PatDunne
Tgwu
tigertony
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 7:32 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Easyjet paid out our refund in four weeks

Lucky you. Three months now and still chasing Emirates and currently in an ongoing saga with Virgin Atlantic.

Took a voucher from EasyJet as that’ll always come in useful.

My brother waiting for his £6,000+ from virgin
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 7:38 pm

POI wrote:
3 green shoots now showing in my attempt to cultivate peppers.

It's getting rather exciting now. flower

Have you put in place the safety team when they are 2 weeks old? They can be lethal at that age.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 12:08 pm

Received the dreaded letter from HM Revenue and Customs.

Nice surprise to find they owe me money! bounce drunken parteeeeee

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 10:15 pm

Well, tonight’s attempted sleep is going to be a bit sticky. And not is a good way.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 9:24 am

The Mercury hit 29c in the shade here yesterday reckon it will be hotter today.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 3:56 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Lucky you. Three months now and still chasing Emirates and currently in an ongoing saga with Virgin Atlantic.

Hotel booking with stayforlonger just sent me a e-mail that my refund for that part of the holiday is now being transfer to my bank account. just how good that was, I booked a non cancellation booking. They did offer vouchers which I turn down.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 4:02 pm

Oooooooooooooooooof!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
simao

simao

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 7:19 am

My potato plants were huge. No potatoes when dug up. Very strange.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 8:36 am

simao wrote:

5G
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 9:22 am

simao wrote:

Potato is a hungry crop and needs good levels of NPK sounds like you have plenty of N but are lacking elsewhere, fish blood and bone is a good potato feed, they also like ground that is fed the autumn before with lots of manure and compost.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 9:25 am

simao wrote:
First time i've grown spuds, the plants are huge but i'm nervous there wont be any spuds! hey ho will dig the feckers up later and find out flower
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 9:45 am

Leave them in the ground until you use them Suffs, generally wait until the flowers die off and they will be ready. Any signs of Blight on the leaves, brown spots spreading over leaves generally from the outer edges, then just pull the leaves and stalks up, make sure no spuds are visible because they will go green and dig them as you need them. They will keep much better in the garden than in the cupboard.
They will also be the nicest new potatoes you've ever had.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 11:48 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Leave them in the ground until you use them Suffs, generally wait until the flowers die off and they will be ready. Any signs of Blight on the leaves, brown spots spreading over leaves generally from the outer edges, then just pull the leaves and stalks up, make sure no spuds are visible because they will go green and dig them as you need them. They will keep much better in the garden than in the cupboard.
They will also be the nicest new potatoes you've ever had.
Thanks bhey, i will take your advice about the flowers dying off before i pull them up and hope for a spudfest. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 3:09 pm

Just ordered a new phone since my old one has started to need a full charge twice a day.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 8:51 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Hotel booking with stayforlonger just sent me a e-mail that my refund for that part of the holiday is now being transfer to my bank account. just how good that was, I booked a non cancellation booking. They did offer vouchers  which I turn down.

Refund in account, why did Argyle not pay refund like that rather then embarrassing the fans.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 11:22 pm

I have been compiling a family quiz for tomorrow night all evening.

Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 9:59 am

Ooooooft. £300 to get the car through the MOT. FFS
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 10:10 am

It cost me £540 for the garage to take out all the clean exhaust gubbins that VW put in there when it was built that self destructs in about ten years.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 12:40 pm

Second run to the tip today, one king size bed gone.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 6:05 pm

To use our council tip we have to have to have picture ID and a household bill with our name and address on it. I went the other week and made the mistake of having a bill that had only the wife’s name on it. The prick at the gate wouldn’t let me in and it was only when one of his colleagues came over to see what was happening that he told his mate to stop being a feckin idiot let me in.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 8:03 pm

I'm not allowed to take my van in the tip with a 6x4 trailer on it because builders are not allowed so I'm told. I point out that my "van" has a fookin bed and a fridge in it but they don't have to look inside! There's cars there with ten foot trailers but that's ok. Wankers.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 8:58 pm

A few years ago I had an SUV which you could take the back seats out. There was a guy who worked there who said I couldn't dump anything because it was a van. I had a big row with him about it and the police were called. The police looked at my SUV and told the bloke to let me in. Matey then called his boss who came down to sort it out and he also told him to let me in. Matey stormed off f-ing and jeffing at him and I dumped my stuff. Never did see matey again.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 9:48 pm

Only asked me what I had, the fault I found no help was given, both time today another tipper help me to unload from car to skip.

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 9:49 pm

More than my job's worth.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 9:50 pm

Brought the wrong colour paint, back to store in the morning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 20 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next