Dick Trickle
harvetheslayer
Tgwu
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread Empty
PostSubject: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 6:37 am

Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle

Men in the middle OLIVER LANGFORD  Games: 24 YELLOWS 53 REDS 2

Assisted by Nick Hobbis and Christopher Wade

Fourth Official Antony Coggins

Argyle news

Plymouth Argyle to make biggest Bristol Rovers gate of the season with 9,000-plus tickets sold

Bristol Rovers would like to remind Argyle supporters that Saturday's home game  ALL TICKET.

Graham Carey in contention for a place in the  Argyle squad for this game

Bristol news

This game is  a Category A fixture

Tickets are in high demand with over 9,000 sold already. Tickets only remain in the North, East & Family Terrace as the rest of the ground is completely SOLD OUT.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 8:25 am

Important not to lose this one happily settle for a draw right now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 9:21 am

Looking forward to it. Heading down on Saturday morning for a day on the beer in Bristol. Should be a cracking atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 9:51 am

Shit ground but I like it. Terracing behind the goal and guaranteed to be a good atmosphere.

Will be helped by being with a big group of pals who I haven't seen for over a year and crucially about 8 pints of Aspalls Cider beforehand.

Might see you Frank....you never know who you might bump into... drunk drunk drunk
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 10:17 am

Over the last week or so I've spoken to a few people who's only option was to buy tickets for the home areas and also reading Pasoti t'other day seems more than a few on there have done likewise, could be 'lively'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 10:58 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Shit ground but I like it. Terracing behind the goal and guaranteed to be a good atmosphere.

Will be helped by being with a big group of pals who I haven't seen for over a year and crucially about 8 pints of Aspalls Cider beforehand.

Might see you Frank....you never know who you might bump into... drunk drunk drunk

I will have to be careful, I don't want to bump into the GiddyIans. I am such a coward.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 1:28 pm

Fans from the London area watch out for trains disrupting of services from that area. Busy taking the kitchen out to research it, Argry will help. cheers
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 3:55 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Looking forward to it. Heading down on Saturday morning for a day on the beer in Bristol. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

Should be, there usually is against Bristol Rovers. I am going for a 2-1 win to Argyle. Brunt will grab a goal I feel, along with Wylde too.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 4:01 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Over the last week or so I've spoken to a few people who's only option was to buy tickets for the home areas and also reading Pasoti t'other day seems more than a few on there have done likewise, could be 'lively'.

Indeed, and especially after the events in and around HP when they played down here earlier in the season.

The atmosphere will be electric in and around the Memorial ground on Saturday I would say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 4:21 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

Indeed, and especially after the events in and around HP when they played down here earlier in the season.

The atmosphere will be electric in and around the Memorial ground on Saturday I would say.
I would think things will be very 'tasty' up there on Saturday.
Good luck to all those attending. Jedi Knight
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 6:54 pm

We'll be fine BBC. We're going undercover. After 5 pints in the Pub opposite the ground a massive cry of "Drink up yer cider" normally sorts out the greens from the blues......

At this stage I'm already half a mile down Gloucester Road shouting "Do what you want, just don't touch my face"

Come on Argyle!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 6:57 pm

Even if we palyed the best we have all season we still wouldn't get anything from this. Bristol Rovers are clearly far too good. This one should be written off.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 6:16 am

Manager view on this weeekend and the of the rest of the seson team squad.

DEREK ADAMS has the luxury of a fully fit squad for Plymouth Argyle's crunch League Two clash against Bristol Rovers at The Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

Midfield playmaker Graham Carey is available for the first time since the end of November after recovering from a medial knee ligament injury.

Carey is likely to be named among the substitutes
The return of Carey is a timely boost for us ahead of what promises to be a cracking West Country clash against Bristol Rovers.

We had a spell when up to six players were on the injury list but, crucially, we suffered only a small blip in form.

With striker Reuben Reid returning earlier this month, and now Carey in contention for a recall, Adams has good options within his squad.

It has allowed him to let midfielder Lee Cox and striker Deane Smalley leave for loan spells at League two rivals Stevenage and Newport County respectively this week.

DA said I think it's very good that we have a fully-fit squad going into the last 19 games of the season.
It's important we have players that can change games and can play in different positions.
We have competition for places and I think that's vita

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 8:42 am

Bristol manager view of the game

BRISTOL Rovers boss Darrell Clarke believes his team have been one of the surprise packages of the season in League Two.

Rovers have won six of their last eight games as they prepare to take on Argyle at The Memorial Stadium this Saturday.

Clarke said: "It's a big game between two teams at the top of the table.

"Nobody expected us to be in this position and we are enjoying it. It is nice to be competing at the right end of the table and we are pleased that we are persuading our fans to turn out in their numbers both home and away to get behind us.

Plymouth are a side that has dangerous players and are capable of playing good football, but we have not prepared any differently.

"It's the next game with three points on offer and that is where we are at.

"The opposition is immaterial really because we respect everyone in the same way and we just go about our business in the same way."

Clarke continued: "We have done our homework and we know what strengths Plymouth have that we have to guard against.

We know they have weaknesses that we will look to exploit as we would do any other team."

The new signing Liam Lawrence, the former Republic of Ireland international, is a doubt for the visit of Plymouh because of a calf injury.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 7:34 am

On my way to Brizzle. Full of cold, sleep-deprived but up for it. COYG and, more importantly, 'a tankard of your finest local brew, innkeeper....and one each for my friends here. Make it snappy'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:10 am

PM for you Innocent Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 9:23 am

Has the carnage started yet? popcorn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 10:59 am

VillageGreen wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

When did this become a big game? I remember Argyle winning 3-2 there from 2-0 down, when Chadwick had the performance of his life in the second half, and neither set of fans sung a song in the entire game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 11:05 am

ejh wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

When did this become a big game? I remember Argyle winning 3-2 there from 2-0 down, when Chadwick had the performance of his life in the second half, and neither set of fans sung a song in the entire game.

The gas's club song that the fans sing every game was born from argyle fans leaving early so its a huge game lol!

worth pointing out that at no point did the guy who came up with this custom was offered a free season ticket nor did rovers force the song on fans to a lukewarm reception it was organic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 11:17 am

Angry wrote:

worth pointing out that at no point did the guy who came up with this custom was offered a free season ticket nor did rovers force the song on fans to a lukewarm reception it was organic.

You mean he missed out on being courted by IJN and Chris Webb, having their photos taken together, sending a local newspaper reporter around for an interview to see where the inspiration came from, and a set of promotional mugs and internet banners in his honour?

Reeling the song out every time Argyle 'need the special song' to get them going?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 11:33 am

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:

You mean he missed out on being courted by IJN and Chris Webb, having their photos taken together, sending a local newspaper reporter around for an interview to see where the inspiration came from, and a set of promotional mugs and internet banners in his honour?

Reeling the song out every time Argyle 'need the special song' to get them going?

that and also missed out on having captain wankspasm give him the thumbs up
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 11:45 am

BBC1 wrote:

Troops are building up. I'm surveying the Scene but as yet no sight of the Prez, Pork Chop or his First Officer affraid
Worn my extra thick gloves with the hope of running into Squeaky.... Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 1:49 pm

ejh wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

Both sides are doing well at the moment, hence the electric atmosphere.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 1:57 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

Troops are building up. I'm surveying the Scene but as yet no sight of the Prez, Pork Chop or his First Officer  affraid
Worn my extra thick gloves with the hope of running into Squeaky.... Very Happy Very Happy

I can report that the ATD Infantry Division is in the area on patrol
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 2:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next