Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)

Go down 
+11
akagreengull
PlymptonPilgrim
GreenWhiteBlack
Freathy
Greenskin
GreenSam
Charlie Wood
Flat_Track_Bully
Dougie
Chemical Ali
Warny
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:34 am

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
who was the last messiah????

Alex MacDonald and before him it was whoever signed before him.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:18 am

Mananged to talk to Gainfranco Zola this morning and was happy to report to him about a sterling effort by Mr Jenkins on Saturday. It would appear that Zola had little say in him being loaned out other than to sign it off and, unless it was lost in translation and an being approached so early in the morning, he didn't know alot about him and he had been training with the reserve team coach. Anyhow I did ask him to look on us kindly if it came to extending his loan with us. Other than that not alot else to report except that I will be going fishing with him later this week.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:47 am

Dougie wrote:
Mananged to talk to Gainfranco Zola this morning and was happy to report to him about a sterling effort by Mr Jenkins on Saturday. It would appear that Zola had little say in him being loaned out other than to sign it off and, unless it was lost in translation and an being approached so early in the morning, he didn't know alot about him and he had been training with the reserve team coach. Anyhow I did ask him to look on us kindly if it came to extending his loan with us. Other than that not alot else to report except that I will be going fishing with him later this week.
Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:21 pm

Been away for a couple of days and just catching up on the chat this evening and I must say ATD is priceless and somehow hilarious at the same time.

Matchday thread starts in the usual manner "we are fecked and no chance". Continues with the scores predicting our demise and the doom about to be inflicted. 2- 0 down and everyone at Home Park is a fecking joke. 2- 1 too late. 2 - 2 and it must be a misprint. 2 - 3 final score and still there is something bound to be wrong with it.

This thread that there must be something wrong with Jemkins. He's even injury prone apparently where there is absolutely no evidence to suggest he is. From what I can gather he was more or less man of the match on Saturday but it is still all going to go wrong somehow. Desperation signing by Fletcher.

Is there a prize at the end of term for the most pesimistic gloom filled poster on here? There are some serious candidates for top honours.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:26 pm

Quote :
Matchday thread starts in the usual manner "we are fecked and no chance". Continues with the scores predicting our demise and the doom about to be inflicted. 2- 0 down and everyone at Home Park is a fecking joke. 2- 1 too late. 2 - 2 and it must be a misprint. 2 - 3 final score and still there is something bound to be wrong with it.

I was at the game and even there that's just about how it felt. And make no mistake in the first half we weren't that good. As far as Jenkins is concerned and I say this in all seriousness his performance, technique and fitness just shows up how far off the Mark most of our players are. I was estactic at the win but it means little when Saturday comes round again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:32 pm

To be honest Dougie I have no idea how the game went as such at the weekend as I wan't anywhere to be able to look. I just saw the result in the end. Not saying Argyle were great or anything like it. Just amused following the story line on the various threads as they went is all. I would guess that most sites about a team would have been going a bit bananas at a come back and even might have been just a tad excited about a new player. Not this one though which is the amusing part. The posts almost get more pesimistic as the result turned. I genuinely found it amusing.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Been away for a couple of days and just catching up on the chat this evening and I must say ATD is priceless and somehow hilarious at the same time.

This thread that there must be something wrong with Jemkins. He's even injury prone apparently where there is absolutely no evidence to suggest he is. From what I can gather he was more or less man of the match on Saturday but it is still all going to go wrong somehow. Desperation signing by Fletcher.

Is there a prize at the end of term for the most pesimistic gloom filled poster on here? There are some serious candidates for top honours.

Sorry mate,there was evidence that Jenkin had an injury record.It was on a thread on PASOTI where a poster had been on a Watford forum to ask about his year by year decline in appearances at Watford and the answer was that his place was originally taken by some other players but last season he "had injuries" which stopped him from competing for a place.I'm not sure which thread it's on but it's there.Anyway,it's hardly surprising that any new signings are treated with a bit of scepticism when you consider that Gilmartin,Lowry,Griffiths,Gorman,Guerrieri and PCH have played a total of about 20 games [and that may be generous] between them so far this season.Hardly a ringinng endorsement of either the managers judgement or the pre season budget that he had to work with in all truth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:02 pm

As said was away so I have no idea about Jenkins or even that he had signed until I saw the score sheet. Not read pasoti in a while but it is the norm on here that any player that signs for us must have been injury prone so just assumed it was exactly that, the norm. Still found the threads funny though. Some of the players you mention are injured but that is a long way from them all being injury prone. Perhaps we should brand Fletcher as being unlucky as well as all the rest of the things he either is or isn't depending on whether it is good or bad.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 9:15 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
As said was away so I have no idea about Jenkins or even that he had signed until I saw the score sheet. Not read pasoti in a while but it is the norm on here that any player that signs for us must have been injury prone so just assumed it was exactly that, the norm. Still found the threads funny though. Some of the players you mention are injured but that is a long way from them all being injury prone. Perhaps we should brand Fletcher as being unlucky as well as all the rest of the things he either is or isn't depending on whether it is good or bad.

Who said anything about them "all being injury prone"? In the majority of cases,its been lack of form/ability or whatever which has kept them out of the team [although i do have hopes for PCH].That isn't bad luck,it's either bad judgement from the manager or he's working on a budget that is less than the competitive one which has been mooted and signing bargain bucket players that nobody else wants.From what i've read,Jenkins was very impressive on Saturday and thats terrific,long may it continue.Hopefully his and MacDonalds class can propel us further up the league and raise the standard of some of the players around them too,it does make me wonder though why we couldn't have got players of similar pedigree during the summer instead of wasting money on non productive bench warmers/treatment table dwellers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:25 am

Griffiths was accused of being injury prone previously. Lowry is accused of the same. Chadwick another. Cowan-Hall by somebody. I can't be arsed to search the sites but there is a fair bit of injury prone accusation about. Suggestion I believe that Jenkins hadn't played because......yep injury prone.

Come on even you must see that anyone who signs for Argyle is seen as being something not quite right by a number of people. Too old, too young, too injured, too crap. That's before a ball is kicked. Argyle can only ever sign somebody because absolutely nobody else wants them. But, as said I find it quite amusing.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:25 pm

Two points here Sensible, firstly football fans the globe over are fickle and reactive (particularly in this country one thinks, incl all who post on here) in nature. Secondly, as a born and bred Plymothian there is the Plymouth psyche e.g "ah good the sun is shining" but "it will cloud over in a minute" perception of life. We all know how it will go if we beat Luggy and Southend on Saturday, then the posts wil be more of the perhaps Fletcher is getting it right. Or if we lose, the "Fletcher out" thread will start up again. We are all predictable to an extent. Love it! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:31 pm

Pretty fair summary there aka, can't argue with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Griffiths was accused of being injury prone previously. Lowry is accused of the same. Chadwick another. Cowan-Hall by somebody. I can't be arsed to search the sites but there is a fair bit of injury prone accusation about. Suggestion I believe that Jenkins hadn't played because......yep injury prone.

Come on even you must see that anyone who signs for Argyle is seen as being something not quite right by a number of people. Too old, too young, too injured, too crap. That's before a ball is kicked. Argyle can only ever sign somebody because absolutely nobody else wants them. But, as said I find it quite amusing.

How many times has Griffiths played this season ? Lowry hasn't played since he got here I think and Chadwick is always injured, PCH is just young but you have picked 3 very injury prone players to try and bolster your case. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Quote :
Argyle can only ever sign somebody because absolutely nobody else wants them

It's a view that I kind of subscribe too. How many times in the recent past have we gone out and got our number 1 target (or even our 2 through to 10 targets). How many irons in the fire have said no before we got somebody/anybody? Whislt we might not be the bottom of the barrell for players which ever league we are in I feel they would consider other options before us.

Having said that once they get here they seem to like it and myths and prejudices are cast aside. many times it's been said and suggested 'selling' the club better to prospective players. The great schools, the great countryside, a great worklife balance, heck buy/rent a bunch of apartments on the Barbican for the little lambs to live in without having to think about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:46 pm

I'm not trying to bolster a case Iggy. I just picked them out as the most recent signings. Chadwick is a bit of a sicknote it's true and Lowry seems career wise a bit the same. No evidence about Griffiths though and he may be just unfortunate with this one. The real point was more my follow on about signing for us = crap, sick, old etc. Whoever signs has a flaw before kick off in anger. I find supporters views funny sometimes with their ever pesimistic outlook but aka sums it up admirably. We are probably all the same to some degree.

There is an interesting question Dougie. How many No.1 targets don't we get. Who are these No.1 targets and do we know we don't get them? I have heard of a few we would like to sign now and again but generally I have no idea who Fletcher or any other manager is after or where they are on a list. Newspapers have a habit of producing lists of players or more to the point associating them with certain clubs and saying these clubs are interested. How much of that is just the newspaper trying to make a story and finding a club that "might" be interested and quoting it as a fact. Probably quite a few.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Pretty fair summary there aka, can't argue with that.

affraid With immediate effect, this post should archived, framed, and then locked in a vault, before he has time to edit.

cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 1:23 pm

We can all bang on about this player or that player being up to the mark, or who who is fit, the simple truth of it, is that the squad is MISMANAGED that's what happens when you employ an INEXPERIENCED MANAGER. I'm not a football manager, and have no wish to be so, but I reckon other managers in the league must scratch their heads at what is going on at H.P or more likely piss themseves laughing, at the thought it might be a place to offload an injury prone liability.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 8:22 am

Ah well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks like some of the pessimism expressed in the thread abve may have had a tinge of realism after all.There's a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 8:34 am

I spoke to Zola (oh yes I can name drop as much as our wag loving player friending super fans) yesterday and he was expecting to send someone to Barnet to Ross Jenkins on Saturday but thought it was unlikey he would be playing so it doesn't sonud to bright.

It's unfornutate because he is a class above anything else at the club at the moment. If Fletcher really wants to get this passing game going then someone like Jenkins is essential and there is no one who can replace him at the same level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 8:37 am

Greenskin wrote:
Ah well.

Looks like some of the pessimism expressed in the thread abve may have had a tinge of realism after all.There's a surprise.

That's a big blow for us unless we get him on a longer loan when the injury's sorted.

The Alex MacDonald interview is interesting. Looks like he's sending a message to Burnley and might want to sign for us permanently if his family wanted to settle down in Devon.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 9:05 am

And about time to. Despite Sensible's usual way off target scattering of grapeshot at the realists on this forum, we were right on the money yet again ... and why wouldn't we be ... we're not daft, we're not even pessimists. As AKA has alluded, it's quite simple, if you're getting wet, it's probably raining.
The one good thing to come out of this latest foolhardy signing is the club probably hasn't got an injury jinx. The jinx is Jonah himself, who has signed more 'injured' players than Luggy 2. That jinx is a far easier problem to solve should someone be bothered to do something about it.
Anyway, on to the mighty Barnet. One point from the bottom three so far... the three games that were to signal just how poor our season might be under this guy.

One other thing, how many loans are a club allowed in a season these days ? ... Jonah's contracted more loans than First European Securities, and it's only October... just.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 9:56 am

I was thinking the same Penz. Isn't there a limit on the number of loan players in any one season? If so having such a shite core first team squad and then choosing crocks on loan that use up these deals is not good news.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:27 am

Nick Wall wrote:
I was thinking the same Penz. Isn't there a limit on the number of loan players in any one season? If so having such a shite core first team squad and then choosing crocks on loan that use up these deals is not good news.

there is a limit i believe its 4 long term and 6/8 short term
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 3:07 pm

Renegade wrote:
Nick Wall wrote:

there is a limit i believe its 4 long term and 6/8 short term
5 loans from an English club can be in a matchday squad at any one time. Atm we have Madjo, Jenkins, MacDonald and Scott Griffiths in there so we could include one more if we needed to. Those four players are all on short-term loans.

I think the ruling is we can only have 4 long-term loans at any one time and 8 long-term loans over the course of a season (at the moment we have no long-term loans).

Short-term loans however are limitless in how many can be signed over a season(as are youth loans). Cardiff signed 10 or 11 of them a couple of seasons ago. However, only 5 English loans can be in any one squad.

Foreign loans are entirely limitless in terms of both signing and playing them. It's how Watford have got away with their team of Italian loanees.

So in terms of what it means for us, we can sign one more short-term loanee AND play him. We can sign limitless short-term or youth loans over a season although obviously we can't play them all. Long term loans though we can only sign 4 of them in January but if we did do just that it would still be restricted by 5 England club loanees in any matchday squad. Foriegn loans we could sign limitless in January and play them all. Lets hope Fletch picked up a few overseas contacts in his Wales days!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 3:13 pm

So what exactly is a short and long term?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next