Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)

Go down 
+11
akagreengull
PlymptonPilgrim
GreenWhiteBlack
Freathy
Greenskin
GreenSam
Charlie Wood
Flat_Track_Bully
Dougie
Chemical Ali
Warny
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Where is the evidence that Griffiths was injury prone Greenskin? I admit players don't start at 32 very often but loads don't retire then either. Some do. The critisism was that he wouldn't be good enough play wise. His cameo showed me he is or can be. He should be due back soon so lets judge then. Is Jenkins injury prone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:02 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Who on here has seen him play? Come on chaps give the kid a break he hasn't signed yet it seems and if he does he hasn't even been on the park yet. I would remind you of the comments about Griffiths signing. He only played 26 minutes and turned the game. Ok he has been injured which is a worry but he appears better than given any credit for before he kicked a ball in real anger. He might turn out to be crap but I'm prepared to see him play first before condemning him to oblivion.

Many of the comments re the Griffiths signing were to the effect that a 32 year old [an age when the majority of pro's have retired] who had spent his entire career in the Welsh league was always going to find it hard to adjust to professional football and a total of 20 minutes football in 8 competitive matches would suggest that that conclusion is not too far wide of the mark.It always makes me cringe when i see reports that Argyle are interested in signing players with dodgy injury records,Peddelty,Peacock,Beglin,McNamee are names from the past which always come to the forefront in these cases.I notice that Ross Jenkins has made less and less apppearances as the seasons have gone on,not dissimilar to Lowry in fact,but i hope that he can start to rebuild his career down here and i wish him well.Just makes me wonder where the "building for the long term future" scenario which seems to have been mooted by the club management and directorship just recently fits in-looks like the club are fire fighting from my point of view.

His appearences have gone down over the years, but he had played 85 times for Watford by the time he was 20 and it's possible that the lack of appearances recently is purely down to Zola signing players he wanted?

He's still only 21, almost 22 I suppose, so probably still improving, and he must have faced some pretty decent midfield opponents in his short career and was still being picked as a regular.

He's also a 6 footer which let's face it is a giant in our squad, so if this comes off I would be delighted. It's a big if though because if anything he might be reluctant to drop down to our level.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Where is the evidence that Griffiths was injury prone Greenskin? I admit players don't start at 32 very often but loads don't retire then either. Some do. The critisism was that he wouldn't be good enough play wise. His cameo showed me he is or can be. He should be due back soon so lets judge then. Is Jenkins injury prone?

No,you misunderstood me there,i think.I didn't say that he had been injury prone,i said that making the adjustment to pro football was going to be very difficult at his age and could lead to injuries which the extra strain which full time training and the pace pf pro football inevitably places on muscles and joints.If you want confirmation that my opinion is not a recently formed one and if you can be bothered to trawl through my posting record [i can't],i had a discussion with a poster called Midtown Rules on PASOTI when Griffiths signed for Argyle prettymuch expressing my reservations on this matter.He did indeed look good when he came on against Northampton but i've seen plenty of highly promising debuts at HP which were not followed up-as you say we will be able to make a more accurate judgement on his playing ability if and when he returns to the team on a regular basis.As for Jenkins,i don't know much detail except that Watford fans stated that he has "had injuries" in reply to a question from someone on PASOTI.His appearance record is as follows;

2008/9-29
2009/10-24
2010/11-19
2011/12-7

That's quite a steep decline for a player who was also selected for England U20 in 2009 and would indicate that his progression has been halted severely-i hope that those figures represent a temporary loss of form rather than any underlying problems,we shall see.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 7:34 am

Extremely desparate times and therefore exptremely desparate measures. Carl the clueless is clearly panicking like f*** and has no idea what to do.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 7:51 am

I read a report on him from watford's vital site from earlier this year. It seems that the return of John Eustace made Jenkins his understudy. Watford then had another youngster come through who was rated better so Jenkins was third choice. Zola has brought in lots of players so Jenkins has dropped further behind.

The report seemed to indicate he was a capable understudy for eustace. I don't remember reading about major injury problems, mainly better players being brought in.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:56 am

He's signed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good luck to him,hope his stay is very happy and successful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:19 am

Good news!

Hopefully he's fit enough to figure tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:38 am

That welsh lad, Carl someone? should be CM. He was pretty good actually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:41 am

i'm reserving judgement till i actually see him play unlike a few who are creaming themselves over him.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:46 am

What's the betting he'll be on the bench? Fletcher seems to have a habit of signing players and not playing them from the start.

Anyhoo, I'm happier with this signing than many of the others. Not moist by any means, but happier. He has a bit of experience at a decent level, so one would think in League 2 he would do a good job.

Surely though, the squad now needs to be trimmed substantially otherwise it's a total waste of our 'ahem' competitive budget.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 11:48 am

Given Fletch's record I'm going to remain under-whelmed until proven otherwise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:18 pm

Well put GS, fire fighting it is... nowhere near building a team for the future.. and I remember the club saying promising players on the books could be sold.
If the playing future was upermost, we wouldn't be signing 32 year olds that can't stand the pace of professional football training.
The future thing almost certainly applies to the backroom 'club in their image' that the Contingency people fancy... what I believe to be James Brent's Big Society ...that's where all the effort and dreaming will be aimed. Still, at least the future's not Orange...virtually zero chance of Luggy coming back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:38 pm

Penzance wrote:
Well put GS, fire fighting it is... nowhere near building a team for the future.. and I remember the club saying promising players on the books could be sold.
If the playing future was upermost, we wouldn't be signing 32 year olds that can't stand the pace of professional football training.
The future thing almost certainly applies to the backroom 'club in their image' that the Contingency people fancy... what I believe to be James Brent's Big Society ...that's where all the effort and dreaming will be aimed. Still, at least the future's not Orange...virtually zero chance of Luggy coming back.

Never should he come back either!

I forgot James Brent was a former tory councellor it all makes sense now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:39 pm

I hope he has a prescription for vallium, according to some a "boo" can seriously damage the mental health of a young man!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:34 pm

At least we are signing someone from the right league, shit or bust for Fletch now, we must be running out of room for new players everywhere, fingers crossed!
How long has he signed for, is it another 1 month?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:37 pm

He'll be hear until he realises his agent didn't say Portsmouth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:47 pm

This guy obviously excited once as many do in teenage years, and seems to have had the ability to excite the odd fan once upon a time. Maybe we might get lucky, but I detect a Walton or Macnamee that nobody really wants, and that's the truth of the matter, we're bottom feeding. Competitive budget doesn't mean anything.
Not only are we dealing with the same old geography, we now also have a reputation of a club going nowhere in the near future, with a recent history of not playing fair with it's employees.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Should'nt they be extending the dressing room given the size of the rapidly increasing squad. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:10 pm

I see the happy clappers are still saying when lowreys fit, when the firemans fit, if this watford guy stays fit we will have the basis of a good team! where's the evidence that this miracle will happen? the firemans played for fifteen minutes, sicknote lowrey never played and i doubt he will, and the watford lad seems injury prone at the age of twenty one! this type of crap signings happen when you have an unrealistic budget, and a clueless manager, its going to be a long battle against relegation and i truly believe that, we got nigh on thirty players of which about half a dozen are good enough, the rest blue square standard and thats being generous, the writing was on the wall when we had the worst pre season i can ever remember, playoffs my arse!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
I see the happy clappers are still saying when lowreys fit, when the firemans fit, if this watford guy stays fit we will have the basis of a good team! where's the evidence that this miracle will happen? the firemans played for fifteen minutes, sicknote lowrey never played and i doubt he will, and the watford lad seems injury prone at the age of twenty one! this type of crap signings happen when you have an unrealistic budget, and a clueless manager, its going to be a long battle against relegation and i truly believe that, we got nigh on thirty players of which about half a dozen are good enough, the rest blue square standard and thats being generous, the writing was on the wall when we had the worst pre season i can ever remember, playoffs my arse!

they do my head in the happy clappy gang. Can never see the wood through the trees when they have there flags and face paints.

Lowry isnt messi either its worth noting to them. When fit he will be an ok player but he wont be winning games on his own or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 11:19 pm

who was the last messiah????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 11:32 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:

He was a very naughty boy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:43 am

Sufferedsince68 wrote:

It really was shocking, at least we have been consistent since then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:23 am

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:

About BC27.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)   The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The New Messiah.... Has now arrived!!! (Jenkins Signs)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next