areas, like racism... a ludicrous connection.
Cheer penz's i did'nt think something as innocent as this would set the moral guardians like knecht as his merry men into such a lather,one or two of the mods would love to turn adt into the farm perhaps they fancy sitting next to nool jocolor
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 6:27 pm

Perhaps ATD could sponsor JB's specs next year after Robbie has been released on a free.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 6:29 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Penzance wrote:
Cheer penz's i did'nt think something as innocent as this would set the moral guardians like knecht as his merry men into such a lather,one or two of the mods would love to turn adt into the farm perhaps they fancy sitting next to nool jocolor

I think that's an undeserved slur against the MOD's old boy. Nobody's allowed free speech but you? They've commented on what you said but they've not changed a thing. Anyway, toodlepip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 6:33 pm

shonbo wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Penzance wrote:

I think that's an undeserved slur against the MOD's old boy. Nobody's allowed free speech but you? They've commented on what you said but they've not changed a thing. Anyway, toodlepip.
Shonbo i'm in favour of free speech for all, even wankers lol!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
shonbo wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Penzance wrote:

Shonbo i'm in favour of free speech for all, even wankers lol!

Of course you are cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:01 pm

For Christ sakes the point is that the thread asks if Mr Brent looks at ATD. In the grand scheme of things Speccy isn't a particularly terrible word but if James Brent was to log in tonight and see this thread he would think what a bunch of absolute cnuts.

Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:09 pm

Without wishing very much to give sufferedsince98 the opportunity to be abusive again, if you read my initial response I actually said I didn't like the title but saw no need to censor it.

It seems that ATD's famed claim to be able to encompass all views only applies to those you agree with.

I'm a prick and you're aggressive. Sounds a reasonable assessment to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:21 pm

" showing the poster up for what he is" that was your view, i gave you mine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:26 pm

Chingers wrote:
For Christ sakes the point is that the thread asks if Mr Brent looks at ATD. In the grand scheme of things Speccy isn't a particularly terrible word but if James Brent was to log in tonight and see this thread he would think what a bunch of absolute cnuts.

Chingers, you sound as if the pavements should be swept and windows cleaned just in case the bespectacled squire should deign to sweep past this way... that's just not how many of us view life.
This is a fans' forum, not a boardroom, he will have plentyof other places to talk football Very Happy
What comes across the worst to the likes of Blunt ? the speccy word or the cnut word ?.. you tell me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:30 pm

I didn't say what you were. You do that job for me.

I love you

And to repeat, I saw no reason to censor - not that is something I would or could do on my own. If this was a forum for children I might think differently but as you say, this is a forum for grown-up football fans. There, we agree on something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next