Czarcasm
Highwayman
Freathy
tcm
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:40 am

I'd say almost certainly not to the OP. His hired goons may well do, but can you really imagine James Brent closely checking the Mundane thread for 'Libel'?
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:42 am

With thread titles like this, what do you really expect???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:57 am

pilgrim_pete wrote:

I had a feeling you'd take a walkies over here before long.

Woof woof.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 am

Yea Man wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:

Woof woof.

Sorry, but the thread title is out of order. The thread cannot be taken seriously as it starts with discrimination. We had a debate on here some time ago about Forze Verde using the word "g*po" and it would roundly agreed it was not acceptable. Neither is "speccy". It really is very unnecessary and makes us look a bit naive and contradictory.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:18 am

Yea Man wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:

Woof woof.

Say what you like YM, the thread title is out of order and you know it is.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:23 am

I'm a speccy, I now feel my human rights have been abused

Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 Stupid-people-posters
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:25 am

and yes, I do visit these boards
Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXvNn5HX4glxKpA44sua8daDM3hNnxjmx0-Ee7T28zWOn45a4D
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:29 am

TBF, it is a thread title which I probably don't particularly like.

'Speccy' is insulting not just to Brent but, by definition, to wearers of specs.

Is it 'out of order'?

I don't know. Possibly. It isn't exactly an example of vile discrimination against a persecuted race, though it is probably quite distasteful.

Should I moderate it? And risk free speech? Become a censor to every post on here which even slightly might offend someone in the world?

Nah, I'll leave it and let each individual reader make up their own minds. They can view which poster it is, comment upon it as is their right, and that'll be it. If people are offended by that, then may they forever hold an internet grudge against the OP.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:41 am

Even if the title is "out of order" I won't be editing it.

It's down to the OP to do so. He can contact one of the mods for it to be changed and we'll oblige but I won't be changing it.

We welcome free speech on this forum and just because something offends a few people, others may find it quite funny.

Can't please everybody and we're not like Pasoti where it's all corporate and lovey dovey, this is a football forum. It's a bit like being down the pub with mates before the match, people say stuff they probably shouldn't but it's no big deal nobody died.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:46 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
TBF, it is a thread title which I probably don't particularly like.

'Speccy' is insulting not just to Brent but, by definition, to wearers of specs.

Is it 'out of order'?

I don't know. Possibly. It isn't exactly an example of vile discrimination against a persecuted race, though it is probably quite distasteful.

Should I moderate it? And risk free speech? Become a censor to every post on here which even slightly might offend someone in the world?

Nah, I'll leave it and let each individual reader make up their own minds. They can view which poster it is, comment upon it as is their right, and that'll be it. If people are offended by that, then may they forever hold an internet grudge against the OP.

I'm not saying moderate it, just why does it need to be said in the first place? What does it achieve? If we want to be taken seriously and for people like James Brent to read the content within then this is just about the best way to do the opposite.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:50 am

Yea Man wrote:
Even if the title is "out of order" I won't be editing it.

It's down to the OP to do so. He can contact one of the mods for it to be changed and we'll oblige but I won't be changing it.

We welcome free speech on this forum and just because something offends a few people, others may find it quite funny.

Can't please everybody and we're not like Pasoti where it's all corporate and lovey dovey, this is a football forum. It's a bit like being down the pub with mates before the match, people say stuff they probably shouldn't but it's no big deal nobody died.

This is massive double standards.

"We welcome free speech on this forum and just because something offends a few people, others may find it quite funny".

So I can put a joke about a persons colour on this site and as long as a few find it funny that's okay is it?
Back to top Go down
fridgey

fridgey

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:06 pm

I think people need to get over themselves. I doubt James Brent sits glued to his PC watching this site or indeed any others. Using the rough maths on another thread there on average 400 people using this site and pasoti, our average attendance is around 6000 so just under 7% on that maths. If you include everyone with an interest in Argyle, say around 20000 people thats 2%. The vast majority of Argyle fans couldn't give a stuff about internet sites, its only us geeks, so why would James Brent?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Chingers wrote:

I'm not saying moderate it, just why does it need to be said in the first place? What does it achieve? If we want to be taken seriously and for people like James Brent to read the content within then this is just about the best way to do the opposite.
I agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:17 pm

Whether Brent wears glasses or doesn't has no relevance to how he conducts his Argyle business. Making personal remarks about him because he won't answer back and everyone knows this is rude. Can you imagine a meeting with him to ask really important questions everyone wants an answer to starting with "Right speccy 4 eyes what are you doing......". How far would that conversation go? It is one thing to take the ride out of somebody and another to be down right rude.

Just for Rickler's info as he seems to want to pick me to pieces at any turn. I tried to sign in to a chat site about 5 years ago now. I could not find a user name I picked myself that it would accept. It suggested the one I have and as far as I remember, which isn't much after all this time, there wasn't a list. My experties on machinery is minimal and I just took the one suggested to get logged in. Absolutely no other reason than that. How's the silly hat doing?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:18 pm

fridgey wrote:
I think people need to get over themselves. I doubt James Brent sits glued to his PC watching this site or indeed any others. Using the rough maths on another thread there on average 400 people using this site and pasoti, our average attendance is around 6000 so just under 7% on that maths. If you include everyone with an interest in Argyle, say around 20000 people thats 2%. The vast majority of Argyle fans couldn't give a stuff about internet sites, its only us geeks, so why would James Brent?
I also agree with this.

I very very highly doubt Brent reads this site, or any other Argyle forum.

If there was a forum dedicated to buying cheaply and then developing property in the South West, however...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:19 pm

If I were the OP of the thread then after reading the reaction to my title i'd change it.

But i'm not going to do it for him as he's a grown man (I think!) and can make his own mind up.

Usually on here if a thread is below the belt it gets self moderated, as has been shown in this instance and posters make comments as they see fit.

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Interesting comments, I thought the title unnecessary and reflected more on the poster than his intended target but not anywhere near breaching our moderating barriers.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:16 pm

FFS, I assume the people taking umbrage about the word 'speccy', are totally au fait with all the Jimmy Savile Peadophile gags on the jokes thread?

Get some perspective, eh? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:28 pm

Oh my God I just got a text from the missus saying she had an ickle surprise for our little boy x

I don't know what the hell happened but I replied " I want an ickle surprise x" and sent it to Chris Webb lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Oh my God I just got a text from the missus saying she had an ickle surprise for our little boy x

I don't know what the hell happened but I replied " I want an ickle surprise x" and sent it to Chris Webb lol! lol! lol!

I can see it now, two tickets for the directors box, hand delivered to your door by Hoop the Snoop. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:45 pm

James Brent has given an AAA pass to a man who established a website that labelled members of this site as paedophiles and whores. The same man called a prominent member of this site a Witch. For posting on this site you can be labelled as a freak, a weirdo and mentally ill. The same man issues threats of violence against people who leave pasoti of their own accord and start posting on ATD.

If Mr Brent is, by his actions, is prepared to condone that behaviour, I would say that calling him 'Speccy' whilst not exactly respectful, is pretty small beer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:50 pm

Greenjock wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

Although the lol emoticon doesn't even come close!!

I'm itching to hear the reply! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I can see it now, two tickets for the directors box, hand delivered to your door by Hoop the Snoop. lol!

He must have deleted my number because he asked who it was. I apologised for texting him by mistake and he very nicely said enjoy your surprise Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:53 pm

I'm sure your Mrs will be delighted to find out that you can't tell the difference between her and Chris Webb lol!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:54 pm

Publishing of private messages = banning offence.

On Pasoti.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?   Do you reckon Speccy visits this board? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you reckon Speccy visits this board?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next