Tgwu
tigertony
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 4:40 pm

Watched Countdown (Zippers in disguise) and Rachel Riley was chatting to a contestant when she said, "if I made it out of the house when my baby was nine weeks old I would have been covered in milk." One for the wank bank right there.
(Sorry Peggy).
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 4:51 pm

Saw a lovely little Black Redstart sat on the wall outside my place today dont think I've ever seen one around here, seen them on the coast occasionally and lots abroad.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 5:42 pm

Lucky you. All we seem to be getting are dopey pigeons trying to eat seeds out of a hanging bird feeder designed for small birds like robins and blue tits.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 6:53 am

Need a new car. Can't even go and look at one, FFS.

Feck Cazoo and Cinch. I couldn't imagine parting with wads of wonga without seeing or driving it first. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 5:59 pm

Loving the ever lightening evenings.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 9:15 am

This morning. Practising the Pentatonic scale in A major on my Yamaha FG730 - while stuffing home made gooey chocolate, fresh cream and butterscotch cake!

This afternoon I will be practising power chords and chugging on my ESP LTD H202.

This evening I will be drinking beer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There. That's my day! popcorn
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 10:12 am

Just sounds pervy to me!

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 12:27 pm

Refinishing my Beech work tops with Tung oil, takes ages of coat after coat but is looking lovely.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 11:10 am

I've been chugging for the last hour.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 12:30 pm

Bad shellfish?

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 2:30 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Refinishing my Beech work tops with Tung oil, takes ages of coat after coat but is looking lovely.

What would you recommend for an oak table Ears? I’d sorely love to leave it ‘naked’ as it is as the finish is so nice. But it’s had a couple of curry splashes on it now so sadly it does need protection. I’d like to keep the natural Matt-like finish if possible?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 10:34 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

What would you recommend for an oak table Ears? I’d sorely love to leave it ‘naked’ as it is as the finish is so nice. But it’s had a couple of curry splashes on it now so sadly it does need protection. I’d like to keep the natural Matt-like finish if possible?

I'd use a Briwax finish if I were you. They now do one with low VOC's (volatile organic compounds or thinners) the traditional Briwax is excellent but the fumes are very bad for you so should only be used outside until it is dry. Clean table with white sprit and give a good couple of coats when dry. You will have to use mats to prevent marks from hot dishes but is easy to refinish and gives a nice beeswax lustre.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 11:25 am

On the phone to HMRC for the last hour.....................groan.FFS
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 11:52 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I'd use a Briwax finish if I were you. They now do one with low VOC's (volatile organic compounds or thinners) the traditional Briwax is excellent but the fumes are very bad for you so should only be used outside until it is dry. Clean table with white sprit and give a good couple of coats when dry. You will have to use mats to prevent marks from hot dishes but is easy to refinish and gives a nice beeswax lustre.

Cheers Ears Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Wife and daughter pissed off with me again. Last week I bought chocolate for the family and the two of them weren’t happy because they are trying to lose weight (they still ate the bloody stuff!)
This week I thought I wouldn’t buy it to keep them happy. WRONG!

As my old man used to say when he pissed off my mum, ‘not often right, but I’m wrong again!’ Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 10:48 am

Just hardwired my front and rear dash cam in myself. Pretty easy. Feck paying Halfords £50. Robbin bazzerds.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 10:56 am

Binned my PC table and built in a corner shelf with a funky curve on it, re purposed the shelf for my keyboard and instead of black vinyl mdf is now all in chunky pine. I used some scaffold boards and biscuit jointed them together and planed and sanded it. Looks well smart.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 1:46 pm

Sitting at lodger [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]’s university waiting for her to take a Covid test to see if she can go back. If she is positive then I will have to drive all the way home!

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 4:04 pm

The ice cream van with ‘The A Team’ theme tune went by earlier again.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 5:14 am

Wide awake! Woke up fecking chocking because I left the heating on! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 7:23 pm

Just helped the boss mark maths papers. I struggled with some of the answers!

Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 12:01 pm

Rescued two sheep this morning.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 12:59 pm

That makes you a sheep saver then. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 5:06 pm

Just done my 2021 Census.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 3:06 pm

Listening to some old tapes when a sang in a duo called the 'Symbolics'

I often wonder what Sym is doing these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 26 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next