Tgwu
tigertony
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 12:08 pm

Making sausages from free range pork in the kitchen. Feckers must be costing about a quid each.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 5:50 pm

Just had a hair cut £15.50
Wonder how much it would cost for the whole head.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 10:34 am

Had a Caribbean beef stew made with a single armgeddon chilli last night substantial afterburn this morning.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 4:46 pm

Just watched the new James Bond film. It was excellent.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 8:16 am

£85 for a HGV medical. FFS

Cough here, breath out, touch your knees, get your cock out - that'll be £85 please. I'm in the wrong job, init! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 9:26 am

For £85 I'd at least want a happy ending
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 4:08 pm

Waited in all day for BT to fit our full fibre internet line. Someone at BT forgot to tell the engineer!
Told man on the phone that we can only get it fitted on a Tuesday or Thursday when I am in. New appointment has been arranged for a week next Wednesday!!!! Mad

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 4:10 pm

Back on the phone to BT!

Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 5:01 pm

Jethro wrote:
For £85 I'd at least want a happy ending

It was. I passed so I can continue to drive big smelly environmentally destructive planet destroying trucks for the next 5 years.

Free pasties! Yipeee! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 7:38 pm

We are getting airband but it's been delayed again from now until the spring, in the meantime we have heard about a sattelite Internet service that gives good speeds so I will look into that. Our mobile signal is like one bar and we all use mobile calling whilst at home as soon as I can get either the landline will be ripped out and BT can go kiss my sweaty arse they are fooking hopeless, we lose our sixty year old copper line every winter when trees fall down it takes between three and six weeks for them to cut the tree up and splice the line whilst getting told by someone in India that engineers are working very hard to fix the problem. and we get people telling us we are ready for a cashless economy lol.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 8:33 pm

On the whole BT have been pretty good for us though they have cocked up big time for my brother. We was supposed to get the full fibre internet in April and they deleted his old account on the day the new one was supposed to be fitted. Problem was they never arrived to install it so my brother had no telephone or broadband for nearly a week and even then they didn’t have their old phone number. He finally got the broadband and his number back in October.
BT did give him compensation but at first offered £25 and told to feck off and that he would go to the ombudsman about it. He settled for £750.

When I was a kid all our neighbours complained about their telephones always breaking down and how long it took to get it fixed but ours was always within hours of telling them it was faulty. It was only years later we found out that they had our line flagged up as being one for a doctor.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 9:48 pm

We changed from BT to Talk talk years ago what a mess, on TT go live day the line went dead and they both argued for four months whilst we had no phone or Internet, neither one would talk to me BT claimed they had handed me over to TT and TT claimed I wa still a BT customer, feckin joke had to go to BT MD to sort it out.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 6:21 am

I can only speak as I find, but I've been with Talk Talk for the last 3 years and I've never had such a reliable and value for money service.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 8:02 am

POI wrote:
I can only speak as I find, but I've been with Talk Talk for the last 3 years and I've never had such a reliable and value for money service.

They are great until something goes wrong they aren't rated bottom in the UK for customer service for nothing.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 5:02 pm

They have really had to work hard to get where they are! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 9:54 am

Car needs new windscreen. £380. Pfft! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 12:54 pm

Just bought a can of petrol for the chainsaw £7.53 ffs! These litre things were the best thing ever for the petrol industry 1.50/l doesn't sound nearly as bad as £7.50/gallon.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 1:27 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Spent the afternoon in the garden up in the field sat in the sun sipping Sandford Misty Cider....

May I recommend 'Devon Red' which is also from also from Sandford Orchards. While visiting Ex for the rugby a while back, we shifted several pints apiece in the Chevalier before the game. One of the best ciders on draught I've tasted which can also be purchase online in bottles or cans.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 1:36 pm

Not sure if they still do but always used to have Devon Red and Devon Mist plus another Sandford which name escapes me, at the Bread & Roses on Ebrington St. Nice session ciders, all of them.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 1:47 pm

Bought 5 pasties from Barnecutt earlier, £22 and they have the gall to charge you 10p for a cnuting bag.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 1:48 pm

Nice though
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 2:13 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Bought 5 pasties from Barnecutt earlier, £22 and they have the gall to charge you 10p for a cnuting bag.

I have a slightly controversial theory about Malcolm Barnecutts. I always think the ones bought from the Cornish shops taste better than the Plymouth one. This is a minor qualm though. It would still easily be my ‘go to’ city centre pasty emporium of choice.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 2:37 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

I had something simular when they tried to charge me for a brown paper bag. It cut no ice when I pointed out that the charge for the bag was to encourage people to re-use plastic bags already in their possession. I made do without.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 4:22 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Your lucky bags around here are 20p.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 1:18 pm

Just been down the bottom of hovis hill....
No hovis at the bottom livid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 28 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next