+4
PlymptonPilgrim
Freathy
Dougie
argyl3
8 posters
AuthorMessage

How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? Empty
PostSubject: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:39 pm

Looks like a squad of loans trialist's and non league crap again this season, no mention of a competitive budget another dire struggle coming up by the looks of it, two out of exeter torquay and argyle to go down, shez will jack it in before christmas he knows you can't polish a turd.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:45 pm

Too busy building a retail park??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:21 pm

Think of a figure and it's bound to become a fact on here SS68. It's the 3rd June so a bit early to be talking about how the squad will end up come kickoff new season. Another month and a half before suicide seems a good option don't you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Players contracts finish at the end of June.... that's when we might see some action.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:36 pm

Seeing as the only effort James Brent's cronies are concentrating are all non football matters i would say he will give the bare minimum he can get away with. The club is not the priority anymore its a inconvenience and is treated like a sideshow.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:01 pm

It will be an austerity budget. No Brent bounce. Flatline season ticket sales. No Brent loans. Based on realistic crowd figures not the 8000 nonsense. From one of the best budgets in the division to distinctly average. Everything is bet on Sheridan making a silk purse out of sows ear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:26 pm

I doubt it will be austerity as such but more in line with the realistic crowds and turnover this time around.

From what you say Angry it seems you at least thought the club was the priority once which is a bit out of kilter with what most believe now and some believed then as well. I'd call it 50/50 it was ever No.1.

There were at least 2 clubs promoted last season on far less budgets than we had so I'm not sure about making silk purses. Back Sheridan to bring in the right players and find the blend is what is asked rather than that as such. I suspect a few clubs might have less to spend this time around and we won't be the only one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:34 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I doubt it will be austerity as such but more in line with the realistic crowds and turnover this time around.

From what you say Angry it seems you at least thought the club was the priority once which is a bit out of kilter with what most believe now and some believed then as well. I'd call it 50/50 it was ever No.1.

There were at least 2 clubs promoted last season on far less budgets than we had so I'm not sure about making silk purses. Back Sheridan to bring in the right players and find the blend is what is asked rather than that as such. I suspect a few clubs might have less to spend this time around and we won't be the only one.

There was a time sensible the fans would never stand for half of the mickey mouse crap brent and his pals has laden the club with. Certainly never would they tolerate a smaller stand let alone one that cant be extended because of outside businesses.

Only hope we have is with John finding some gems.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 7:36 am

Budget? Ha! What budget? Argyle can never be a proper club capable of competing at league level until brent is history.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:16 pm

We had the fourth biggest budget in the league last year.

I'm not expecting that to be the case again. Sheridan will have his work cut out, but at least he knows what he's doing.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 1:16 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
We had the fourth biggest budget in the league last year.

I'm not expecting that to be the case again. Sheridan will have his work cut out, but at least he knows what he's doing.
Agreed PP.

Last year we had a good budget and a poor manager. This year we probably have more like the opposite. I have much more faith in Sheridan to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear than I do in Fletcher to make a slik purse out of slik and leather. Not time to panic just yet. I think our budget is probably 12th-16th or so in the league- I still struggle to believe it's on the same level as the likes of Accrington, Dagenham, Wimbledon, Newport, Torquay etc but it won't be at the top end anymore either.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:11 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Looks like a squad of loans trialist's and non league crap again this season, no mention of a competitive budget another dire struggle coming up by the looks of it, two out of exeter torquay and argyle to go down, shez will jack it in before christmas he knows you can't polish a turd.

Thats based on what?, why should they reveal the budget no other club does.

Players are free agents from July 1st. You dont know what Sheridan is working on, and apart from those that need to know, until signings are announced its no-ones business, thats how deals are scuppered.

We have been linked with many players, and most if not all are better than whats been sent packing, so give him time. He took a 3 Year contract knowing the budget, and knowing he can get players in with that budget so whats the problem.

Just another typical lets start moaning about everything thread with no purpose to it.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:55 pm

I'm sure I read that it was suggested that the budget would be around £1m, which is more than most sides in League 2. I think Exeter's was around £800k (I'm sure this is the figure Cerbs used to quote) and they have had to cut this back this season.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:03 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I'm sure I read that it was suggested that the budget would be around £1m, which is more than most sides in League 2. I think Exeter's was around £800k (I'm sure this is the figure Cerbs used to quote) and they have had to cut this back this season.
£1m is about mid-table/lower mid-table for this league. Exeter did well to get into the top ten on an £800,000 budget, they certainly overachieved. The budget of £1m quote is a myth imo because it related to what the conferencing facilities/sponsorship could theoretically be able to pay for in the future- which obviously won't be relevant next season. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if the budget was in the ball park of £1m even if we can't be sure of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:09 pm

Pompey's is £1.1 Million I believe but to be fair they'll get five figure crowds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 pm

After a season of failure clubs that intend to tryand do better the next usually get in early with their new signings, there is absolutley no sign of that happening at homepark, the loan players kept us up last season looks like thats whats brent will be relying on next( if he gives a fvck) it has all the makings of a another brent inspired crap season ahead unless shez can work a miracle.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
Pompey's is £1.1 Million I believe but to be fair they'll get five figure crowds.
I'm also guessing they have a fair bit of debt to pay though as £1.1million is far from huge for this league and doesn't equate to their huge fanbase. Still, if our budget IS around the same as Pompey's then that is encouraging. Big if though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 7:20 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:
I'm also guessing they have a fair bit of debt to pay though as £1.1million is far from huge for this league and doesn't equate to their huge fanbase. Still, if our budget IS around the same as Pompey's then that is encouraging. Big if though.
The height of brents ambition for argyle sam is to avoid relegation from the football league, his real interest is " brents village".
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 7:54 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:
The height of brents ambition for argyle sam is to avoid relegation from the football league, his real interest is " brents village".
I don't disagree that profit-making primarily via 'brent village' is the number one aim yes, but hopefully if we do have that budget then it'd be enough for Sheridan to make something of. Obviously the property is more profitable but obviously Brent would prefer to leave us in the Championship than League Two for the sake of his resale if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

I would imagine its close to double that. That would mean putting a squad together on less than 900 pounds each per week.

As for exeter the recent player who is being funded by the fans and is only a fringe player is on 50k a year.

23 home games @ average £13.00 x 7000 is just over 2million. Plus corporate and sponsors.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:30 am

Budget for 7k attendances next season ?
Think thats fairly bold, cant see the club being able to repay much on those gates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?   How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Crap Do you Reckon The Budget Is?
Page 1 of 1