seadog
pepsipete
Freathy
Tringreen
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage

Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Fecking windbag...............

Who asked you Meldrew? lol!

Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 Victor10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:16 pm

No wonder your nipper is always asleep and you can call me Victor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

He sleeps when I tell him to, because he's afraid the Sensible Bogeyman I've told him all about, who preys on naughty children
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Not sure if he is asleep, it looks as if he is hiding away because his Dad keeps dressing up like his Mum!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:24 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Not sure if he is asleep, it looks as if he is hiding away because his Dad keeps dressing up like his Mum!

I won't tell you what I've told him about goats!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:27 pm

And Eyore mouldy. Going to be a very confused young man. Just wait till he learns to do happy clappy and gets shouted at................
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Greenjock wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

I won't tell you what I've told him about goats!

GJ I have told you before, I do not smell!! Well, not as bad as I used too.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 EmptySun May 27, 2012 6:39 am

Greenjock wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
GOB wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:
Nice to see Happy Clappy Sam sticking up for Happy Clappy Ollie, but tell me where were these fair minded saints when Nool and his Puppets were banning Non believers from the farm? very quiet then boys.

That was the point I was going to raise with Sam. It maybe wonderful living in a land of dreams, going with the flow and being ever so happy clappy, but they rarely achieve success, they just have the pish taken out of them from the people they are starstruck by. I could be wrong though lol!

To answer the question- the problems that many people have with Ian Newell aren't my business. They're clearly deep rooted problems and I would honestly suggest, without wanting this to be a cop out that I know not enough about the situation to comment.

There have been certain examples of email exchanges and we all know the ones I'm talking about where it's directly a case of one person's word against another. How am I honestly without knowledge of the situation in any right to involve myself there? I will stand up for what I think is right if I'm in possesion of all the facts, which in this constant war between Pasoti and ATD, I doubt many people really are. Certainly not as many people from both sides who would like to make out that they are. I'm in no right to speak up in a conflict of people much older than and entirely seperate from me.

The earlier example is a different kettle of fish- I saw people commenting on something in a manner which I thought was a bit unfair and commenting and said so. That'd be different to having a go at Ian or any of you lot-which I have NEVER done btw to those of you who look at me as some kind of red under the bed. Read back through my posts and find where I've slagged any you off for the conflict with Pasoti or said you're the "wrong" party. You won't find it as I haven't done it. So I'd hope I've made it clear that there's no double standards. I just stuck up for the people behind that thread because I thought some comments were a little cutting and hardly in the spirit of live and let live.

Couple of other things: I don't really look at myself as anything. I'm generally at this time more positive than I am negative, and certainly more positive than a lot of other fans. That can change though. If we're struggling next season and/or not doing well off the pitch then I will say so. I'm not inherantly positive, I just think the circumstances are enough for me to be at this time cautiously optimistic. I don't like the tribalism one bit.

Who am I starstruck by is the only other thing?

Good on you Sam. A frank and honest post.

I hope this season lives up to your optimism, even though early indications for me are that our squad is going to be very very similar to last seasons, and that won't be good enough for anything other than mid-table at the very best.

There will always be an air of them and us when it comes to regular Pasoti posters using ATD, but I actually enjoy the few of you who post on here as well. It's not always as bad as ATD is portrayed over the road, and not all Pasoti posters deserve the generalisation that gets dished out on here, where they're called Aviva's, but it is a good description of some Pasoti posters who just can't see anything wrong with what has been happening, and will go to every game, home and away, because Argyle is literally their life. This blinkers them from the problems at the club, or the problems give them a ready-made excuse for being crap all the time. Ollie is one of those people because he can't stop commenting so positively on absolutely anything to do with Argyle, which is annoying for people who are pissed off with the situation we have been in for the last few years, and quite frankly a deep rooted problem that Argyle has had for decades, lack of ambition!

At some point it would be good to see the "Avivas" up in arms after a poor performance, or when the only new face at the club in pre-season is the tea-lady who's had a nose-job and botox with her lottery winnings.

I used to be like yourself and Ollie, going to games whenever I could, home and away, using holidays to get the time off for matches, and the outcome of the game would determine my mood for the next few days. Now I've moved away and have my young son to concentrate on, but I go to games whenever I can and make it a day out where it's nice to win but having a laugh and a good time is just as important. I still get Player to listen to every game, but now I'm only pissed off for a couple of hours when we invariably lose Razz

The blind faith placed in James Brent is also a bugbear of many people on ATD, because we've seen it all before, and a lot of Pasoti regulars have such short memories it defies logic. Successful businessmen like Brent are not sentimental because sentimentality affects your judgement. He may not be the devil incarnate, but he is certainly not the knight in shining armour far too many people see him as, just because of the precarious position we were in last year. My guess is that in 5 years or so, you will look around Home Park and think "feck me, James Brent owns ALL of that" And while he may an impressive portfolio of business interests in Central Park, Plymouth Argyle will not be knocking on the door of the Premier League.

There is also an undercurrent of skullduggery attatched to the attacks on The Argyle Trust at the moment, because why would anybody want the only independant fans organisation to fail, if they have the clubs best interests at heart? It is to do with the setting up of the PASB, which is going to be a board that oversees decisions made by the PAFC board, and this is an idea put forward by James Brent? Sorry but that makes no sense Sam. I would urge you to join the Argyle Fans Trust if you haven't already, and persuade others to do the same. A strong Trust will ensure that Argyle never finds itself in the situation that arose a couple of years ago, without an awful lot of attention being brought to what is going on. The fans can make or break a club by turning up in their thousands, or not turning up at all. A supervisory board with no powers will have people on it that the current owner wants there to be. That will never benefit Argyle. If you get the chance ever, help out at a Trust kiosk rather than rattle a bucket who's contents will be going to accelerate the staff payments. That money should be paid from the substantial profits that James Brent will be raking in by buying Argyle for not very much money.

So I am sorry if I have ever offended you with my description of certain Argyle fans, but a lot of it is in jest, and as an Argyle and Scotland fan you have to develop a thick skin or you're fecked basically.I've had years of grief and piss-taking over supporting both teams and you have to take it on the chin and come back with something even wittier than the insults you get.

A very good post Jock and well said Sam too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Young Sam does seem a nice lad so perhaps i was harsh with the happy clappy comment and jocks posts are always worth a read, sadly though i can confirm that SensibleGreen is a boring fart who takes being dull to a new level.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 EmptySun May 27, 2012 4:03 pm

SufferedSince68 wrote:
Young Sam does seem a nice lad so perhaps i was harsh with the happy clappy comment and jocks posts are always worth a read, sadly though i can confirm that SensibleGreen is a boring fart who takes being dull to a new level.

You do have a way with words ! lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 2:33 am

gasser9 wrote:
Personally speaking the longer you stay off this board the better I have never read such self indulgent twaddle.
When you do post please try to avoid using the lol avatar quite so much it's doing my head in.

and 3 years later your still here lol! lol! lol!

sorry elias i know the bumping off random threads is your gig lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 5:29 am

Great thread........... and three years later nothing much has changed. 

One of my finest............. and most accurate  laugh

'The whole Pasoti scene of compliance and worship of total mediocrity beggars belief.

It's like some sort of modern day Dickensian novel, with the ever so 'umble Avivas being grateful for just existing and eagerly awaiting scraps from the master's table.
Select any one from several, to be Harry Secombe as Mr Bumble then there's Ponty as the undertaker, Posty as Fagin , Webby as the Artful Dodger of course and I wonder who would fit the role of Bill Sykes ? 
ps Perm any one from several poodles to play Bullseye Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 Lol '
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 3:27 am

Angry wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Personally speaking the longer you stay off this board the better I have never read such self indulgent twaddle.
When you do post please try to avoid using the lol avatar quite so much it's doing my head in.

I feel honoured I've got myself my own troll there there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:31 am

gasser9 wrote:
Angry wrote:
gasser9 wrote:

I feel honoured I've got myself my own troll there there

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Self imposed exile ?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: