Sir Francis Drake
Innocent Egbunike
Les Miserable
Greenskin
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

David Norris - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Norris   David Norris - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 9:52 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Halmosi obviously went on the perform regularly in the Prem, and as a winger, your technical ability has to be at a very high level for that to happen.

Great times.

Not so sure that's correct. Hull couldn't get rid of him quick enough. He played 18 times over 2 and a half years. Decent player in the championship but the premiership was a step too far.
I always thought Gary Nelson was consistent and scored goals. Did well at all of his clubs.

That's fair comment about Nelson, Rollo, and of course Dalton was in the same ball park too, although a little more Waddlesque in his style. There's something quite ethereal about the likes of these wide guys who can just float past people without you noticing anything obvious early on. Especially Halmosi.
Funny enough, someone you did see a lot about almost immediately, with it all on show was Mackie, playing 3 roles at once, who in my opinion carried the team he was in for a whole season. Looked awkward, leggy, all over the place, but so so effective and lightning quick. All these players are basically lower premier class and survived there ........... for a while. It's just so different than what you usually get down here in the lower pro leagues, and of course what's been offer for the last 7 or 8 years. Enjoy the season with Bradley the ear tickler and Gary Sawyer. Dear oh dear.

Ps I'm surprised no one has commented on Tony Book who came from Bath I think at 27 and was just about the best full back you will see in an old fashioned sense, and of course yet another who proved himself hugely at the top. No one got past him in a hurry, not even the likes of a Terry Paine sort.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

David Norris - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Norris   David Norris - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Couldn't agree more with your Tony Book comment. He was brilliant and he never got taken to the cleaners by any winger. And every team had a winger if not two.
I think he and John Newman opened a fruit and veg shop on Henders Corner.
Funnily enough Newman is another player that proved himself at a much higher level.
The pair of them would walk into my best Argyle XI.
Back to top Go down

David Norris
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2