Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 4:13 pm

Just heard that David Norris has joined Yeovil
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 4:28 pm

Zak Ansah has also joined Newport on loan- who we play next week.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 5:00 pm

Yeovil Town

By HeraldSport  |  Posted: August 21, 2015

David Norris

PAUL Sturrock has unveiled former Pilgrim David Norris as his latest signing at Yeovil Town.

The ex-Argyle player has signed for the Glovers on non-contract terms

Norris, who most recently had been with League One side Peterborough United, joined up with the Glovers on Friday morning and will be eligible for Saturday's match at home to Luton Town, subject to paperwork going through.

Yeovil manager Paul Sturrock said: "With the current injury list we have here at Huish Park, I thought it was essential to bring in an experienced player.

"David is a quality midfielder who will add valuable experience to our depleted squad.
Back to top Go down

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 5:13 pm

Probably worth a bet that he'll score against us when we play them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 6:21 pm

Olly Lee gone to Luton
Back to top Go down

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 6:22 pm

Carey is far better
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 6:28 pm

Norris / Lee / Ansah - good luck to them all. Doesn't matter if they score against us because we'll score more. If DN turns out for Yeovil against us he'll get a rousing reception - then we'll stuff them.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 6:50 pm

Score argyle score, if you score one, you ll score four....lol
Back to top Go down

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 12:11 am

Angry wrote:
Carey is far better
And some...
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 5:16 am

Norris didn't want to play for Stapleton's mob come the end, Brent's got no chance...

My guess is Norris will never forgive the Nooligans who booed Capaldi.  Norris was never the same after that, refusing to celebrate goals etc.  He knew where stapleton's mob were headed.  Fair play to him.

I wouldn't want him back here, not because he couldn't do a job, it just wouldn't 'feel right', all round.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 6:55 am

After the luggy mark2 performance i thought he should have called it a day &retired then..but fair play to him if he thinks by buying norris can repeat his former glorys of yester year...well good with that
Back to top Go down

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 10:39 am

Angry wrote:
Carey is far better

You're right, but then again, they are quite different players.

I think he'd be competing with Josh Simpson for a place, so would we want:

a) someone proven in League Two/League One level in recent seasons, rated by his former clubs, and at 28 years of age.
b) a very accomplished player in his day, blessed with great stamina 5-10 years ago, but who is 34 years old, and has made a total of 10 appearances in the last two seasons.

Simpson the better option all day long, surely?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 11:10 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Norris didn't want to play for Stapleton's mob come the end, Brent's got no chance...

My guess is Norris will never forgive the Nooligans who booed Capaldi.  Norris was never the same after that, refusing to celebrate goals etc.  He knew where stapleton's mob were headed.  Fair play to him.

I wouldn't want him back here, not because he couldn't do a job, it just wouldn't 'feel right', all round.

He did indeed. Made a comment about the club "matching my own ambitions" when he joined Ipswich. One of the most revealing aspects of that transfer was that Ipswich were in a very similar league position to Argyle at the time-most unusual for any club to sell to a close rival if they have a serious intention of getting anywhere. Still sticks in my craw even at a distance of 8 years.

Anyway he's just about washed up now and I doubt if there was ever any intention of bringing him back here in spite of the rumours propagated by that bloke on PASOTI who purports to be a "reliable source".
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 11:17 am

I want to remember him as the player he was, not what he is now. Just because it worked for Mickey Evans doesn't mean it will work for anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 11:37 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
I want to remember him as the player he was, not what he is now. Just because it worked for Mickey Evans doesn't mean it will work for anyone else.

Very true. One of the worst examples of that was when Hodges signed Nicky Marker on loan after Argyle had been on a good run-he was supposed to have strengthened the team even further but it was very obvious that he was finished and I don't think Argyle won a game or scored a goal during his second spell, very costly decision from Hodges. Great player in his first spell but washed up failure on his return.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 2:02 pm

And of course we all remember Banton Mk 2. Went from being unplayable to a liability.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 2:55 pm

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
Carey is far better

You're right, but then again, they are quite different players.

I think he'd be competing with Josh Simpson for a place, so would we want:

a) someone proven in League Two/League One level in recent seasons, rated by his former clubs, and at 28 years of age.
b) a very accomplished player in his day, blessed with great stamina 5-10 years ago, but who is 34 years old, and has made a total of 10 appearances in the last two seasons.

Simpson the better option all day long, surely?
or Freathy laugh
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 5:59 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

He did indeed. Made a comment about the club "matching my own ambitions" when he joined Ipswich. One of the most revealing aspects of that transfer was that Ipswich were in a very similar league position to Argyle at the time-most unusual for any club to sell to a close rival if they have a serious intention of getting anywhere. Still sticks in my craw even at a distance of 8 years.

Anyway he's just about washed up now and I doubt if there was ever any intention of bringing him back here in spite of the rumours propagated by that bloke on PASOTI who purports to be a "reliable source".

Likewise.  Us supporters got totally screwed over that year, unforgivable.

You're probably right about Norris being 'washed up' too.  I was being polite.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:55 pm

short term as yeovil have injuries but they can't afford to hand chuck a full time deal
Back to top Go down

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 10:07 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

There was all that but at the same time, Capaldi trebled his wages on joining Cardiff. Footballers biggest topic on conversation is money, who's on what and where. When Norris was talking about a club matching his ambitions, he'll have meant "prepared to pay him more" because he never played in the premier league and his supposed wanting to be nearer his family was rubbished when he tipped up at Leeds and Portsmouth.

I think we were talking about paying him 10k a week, not sure whether Ipswich were paying him that.
Back to top Go down

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 10:20 am

I used to feckin hate Capaldi, he'd shuffle backwards the full length of the pitch watching the ball at a wingers feet then watch in amazement as the cross went past him into our box. Sure he had a reasonable cross and his throws were decent but a defender that can't or won't tackle? Perleese.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 12:10 pm

Iggy wrote:
I used to feckin hate Capaldi, he'd shuffle backwards the full length of the pitch watching the ball at a wingers feet then watch in amazement as the cross went past him into our box. Sure he had a reasonable cross and his throws were decent but a defender that can't or won't tackle? Perleese.

He was the anti-fast break man too. God knows how many times I watched him, with the ball at his feet and open field ahead of him stop, turn around, and pass to one of the centrebacks. My mate took to shouting 'slow down, Capaldi!' whenever he got the ball. Mad
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 12:18 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

There was all that but at the same time, Capaldi trebled his wages on joining Cardiff. Footballers biggest topic on conversation is money, who's on what and  where. When Norris was talking about a club matching his ambitions, he'll have meant "prepared to pay him more" because he never played in the premier league and his supposed wanting to be nearer his family was rubbished when he tipped up at Leeds and Portsmouth.

I think we were talking about paying him 10k a week, not sure whether Ipswich were paying him that.

The point was that the Argyle directorate were unable to cope with it, a situation which has been overcome before and since by a lot of clubs who could be described as the same size or even smaller than Argyle-did Swansea, Reading, Hull etc have a fire sale in the season that they were supposed to be "going for it"?. Don't agree with the comments about Capaldi in other posts either-versatile championship standard player in my book and if he was that much of a defensive liability, there's no way that such a savvy manager as Pulis would have kept him in the team.
Back to top Go down

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

There was all that but at the same time, Capaldi trebled his wages on joining Cardiff. Footballers biggest topic on conversation is money, who's on what and  where. When Norris was talking about a club matching his ambitions, he'll have meant "prepared to pay him more" because he never played in the premier league and his supposed wanting to be nearer his family was rubbished when he tipped up at Leeds and Portsmouth.

The point was that the Argyle directorate were unable to cope with it, a situation which has been overcome before and since by a lot of clubs who could be described as the same size or even smaller than Argyle-did Swansea, Reading, Hull etc have a fire sale in the season that they were supposed to be "going for it"?. Don't agree with the comments about Capaldi in other posts either-versatile championship standard player in my book and if he was that much of a defensive liability, there's no way that such a savvy manager as Pulis would have kept him in the team.

I wouldn't go as far as defensive liability but the other players in that team flattered him, well have to agree to disagree about old tone I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 6:02 am

Paul Sturrock has tonight revealed that David Norris has departed Huish Park.

The midfielder joined the Glovers on non-contract terms and made just one appearance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Norris to Yeovil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norris to Yeovil   Norris to Yeovil Empty

Back to top Go down

Norris to Yeovil
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next