Dane
Freathy
Tgwu
125+1
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Save our trees say no to speccy's road. Empty
PostSubject: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:01 pm

They want to chop down trees to build a road around the ground? this tree hugger says No to the property developer!
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:07 pm

Dont really care about a few trees. They get taken down everywhere when it comes to building.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:12 pm

125+1 wrote:
Dont really care about a few trees. They get taken down everywhere when it comes to building.
Old tree's usually have a preservation order on them preventing their removal, lets hope thats the case with the park trees.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Old tree's usually have a preservation order on them preventing their removal, lets hope thats the case with the park trees.

100% behind you 68
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
125+1 wrote:

100% behind you 68
well done bey, speccy's got no chance!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:19 pm

TREES IN! BRENT OUT!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:36 pm

Anything to put a stop to this bullshit plan gets my seal of approval
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:38 pm

the horseshoe was built without having to take any trees down. Brent shows up and ......
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:48 pm

Freathy wrote:
TREES IN! BRENT OUT!

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 11:49 am

I think it's some of the hornbeams along the front of the park and ride car park which wil get the chop, specifically the end where the roundabout is, (seagrave rd?)
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:19 pm

my wife does a great mime for the word 'country', involves her unmentionable part and a large mexican wave!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 2:24 pm

Would she be interested in being the ATD cheerleader? We could announce it as another football first?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:16 pm

TREES all the way, especially looking at the alternative
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:31 pm

I bet the tree's looked lovely today, we must keep the property developer and his tree loggers away from these natural wonders, say no to brent village.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 9:50 am

Thanks to the endless traffic lights along there (how many more will there be if Brent gets his way?) I got a good look at those trees this week. They're absolutely stunning, and do a great job of brightening up what can be a pretty grey landscape of road and car park. No way should any of them be removed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 9:58 am

Peggy * wrote:
Thanks to the endless traffic lights along there (how many more will there be if Brent gets his way?) I got a good look at those trees this week. They're absolutely stunning, and do a great job of brightening up what can be a pretty grey landscape of road and car park. No way should any of them be removed.
Quite agree peggy those tree's have been there sixty seventy years, far longer than brents village which will probably last twenty years, before the next developer see's an opportunity to redevelop the "village" at the expense of a few more tree's and so on till there gone!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 10:03 am

Iggy wrote:
Would she be interested in being the ATD cheerleader? We could announce it as another football first?

she takes the piss, so i guess i could have her wear a 'get yer brents out for the lads' shirt, except she doesnt call you guys 'lads', she uses the phrase 'football bitches'!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 10:08 am

Jesus, you lot. Straw clutching. Before your houses were built, there was countryside there. I demand you all demolish your homes and plant trees within the rubble and live in tents on the moors.

Opposing this is fine but they're not giant redwoods ffs. Is this the Plymouth rain forest we're talking about or some trees by a road?

Perspective required.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 10:13 am

hairy j wrote:
Jesus, you lot. Straw clutching. Before your houses were built, there was countryside there. I demand you all demolish your homes and plant trees within the rubble and live in tents on the moors.

Opposing this is fine but they're not giant redwoods ffs. Is this the Plymouth rain forest we're talking about or some trees by a road?

Perspective required.

Thanks.
Tree's are awsome, dartmoor used to be covered in tree's before speccy's ancestor stig the developer cut them down.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:09 am

you and everyone else doesnt live if there are no trees, its what oxygenates the planet. theres perspective.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:39 am

Less trees means less places for zombies to hide behind. Are you ready for World War Z? I am.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:45 am

hairy j wrote:

Perspective required.

Thanks.

With the Herald, pasoti PCC and the pasb all in Brent's pocket we need to exercise leverage where ever we can, if enough leverage is applied Brent will have to give ground, not a game I wish to be playing but he has forced my hand, feck him, the trees are beautiful, its a member of the Beech family if my memory serves me right, did you know that Hornbeam was used to make cogs with? Nearly all the mills in the country would have Hornbeams growing nearby to use. It also makes about the best mallet that you could buy. I have coppiced it to make charcoal before, the charcoal is good but you produce about fifty gallons of tar or pitch to each ton of charcoal. As for perspective Hairy, these trees really are the Green Lung that Tudor and Neweell are so concerned about, they will absorb CO2 from the traffic, release the 2 molecules of oxygen and lock up the carbon element, trees are the lungs of the planet, I thought you would have known that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:57 am

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Perspective required.

Thanks.
Tree's are awsome, dartmoor used to be covered in tree's before speccy's ancestor stig the developer cut them down.

....and before that we were covered in ice and glaciers ..........who are you going to blame for that.......the Luddite movement is still going strong in good old Plymouth by the look of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 12:02 pm

I'm aware of what trees do but this isn't 50 acres of forrest. It's a few trees. Leverage? The best leverage is to oppose it with a massive reason. The main reason for me to oppose it isn't the trees, the small stand or the lack of non-matchday income - it's that not much of this is sport related. The Life Centre, ice-rink, football stadium and a KFC and a cinema and some shops don't mix well. The sport theme needs to be maintained in that area.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 12:35 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Perspective required.

Thanks.

....and before that we were covered in ice and glaciers ..........who are you going to blame for that.......the Luddite movement is still going strong in good old Plymouth by the look of it.

Dartmoor was once an undersea volcanic area and situated nearer the Equator before continental drift set in and moved it to Northern climes.Hurdwick golf course is situated on the former lava stream from Brentor,which was once the tip of a volcano, and much of the town centre is built of stone from the old quarry within Hurdwick golf course,which you have to drive over from the 11th tee.

Not a lot of people know that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Save our trees say no to speccy's road.   Save our trees say no to speccy's road. Empty

Back to top Go down

Save our trees say no to speccy's road.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next