Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)

Go down 
+11
akagreengull
PlymptonPilgrim
GreenWhiteBlack
Freathy
Greenskin
GreenSam
Charlie Wood
Flat_Track_Bully
Dougie
Chemical Ali
Warny
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) Empty
PostSubject: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I feel so inspired Fletcher can stay now Basketball

Last edited by Renegade on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Can't tell whether he is what we need or is it just another example of a club up dumping a youngster with us they don't want. He's not been used a lot in the last two seasons either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:33 pm

He's obviously been reading ATD as he's decided to bolster his mid-field.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Another 21 year old midfielder is not what we need.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Will he be any better than Jamie Griffiths, the young midfielder we got in from Ipswich last season? He was shite and is now playing for AFC Sudbury (who play in the Isthmian Division One North).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Dilemma: Too many young inexperienced midfielders

Answer: Erm....you know....ummm.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:03 pm

Seems to have fallen by the wayside after playing 80 games for Watford. Was favoured by Brendan Rogers in 2008, but subsequent managers (McKay, Dyche and now Zola) have overlooked him. Supposed to be a ball winning midfielder.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:17 pm

I often see Zola on my train (seriously) next time I see him sitting in the waiting room I'll ask him about young Jenkins
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Well unlike Gorman he's got a decent amount of league experience, so it is possible that he will improve the squad. Given that (according to reports) Hourihane and Young are struggling, and Wotton is injured, it at least shows that we are trying to bolster the midfield. Good luck to him!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Who knows what he'll be like until we see him playing. Seems to have a decent bit of experience at a higher level. Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised.

I bet the Avivas on the farm the road are already knocking one out over him just like they did about Lowry after he failed the medical at Crewe & signed for us.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Suppose it shows there is still money in the budget (?). But how many throws of the dice does the manager have left. And will there be anything left In the tank come January.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Ffarquhar wrote:
Who knows what he'll be like until we see him playing. Seems to have a decent bit of experience at a higher level. Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised.

I bet the Avivas on the farm the road are already knocking one out over him just like they did about Lowry after he failed the medical at Crewe & signed for us.

They already are and on twitter some are at it already. Worth noting he hasnt signed if either camps read this forum!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:34 pm

This signing should have been made at the end of July- only 2 months late!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:43 pm

OllieArgyle9 is raving about him on the strength of his performances on Football Manager !!! FFS. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Who on here has seen him play? Come on chaps give the kid a break he hasn't signed yet it seems and if he does he hasn't even been on the park yet. I would remind you of the comments about Griffiths signing. He only played 26 minutes and turned the game. Ok he has been injured which is a worry but he appears better than given any credit for before he kicked a ball in real anger. He might turn out to be crap but I'm prepared to see him play first before condemning him to oblivion.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:36 pm

It won't be hard to be better than what we've got and the squad gets even more bloated which, to me, highlights all the mistakes in handing out contracts without due consideration.

I was listening to some chairman on the radio the other day who said the comment he heard most often from his managers was "we just need one more body Mr Chairman and we'll have a decent squad", repeated about a month after every signing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:46 pm

At least he's played 80 odd games in the Championship and isn't another rookie who is promising and only here for the benefit of the club he isn't good enough to play for yet.

We need someone who can win the ball in midfield so if this comes off I reckon it's a good signing.

Still reckon we could do with another winger or two tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:50 pm

FFS Jock! You haven't added that the winger needs to be taller than 5' 4"!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:55 pm

Come on we are all saying something needs to be done and CF has done something, will it be enough? Lets wait and see, much as I would like to see the back of Fletch the manager, I would still like to see us win a couple of games and if he helps then happy days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Iggy wrote:
Come on we are all saying something needs to be done and CF has done something, will it be enough? Lets wait and see, much as I would like to see the back of Fletch the manager, I would still like to see us win a couple of games and if he helps then happy days.

Have I missed something? Has he actually signed, or is it still just a bit of speculation from Sky Sports?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Greenjock wrote:
At least he's played 80 odd games in the Championship and isn't another rookie who is promising and only here for the benefit of the club he isn't good enough to play for yet.

We need someone who can win the ball in midfield so if this comes off I reckon it's a good signing.

Still reckon we could do with another winger or two tongue

Indeed - there's a big difference between a youngster with a handful of first-team appearances and one with 90+ games at Championship level by age 21.

Seems the Watford fans think he can do a good job for us.

Tim
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:10 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Who on here has seen him play? Come on chaps give the kid a break he hasn't signed yet it seems and if he does he hasn't even been on the park yet. I would remind you of the comments about Griffiths signing. He only played 26 minutes and turned the game. Ok he has been injured which is a worry but he appears better than given any credit for before he kicked a ball in real anger. He might turn out to be crap but I'm prepared to see him play first before condemning him to oblivion.
Agreed. Aside from anything else, just cause one Championship loanee was dire doesn't mean they all are. Hemmings wasn't too bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Have I missed something? Has he actually signed, or is it still just a bit of speculation from Sky Sports?

Yes I've had 3 pt's and half a bottle of wine. And you just spilled my pint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Can't we just loan fletcher to asda?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:49 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Many of the comments re the Griffiths signing were to the effect that a 32 year old [an age when the majority of pro's have retired] who had spent his entire career in the Welsh league was always going to find it hard to adjust to professional football and a total of 20 minutes football in 8 competitive matches would suggest that that conclusion is not too far wide of the mark.It always makes me cringe when i see reports that Argyle are interested in signing players with dodgy injury records,Peddelty,Peacock,Beglin,McNamee are names from the past which always come to the forefront in these cases.I notice that Ross Jenkins has made less and less apppearances as the seasons have gone on,not dissimilar to Lowry in fact,but i hope that he can start to rebuild his career down here and i wish him well.Just makes me wonder where the "building for the long term future" scenario which seems to have been mooted by the club management and directorship just recently fits in-looks like the club are fire fighting from my point of view.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) Empty

Back to top Go down

The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next