DAVID NORRIS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pepsipete

pepsipete

DAVID NORRIS Empty
PostSubject: DAVID NORRIS   DAVID NORRIS EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:45 pm

See he has joined Portsmouth on a free from Ipswich, wish it was us, but no chance.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

DAVID NORRIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID NORRIS   DAVID NORRIS EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:09 pm

No player of any worth/ambition has joined this club since Holloway left............................ unless we paid them silly money.
Trust in Stapes.
Back to top Go down

DAVID NORRIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID NORRIS   DAVID NORRIS EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:41 pm

If I read it right, the great football plan for 2011 is to start the season with 9 or 10 fit players and Peter Reid is arranging to bring in 5 or 6 loanees for very cheap deals, if not next to nothing, especially from clubs who have managers sympathetic to Argyle's plight.
I didn't think the football attitude could get much worse, but it's about to... all part of the money men's pressure I guess. It isn't working on me.
It also appears season tickets are more than likely to be put on hold..... lol!
Could be a record low attendance for the start of the season, on the terraces and on the bench.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

DAVID NORRIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID NORRIS   DAVID NORRIS EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:55 pm

When the dimwits on Pasoti used to moan about the stay away janners, I used to tell them that if the club could just for once, give them a reason to believe, they would come.

Even when Holloway was performing miracles, it was castles built on sand and greed. When you swim with the big fish, treading water is not an option.
Jeeeez I despise the small minded greed and arrogance of our outclassed board and their loyal supporters.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

DAVID NORRIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID NORRIS   DAVID NORRIS EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Very strange.One of the reasons given for Norris's departure in 2007 was that he was pining to be nearer his family and his Cambridgeshire roots.Must have had a row or gotten fed up with the Fenlands if he wants to come back to the south coast,i suppose.Mind you,he did let it slip at his first Ipswich press conference that he was "joining a club with ambitions closer to my own".This was rationalised by some fans and local media as meaning that he was going there for more money.I don't believe it and never did.If he had been convinced that Argyle meant what they said about "going for it" and there was a possibility of reaching the permiership and the rewards that would follow,why would he have moved? Complete cock and bull defence mechanism,as ever.
Back to top Go down

DAVID NORRIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID NORRIS   DAVID NORRIS EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:00 pm

Its been reported in the local rag up here that he was happy to stay at Ipswich but he wanted to get the "last big contract" of his career. Pompey offered him the best deal.

Or he could be a really thick footballer and turn up at HP in pre season thinking that he has signed for Argyle again.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

DAVID NORRIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID NORRIS   DAVID NORRIS EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:14 am

It will be a very long time before we sign another Chuck.

But what a team we had back then...

David Norris
Akos Buzsaky
Peter Halmosi
Lilian Nalis
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake
Barry Hayles
Dan Gosling

Manager: Ian Holloway

Championship Play-off place looking likely. The white mullet says "we'll go for it". The rest is miserable Argyle history repeating itself yet again.

Trust in stapes

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

DAVID NORRIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID NORRIS   DAVID NORRIS EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Freathy wrote:
It will be a very long time before we sign another Chuck.

But what a team we had back then...

David Norris
Akos Buzsaky
Peter Halmosi
Lilian Nalis
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake
Barry Hayles
Dan Gosling

Manager: Ian Holloway

Championship Play-off place looking likely. The white mullet says "we'll go for it". The rest is miserable Argyle history repeating itself yet again.

Trust in stapes

There were also people like Connolly, Doumbe,Seip and Timar at their very best,two good keepers,too.A couple of good signings was all that we needed,i'm sure Holloway and Penrice could have found something for not very much outlay,even a couple of good loanee's,a la Sinclair,Gallen or Martin.Still,there we are.As you say,Trust in Stapes.
Back to top Go down

DAVID NORRIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID NORRIS   DAVID NORRIS EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 7:18 pm

Isn't it ironic that he's gone to a club that pretty much mimics us in so many ways barring success and, a club with debt that makes our debt seem like a deposit for the purchase of a bottle of cow shite.
Back to top Go down

DAVID NORRIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID NORRIS   DAVID NORRIS EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:02 pm

He obviously left to get involved with a more go ahead club and I didn't blame him for that, but sadly, I lost it with Chuck when he did his ridiculous handcuff thing. Rather insensitive to say the least. Does he think all footballers are freedom fighters.
Back to top Go down

DAVID NORRIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID NORRIS   DAVID NORRIS EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 11:13 pm

He basically went on hunger strike till he got his transfer...part of the reason of why i have bugger all respect for 80 per cent of modern day footballers.I do not blame him for going...who wouldn't with the do-nuts of our regime in charge , i just despise the way he went about it...made himself look like a right immature Stapes.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

DAVID NORRIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID NORRIS   DAVID NORRIS EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:14 am

Might go watch him with some of my Pompey mates. NAT! The people who follow Pompey and the locals are the most degenerate and backward folk in the south of England. They are filth. It always makes me wonder when Argyle do student deals, as I expect the student population feel the same way about Argyle fans and the Plymouth locals. The only real exposure they get to them would be the unemployed loitering around town during the week and the delights of a Plymouth night out down Union Strasse...bless any of them who've ended up in Two Trees or Jesters, pour souls.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

DAVID NORRIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAVID NORRIS   DAVID NORRIS Empty

Back to top Go down

DAVID NORRIS
Page 1 of 1