seadog
pepsipete
Freathy
Tringreen
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 5:54 pm

I want to make it clear that the above post by me is mine alone and should not be thought of as me taking a side in any dispute anyone else might have. GOB and Cerbera have their own argument which has nothing to do with me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Fair enough SG, but I could have posted exactly the same thing, but I would likely have received another banning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Yep, and here we go with the hijacking again. I'm feckin fed up of this already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:01 pm

Sorry charleymouse, just replying to the thread about Tring's non self imposed attention seeking.

Sorry. I'll try to be more on topic next time.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:04 pm

I've been away

Suffered - you were out of order
Tringy - you are disappearing up your own backside FFS - chill
Penz - I note your wisdom to Ollie for his opinion, I believe he was responding to the fact that others thought he shouldn't have that opinion.

What happened to listening to other folks pov and discussing it (with banter) back. Argue your points guys (SG, Penz Ollie) I exclude you from this comment.

Less bullying, more discussion and banter please.

Sent with I love you
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:05 pm

shonbo wrote:
I've been away

Suffered - you were out of order
Tringy - you are disappearing up your own backside FFS - chill
Penz - I note your wisdom to Ollie for his opinion, I believe he was responding to the fact that others thought he shouldn't have that opinion.

What happened to listening to other folks pov and discussing it (with banter) back. Argue your points guys (SG, Penz Ollie) I exclude you from this comment.

Less bullying, more discussion and banter please.

Sent with I love you

PS GJ stop fking swearing lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:08 pm

For the benefit of Charley Mouse, I will state that Tringy should take up his own offer....he won't though lol!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 9:49 pm

GOB wrote:
For the benefit of Charley Mouse, I will state that Tringy should take up his own offer....he won't though lol!

The above, yes, not so sure he will
Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 Greensmilies-004
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 2:45 am

Penz wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Fair enough-I'm 19 now so I guess this is the last year I can enjoy looking forward to pre-season according to the Tringreen criteria!

I appriciate you're grown men, and by the law so am I, but there has got to be some kind of excitement and relish to come from it doesn't there? Or else what's the point? I guess it's not everyone's thing fair enough but Ollie's the same age as me so I suppose we'll just enjoy it until we both get old and boring Wink

Sam, let me put it in words of one syllable before the university of your choice directs you to understand the rest of your life in the way of their chosing, whilst being oh so out there, academic, plausible and supposedly inclusive, while all along guiding one to mostly the same philosophical home the system has always tried to do.
People are different, not just with their words, but deep down with their life style and beliefs, and the way their life unfolds. This 'personality' extends into the football thing, where some people think a 'club' should be dominated by one simple aim .... and some don't.
If you have a problem with fans that have a different opinion on the way forward, I suggest you ignore said fans and concentrate on your own pre season planning ... it really is no big deal .. some spot trains, some spot women, some spot planets, some spot social advancement, and some spot footballs in nets...
It is nothing to do with age per se... and probably more to do with the social memory and root instilled in you at a young age, unless you are attractive enough to have the confidence to cut your own path. I'm sure there are many disaffected 19 year old Argyle fans, as well as 50 somethings .... the difference is the disaffected 19 year olds arent hanging out here or across the road, the older ones are.

When you reach 50, look back and try and understand HOW and WHEN your affair with Argyle changed shape... when you no longer hung out at the back of the grandstand for autographs, when you stopped thinking football was the biggest thing in your life. ... it might surprise you. At least here, you are able to talk of the difference should you so wish without the Green Church bishops coming down on you like a ton of bricks.
ATD used to have as part of it's home page the staement that we welcome all fans of the club to contribute, even if they just occasionally listen to the odd match on the radio. We should re-install that statement ... this is not the pasoti altar, and weas never intended to be so.
Without sarcasm PP, that's a very fair point and I see where you're coming in almos all of it. Let me say one thing though:

I'm not the one who's got any criticism at all with those who don't get excited by pre-seaspn checklists. Not a word of criticsm or negativity to those less excited passed my lips or were typed onto my post. All I was saying was for those who DO enjoy it can they not enjoy it without the derision which they were given by one or two people?

So your long winded explanation of how all people are different, and your point how there should be inclusivity towards any kind of fan is something I actually agree with. Surely your post would be better directed at those who didn't offer the same inclusivity to certain fans? My point was not: fans who get excited about pre-season are superior. It was quite simply that some people are different (which you said word for word), some people like to get hyper-excited and some don't. So really I don't disagree with your point at all and have no idea where you've got it that I am doing so or am in any way looking down upon others. If anything it's Ollie and the like being looked down upon by two or three people in some kind of inverted snobbery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:29 am

GreenSam wrote:
If anything it's Ollie and the like being looked down upon by two or three people in some kind of inverted snobbery.

There you go again... clown
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Penz wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
If anything it's Ollie and the like being looked down upon by two or three people in some kind of inverted snobbery.

There I go again having my point taken out of context. My point wasn't "to look down upon other fans" my point was "to not be looked down upon by other fans because I support the team in a certain way". Just to be clear, I'm not saying and nor do I think your way of supporting in this situation is any better or worse in any way. It's clear that Ollie's way of supporting IS being in some way looked upon as lame or pathetic though. A couple of people (and not the whole site) seem so peeved at being sneered at by "happy clappy Pasoti" that in reverse, a couple of people early in the thead (not you as you didn't reply until after I initally did) seem to in reverse sneer and look down upon perfectly benign "happy clappy people". That was why I used the term inverted snobbery. I'm not sneering at anyone's way of support, a minority other people clearly have been. I don't know how I can make my point any more crystal clear really so this is probably my last post on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:09 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Penz wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

There I go again having my point taken out of context. My point wasn't "to look down upon other fans" my point was "to not be looked down upon by other fans because I support the team in a certain way". Just to be clear, I'm not saying and nor do I think your way of supporting in this situation is any better or worse in any way. It's clear that Ollie's way of supporting IS being in some way looked upon as lame or pathetic though. A couple of people (and not the whole site) seem so peeved at being sneered at by "happy clappy Pasoti" that in reverse, a couple of people early in the thead (not you as you didn't reply until after I initally did) seem to in reverse sneer and look down upon perfectly benign "happy clappy people". That was why I used the term inverted snobbery. I'm not sneering at anyone's way of support, a minority other people clearly have been. I don't know how I can make my point any more crystal clear really so this is probably my last post on it.

Some good points Sam.

On pasoti you tend to receive shit loads if you're not a 'happy clappy', while on ATD 'some' will give you shit loads for being a happy clappy. I had hoped ATD would evolve into a site that welcome all, time will tell I guess.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:19 pm

GOB wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Penz wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Some good points Sam.

On pasoti you tend to receive shit loads if you're not a 'happy clappy', while on ATD 'some' will give you shit loads for being a happy clappy. I had hoped ATD would evolve into a site that welcome all, time will tell I guess.
I'm glad someone understood what I was getting at Gob, thought I was going mad Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:24 pm

GreenSam wrote:
GOB wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Penz wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Some good points Sam.

I'm glad someone understood what I was getting at Gob, thought I was going mad Laughing

To evolve the debate Sam, what do you consider yourself, are you more happy clappy or are you more the anti Christ type?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:28 pm

It has up until now, although certain destroyers have been shown the door in the past for good reason.

Happy clappy and miserable gits will always rub each other up, but if everyone rubs along together in good humour, there won't be any complaints from me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Penz wrote:
It has up until now, although certain destroyers have been shown the door in the past for good reason.

Happy clappy and miserable gits will always rub each other up, but if everyone rubs along together in good humour, there won't be any complaints from me.

Indeed they will Penz, what is staggering though is the lengths that people on both sides of the fence will go through for fear of recognition for the other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Nice to see Happy Clappy Sam sticking up for Happy Clappy Ollie, but tell me where were these fair minded saints when Nool and his Puppets were banning Non believers from the farm? very quiet then boys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 6:38 pm

SufferedSince68 wrote:
Nice to see Happy Clappy Sam sticking up for Happy Clappy Ollie, but tell me where were these fair minded saints when Nool and his Puppets were banning Non believers from the farm? very quiet then boys.

That was the point I was going to raise with Sam. It maybe wonderful living in a land of dreams, going with the flow and being ever so happy clappy, but they rarely achieve success, they just have the pish taken out of them from the people they are starstruck by. I could be wrong though lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Welcome back Tring lol!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:39 pm

GOB wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:

That was the point I was going to raise with Sam. It maybe wonderful living in a land of dreams, going with the flow and being ever so happy clappy, but they rarely achieve success, they just have the pish taken out of them from the people they are starstruck by. I could be wrong though lol!

To answer the question- the problems that many people have with Ian Newell aren't my business. They're clearly deep rooted problems and I would honestly suggest, without wanting this to be a cop out that I know not enough about the situation to comment.

There have been certain examples of email exchanges and we all know the ones I'm talking about where it's directly a case of one person's word against another. How am I honestly without knowledge of the situation in any right to involve myself there? I will stand up for what I think is right if I'm in possesion of all the facts, which in this constant war between Pasoti and ATD, I doubt many people really are. Certainly not as many people from both sides who would like to make out that they are. I'm in no right to speak up in a conflict of people much older than and entirely seperate from me.

The earlier example is a different kettle of fish- I saw people commenting on something in a manner which I thought was a bit unfair and commenting and said so. That'd be different to having a go at Ian or any of you lot-which I have NEVER done btw to those of you who look at me as some kind of red under the bed. Read back through my posts and find where I've slagged any you off for the conflict with Pasoti or said you're the "wrong" party. You won't find it as I haven't done it. So I'd hope I've made it clear that there's no double standards. I just stuck up for the people behind that thread because I thought some comments were a little cutting and hardly in the spirit of live and let live.

Couple of other things: I don't really look at myself as anything. I'm generally at this time more positive than I am negative, and certainly more positive than a lot of other fans. That can change though. If we're struggling next season and/or not doing well off the pitch then I will say so. I'm not inherantly positive, I just think the circumstances are enough for me to be at this time cautiously optimistic. I don't like the tribalism one bit.

Who am I starstruck by is the only other thing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:02 pm

GreenSam you do not have to justify yourself to anyone. If you have an opinion you are entitled to express it in anyway you see fit. If you think positively then that is up to you or negatively or whatever and it is ok to hold a view which differs dependant on the subject.

You should not allow people like SufferedSince68 to bully you. For every Noddles Poodles insult he throws you just need to remember he is a Tringy Puppy and if he wants to make an idiot of himself well just let him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:21 pm

GreenSam wrote:
GOB wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:

To answer the question- the problems that many people have with Ian Newell aren't my business. They're clearly deep rooted problems and I would honestly suggest, without wanting this to be a cop out that I know not enough about the situation to comment.

There have been certain examples of email exchanges and we all know the ones I'm talking about where it's directly a case of one person's word against another. How am I honestly without knowledge of the situation in any right to involve myself there? I will stand up for what I think is right if I'm in possesion of all the facts, which in this constant war between Pasoti and ATD, I doubt many people really are. Certainly not as many people from both sides who would like to make out that they are. I'm in no right to speak up in a conflict of people much older than and entirely seperate from me.

The earlier example is a different kettle of fish- I saw people commenting on something in a manner which I thought was a bit unfair and commenting and said so. That'd be different to having a go at Ian or any of you lot-which I have NEVER done btw to those of you who look at me as some kind of red under the bed. Read back through my posts and find where I've slagged any you off for the conflict with Pasoti or said you're the "wrong" party. You won't find it as I haven't done it. So I'd hope I've made it clear that there's no double standards. I just stuck up for the people behind that thread because I thought some comments were a little cutting and hardly in the spirit of live and let live.

Couple of other things: I don't really look at myself as anything. I'm generally at this time more positive than I am negative, and certainly more positive than a lot of other fans. That can change though. If we're struggling next season and/or not doing well off the pitch then I will say so. I'm not inherantly positive, I just think the circumstances are enough for me to be at this time cautiously optimistic. I don't like the tribalism one bit.

Sam that wasn't aimed at you personally, it was a generalisation, always a dodgy thing to do. There's plenty of need for both the questioners and the avivas in my opinion, it's just a little unbalanced at the moment and it doesn't seem to be helping the club any.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:35 pm

GreenSam wrote:
GOB wrote:
SufferedSince68 wrote:

Good on you Sam. A frank and honest post.

I hope this season lives up to your optimism, even though early indications for me are that our squad is going to be very very similar to last seasons, and that won't be good enough for anything other than mid-table at the very best.

There will always be an air of them and us when it comes to regular Pasoti posters using ATD, but I actually enjoy the few of you who post on here as well. It's not always as bad as ATD is portrayed over the road, and not all Pasoti posters deserve the generalisation that gets dished out on here, where they're called Aviva's, but it is a good description of some Pasoti posters who just can't see anything wrong with what has been happening, and will go to every game, home and away, because Argyle is literally their life. This blinkers them from the problems at the club, or the problems give them a ready-made excuse for being crap all the time. Ollie is one of those people because he can't stop commenting so positively on absolutely anything to do with Argyle, which is annoying for people who are pissed off with the situation we have been in for the last few years, and quite frankly a deep rooted problem that Argyle has had for decades, lack of ambition!

At some point it would be good to see the "Avivas" up in arms after a poor performance, or when the only new face at the club in pre-season is the tea-lady who's had a nose-job and botox with her lottery winnings.

I used to be like yourself and Ollie, going to games whenever I could, home and away, using holidays to get the time off for matches, and the outcome of the game would determine my mood for the next few days. Now I've moved away and have my young son to concentrate on, but I go to games whenever I can and make it a day out where it's nice to win but having a laugh and a good time is just as important. I still get Player to listen to every game, but now I'm only pissed off for a couple of hours when we invariably lose Razz

The blind faith placed in James Brent is also a bugbear of many people on ATD, because we've seen it all before, and a lot of Pasoti regulars have such short memories it defies logic. Successful businessmen like Brent are not sentimental because sentimentality affects your judgement. He may not be the devil incarnate, but he is certainly not the knight in shining armour far too many people see him as, just because of the precarious position we were in last year. My guess is that in 5 years or so, you will look around Home Park and think "feck me, James Brent owns ALL of that" And while he may an impressive portfolio of business interests in Central Park, Plymouth Argyle will not be knocking on the door of the Premier League.

There is also an undercurrent of skullduggery attatched to the attacks on The Argyle Trust at the moment, because why would anybody want the only independant fans organisation to fail, if they have the clubs best interests at heart? It is to do with the setting up of the PASB, which is going to be a board that oversees decisions made by the PAFC board, and this is an idea put forward by James Brent? Sorry but that makes no sense Sam. I would urge you to join the Argyle Fans Trust if you haven't already, and persuade others to do the same. A strong Trust will ensure that Argyle never finds itself in the situation that arose a couple of years ago, without an awful lot of attention being brought to what is going on. The fans can make or break a club by turning up in their thousands, or not turning up at all. A supervisory board with no powers will have people on it that the current owner wants there to be. That will never benefit Argyle. If you get the chance ever, help out at a Trust kiosk rather than rattle a bucket who's contents will be going to accelerate the staff payments. That money should be paid from the substantial profits that James Brent will be raking in by buying Argyle for not very much money.

So I am sorry if I have ever offended you with my description of certain Argyle fans, but a lot of it is in jest, and as an Argyle and Scotland fan you have to develop a thick skin or you're fecked basically.I've had years of grief and piss-taking over supporting both teams and you have to take it on the chin and come back with something even wittier than the insults you get.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:47 pm

Fecking windbag...............
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Fecking windbag...............

lol!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self imposed exile ?   Self imposed exile ? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Self imposed exile ?