Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight)

Go down 
+21
VillageGreen
Sturtz
Greenskin
Earwegoagain
tigertony
Elias
Tringreen
Yea Man
PlymptonPilgrim
Les Miserable
sufferedsince 68
Tgwu
akagreengull
Freathy
RegGreen
Cornish Rebel
GreenSam
nzgreen
PatDunne
seadog
Mock Cuncher
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight)   Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 11:59 am

Brother just meet the Argyle team leaving Harper's Park a bit wet, he asked one of the players you in for punishment, no was his answer.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight)   Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 12:31 pm

A few observations just to add to the angst and woe we're all enduring at present. I'd like to point out that it was Doncaster who trounced us yesterday. This is significant and worthy of mention for a few reasons.

We played and beat them twice last season. OK we got the rub of the green in the away game and they had a man sent off in the home game but nevertheless we beat them twice and yesterday they out-played us. It was a game of few chances but we only had one effort (by Fletcher who did well but should have scored) that even began to look like we might score.

Being newly promoted Doncaster face exactly the same challenges that we do and they too have been struggling in the new division. Up until yesterday at least. That said it would have been easy to mistake them for a team already established at this level and we looked anything but.

And yet another red card (I predicted pre-match that somebody would go) but this time it didn't affect the result because we were 3 down by then anyway so it was a stupid thing to do but at least it was insignificant regarding the outcome.

We did ditch the lone striker policy yesterday and went 4-3-3. Sadly it didn't work and it was odd to see Ciftci playing wide and chasing back (contrary to most opinions I thought he did OK and certainly didn't lack for effort) with Fletcher in the middle.

Lameiras has a beautiful touch on the ball but seems like a fish out of water. He's clearly talented but just didn't get involved enough on the right of the front three.

Our right-hand side... Oh dear. It offered us absolutely nothing. I also struggle to understand Miller's role in the team. He's obviously a right back in a flat back four but habitually plays 20 yards in front of the line leaving a huge gap behind him which he doesn't have the pace to cover. When pushing up that 20 yards he reinforces the midfield, I suppose, but possesses neither the skill or pace to press on further to any effect. It is all very strange but he is always that 20 yards too far up. It suggests that he is playing to instruction because he'd be dropped by now if Adams didn't want him to do it.

Why did Songo'o go off at half-time? He was doing well in his sitting role and won plenty of headers and tackles. I reckon he won us more ball than all of the others combined but he didn't start the second half. Was it the booking?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight)   Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 12:36 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Newells looking up irony to see just how he's been insulted.

Would that word be in his my first picture dictionary ?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight)   Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 1:03 pm

FFS everyone stop moaning, we look like getting a super development built on HHP and all people do is moan about the football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight)   Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 1:44 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
A few observations just to add to the angst and woe we're all enduring at present. I'd like to point out that it was Doncaster who trounced us yesterday. This is significant and worthy of mention for a few reasons.

We played and beat them twice last season. OK we got the rub of the green in the away game and they had a man sent off in the home game but nevertheless we beat them twice and yesterday they out-played us. It was a game of few chances but we only had one effort (by Fletcher who did well but should have scored) that even began to look like we might score.

Being newly promoted Doncaster face exactly the same challenges that we do and they too have been struggling in the new division. Up until yesterday at least. That said it would have been easy to mistake them for a team already established at this level and we looked anything but.

And yet another red card (I predicted pre-match that somebody would go) but this time it didn't affect the result because we were 3 down by then anyway so it was a stupid thing to do but at least it was insignificant regarding the outcome.

We did ditch the lone striker policy yesterday and went 4-3-3. Sadly it didn't work and it was odd to see Ciftci playing wide and chasing back (contrary to most opinions I thought he did OK and certainly didn't lack for effort) with Fletcher in the middle.

Lameiras has a beautiful touch on the ball but seems like a fish out of water. He's clearly talented but just didn't get involved enough on the right of the front three.

Our right-hand side... Oh dear. It offered us absolutely nothing. I also struggle to understand Miller's role in the team. He's obviously a right back in a flat back four but habitually plays 20 yards in front of the line leaving a huge gap behind him which he doesn't have the pace to cover. When pushing up that 20 yards he reinforces the midfield, I suppose, but possesses neither the skill or pace to press on further to any effect. It is all very strange but he is always that 20 yards too far up. It suggests that he is playing to instruction because he'd be dropped by now if Adams didn't want him to do it.

Why did Songo'o go off at half-time? He was doing well in his sitting role and won plenty of headers and tackles. I reckon he won us more ball than all of the others combined but he didn't start the second half. Was it the booking?

Ciftci was slow, out of shape and out of position, didnt win one header and lost the ball many times while also couldn't hit a kim kardashian's arse with a banjo in terms of attempting a shot on goal.

he certainly wasnt the worse player i agree but i would never agree with he did ok.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight)   Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 1:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

in a nutshell fans turning on del bhey yet all mentions of them turning on brent is not mentioned at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight)   Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 2:10 pm

If Adams feels under pressure and he feels it's down to Brent's budget, he'll have a pop at Brent sooner or later, but half hearted and coded. He won't want his recently enhanced future 20 years employment prospects dented by a creepy property speculator starving him of resources to do the job. He made a mistake at Ross by being too loyal to his boss, and ended up unfairly shafted and unemployed for a year.

Things seem bad on several football fronts, with all of a sudden new formations being desperately tried. Given Adams' previous, does he actually know how to play a different formation from his standard fare ?

Last edited by beesrus on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight)   Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 2:11 pm

If DA had a L1 or even a decent L2 budget and wasn't forced to sign players no other Football League club would touch with a 20 foot pole we wouldn't be bottom of the division.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight)   Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 2:30 pm

Freathy wrote:
If DA had a L1 or even a decent L2 budget and wasn't forced to sign players no other Football League club would touch with a 20 foot pole we wouldn't be bottom of the division.

BRENT OUT NOW
Absolutely spot on! If adams could have spent the Liverpool money he earned on the squad Argyle would not be in a relegation dogfight already! Brents spending the money Adams earned on things that benefit Brent not the club, and it fcuking stinks.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight)   Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 2:44 pm

On the way home yesterday, said to the grandson, we go and watch Torquay a few times when Argyle are away. he said we go when Argyle are at home sunny
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight)   Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 5:41 pm

PatDunne wrote:
FFS everyone stop moaning, we look like getting a super development built on HHP and all people do is moan about the football.

FFS! Don't mention the football much better bash the trust and Adams to keep flak away from Brent these days.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight)   Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight) - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 7:55 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

We ve beem chinned by Blackpool too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight)   Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Doncaster Rovers Match Thread (#Lordrichardblight)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6