Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Million Pound Where's it Going?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
PatDunne



Posts : 1052
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:54 pm

It's Dave the lemon?? :-)
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2223
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:44 am

I think the idea of putting in temporary seats for the big game is a good one, I think even Brent and his cronies realise how utterly shit the ground would look on global TV with a yawning space left under the antiquated stand.
So yes good thing to do, but charging £35, sorry that does not look like the fans are being respected. Brent says the club are not making any money out of this initiative, and that even Liverpool are financially supportive, so why not make 1800 fans happy by charging £20 and here's an idea. Use some of the FA cup income to make it happen and cover costs.
Once again the fans are being taken for granted.
BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3210
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:06 am

akagreengull wrote:
I think the idea of putting in temporary seats for the big game is a good one, I think even Brent and his cronies realise how utterly shit the ground would look on global TV with a yawning space left under the antiquated stand.
So yes good thing to do, but charging £35, sorry that does not look like the fans are being respected. Brent says the club are not making any money out of this initiative, and that even Liverpool are financially supportive, so why not make 1800 fans happy by charging £20 and here's an idea. Use some of the FA cup income to make it happen and cover costs.
Once again the fans are being taken for granted.
BRENT OUT
Brent and the gang are making over a million pounds out of the Liverpool games, yet feel the need to fleece the fans over the temporary seats with a no concessions blanket charge of thirty five quid!
Hallet, want to know how to attract more fans to Homepark? i dont think ripping off the ones that might be interested is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 9889
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:09 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
I think the idea of putting in temporary seats for the big game is a good one, I think even Brent and his cronies realise how utterly shit the ground would look on global TV with a yawning space left under the antiquated stand.
So yes good thing to do, but charging £35, sorry that does not look like the fans are being respected. Brent says the club are not making any money out of this initiative, and that even Liverpool are financially supportive, so why not make 1800 fans happy by charging £20 and here's an idea. Use some of the FA cup income to make it happen and cover costs.
Once again the fans are being taken for granted.
BRENT OUT
Brent and the gang are making over a million pounds out of the Liverpool games, yet feel the need to fleece the fans over the temporary seats with a no concessions blanket charge of thirty five quid!
Hallet, want to know how to attract more fans to Homepark? i dont think ripping off the ones that might be interested is the way to go.

£35 for a ticket in a temp seat is blatantly ripping desperate people off.

again its a pity none of that £1m will go into Del Bhey's transfer budget even for next season if not this window.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:43 pm

In the whirl of announcements about the new stand, Hallett and the possibility of a new regime and two games against Liverpool, transfer activity - or rather the lack of it - isn't being mentioned much even on here at the moment. Has Garita's loan been officially extended yet? And still an empty squad for next season as things stand. How many more players are needed to give Argyle the best chance of going up automatically, which is surely the only satisfactory outcome this year?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2223
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:56 pm

Just saw the shyster on BBC Spotlight, so according to him the club could only
afford to put the extra seats in due to the financial assistance of LFC.
More fodder for the eternally grateful.
Feck off Brent you smug tw@t.
Rant
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1607
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:25 pm

I saw that. He actually said that they couldn't have afforded to install the seats unless Liverpool passed on their 45% of their ticket allocation. That really is complete and total bollox, not to mention a downright lie.

What about the £700k earned so far from the cup run? The guy is a total sham.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:36 pm

He was probably pretty shocked at the price of getting actual professionals in to do some work at HP, it hasn't happened very often in his time at the club, he usually uses bucket rattlers...
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2223
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:37 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I saw that. He actually said that they couldn't have afforded to install the seats unless Liverpool passed on their 45% of their ticket allocation. That really is complete and total bollox, not to mention a downright lie.

What about the £700k earned so far from the cup run? The guy is a total sham.

Absolutely he has to be blatantly lying, and he is actually smiling when he say's this.
I will keep faith in my club after all it's a life sentence of support, Brent will be history one day and I will Rejoice. cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2223
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:17 am

So now the big game is over, with a widely reported cup income of £1 million as a result.
Where is the money going?
Last night I heard pundits from Neil Warnock to Mark Lawrenson say that PAFC should be able to kick on and move up the leagues.
Martin Starnes said yesterday on tv the club aim is to get back into the championship.
So where is the money going to make this happen.
Will be interesting to see what Brent and the board do and say over the next couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

avatar

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2012-01-03
Age : 39
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: accc69dd   Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:30 am

I didn't see it but it has been mentioned elsewhere but brent was on the TV and was asked if the money was going on players and the answer was a clear no. If we spend none of this money on players then it will be a total disgrace.  Brent out.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 9889
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:43 am

lawnmowerman wrote:
I didn't see it but it has been mentioned elsewhere but brent was on the TV and was asked if the money was going on players and the answer was a clear no. If we spend none of this money on players then it will be a total disgrace.  Brent out.

We showed tonight this team can get promoted but still needs a few more additions before the window shuts to not only secure it but make our lives alot easier when it comes to injuries, suspensions and lack of form throughout the squad.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

avatar

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2012-01-03
Age : 39
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: accc69dd   Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:57 am

Agreed we need to add a few more bodies to keep up the momentum for the final push.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4456
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 57
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:58 am

Angry wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
I didn't see it but it has been mentioned elsewhere but brent was on the TV and was asked if the money was going on players and the answer was a clear no. If we spend none of this money on players then it will be a total disgrace.  Brent out.

We showed tonight this team can get promoted but still needs a few more additions before the window shuts to not only secure it but make our lives alot easier when it comes to injuries, suspensions and lack of form throughout the squad.

Very weak bench tonight, Adams reduced to sending on a centre back to run around up the pitch. Two genuinely inexperienced apprentices on the bench, which is food for thought for those on here who have been proselytising that Liverpool's line up containing 9 full internationals over the two games constitutes a " kids team with a couple of names included" or whatever the description was. For sure the two new recruits were cup tied but squad numbers can evaporate very quickly and at least two more need to be signed if a repeat of last season is to be avoided.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 1674
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:04 am

lawnmowerman wrote:
I didn't see it but it has been mentioned elsewhere but brent was on the TV and was asked if the money was going on players and the answer was a clear no. If we spend none of this money on players then it will be a total disgrace.  Brent out.

That Shyster at the helm has no intention of laying out any of HIS money from the Liverpool Spin off. That will be squirelled away funding some other feck up he's dealing with.
God the day he leaves along with Pig Pig Pig Pig Pig Pig on his coat tails will be a joyous one. I still harbour dreams of a Euro Millions win taking over Argyle renaming the new Grandstand Rastus Towers and then issuing life time banning orders to Porky plus Wife Snatcher and best of all that Squeaky Barrister from London.....
I'll present that paperwork personally laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2223
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:26 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
I didn't see it but it has been mentioned elsewhere but brent was on the TV and was asked if the money was going on players and the answer was a clear no. If we spend none of this money on players then it will be a total disgrace.  Brent out.

That Shyster at the helm has no intention of laying out any of HIS money from the Liverpool Spin off. That will be squirelled away funding some other feck up he's dealing with.
God the day he leaves along with Pig Pig Pig Pig Pig Pig on his coat tails will be a joyous one. I still harbour dreams of a Euro Millions win taking over Argyle renaming the new Grandstand Rastus Towers and then issuing life time banning orders to Porky plus Wife Snatcher and best of all that Squeaky Barrister from London.....
I'll present that paperwork personally   laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

It's a nice fantasy, I've had similar ones, enjoy the dream.
:pighug:
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1607
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:30 am

Don't know whether this is true, but it's being said elsewhere that Liverpool have waived their right to the income and are letting PAFC keep all receipts - whether from both legs or just the replay, I don't know.

If true, that will be a few more quid that Lord James will be rushing to give to Derek Adams to strengthen the promotion push. Or, he could use it towards keeping the seats on the Mayflower terrace.

Or not, as the case may be.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 9889
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:45 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Don't know whether this is true, but it's being said elsewhere that Liverpool have waived their right to the income and are letting PAFC keep all receipts - whether from both legs or just the replay, I don't know.

If true, that will be a few more quid that Lord James will be rushing to give to Derek Adams to strengthen the promotion push. Or, he could use it towards keeping the seats on the Mayflower terrace.

Or not, as the case may be.

that money will go towards his wine cellar no where near del bhey's team.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 1728
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:30 am

Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Don't know whether this is true, but it's being said elsewhere that Liverpool have waived their right to the income and are letting PAFC keep all receipts - whether from both legs or just the replay, I don't know.

If true, that will be a few more quid that Lord James will be rushing to give to Derek Adams to strengthen the promotion push. Or, he could use it towards keeping the seats on the Mayflower terrace.

Or not, as the case may be.

that money will go towards his wine cellar no where near del bhey's team.
None will go on the team..moneys needed for carpeting the East wing of brent towers during the close season while Del bheys running about trying to organise another team on year contracts.preparing for another assult/try to get out of L2 again... lol
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2223
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:46 am

I wonder if Derek has asked Lord jim where the million quid is going.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 9889
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:54 am

akagreengull wrote:
I wonder if Derek has asked Lord jim where the  million quid is going.

Clutching at very small straws here but if he doesnt get a penny of the unbudgeted Million plus during this window then i hope he has a good share of that plus the budget already thought up for the summer to strengthen the squad for League One football and all it brings should we get there as like it or not Brent you will have to pay more in league one for things.

As i say clutching at straws as Brent isnt bright enough to think like that
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2223
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:07 am

If I were Derek and the owner turns around and say's, sorry but this income is going elsewhere, or more likely gives an answer as clear as mud.
Then I would feck off and find a club with a proper owner.
I think Derek is already in the minds of a few club owners around the country as a managerial target.
There is nothing to suggest Brent has any interest in planning for life in league one, should it happen.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 2372
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 27
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:31 am

How much more does Brent with a silent R want ?
Hes got a nice pay day sell up and piss off
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2223
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:32 pm

On Friday I watched the Brighton v Sheffield Wednesday game on live stream, it really was a great game in the second half, not least for all the fisticuffs and three sendings  off, as a consequence The Seagulls topped the Championship with a good win until yesterday.
Today a little fact came out from Radio five - today marks twenty years from when the Seagulls were twenty minutes away from dropping out of the football league, and now they have a very good chance of promotion to the Premiership being eight points clear of third placed Huddersfield.
So they could join the other two south coast teams Southampton and Bournmouth sharing in the riches of the top flight, and then further westwards along the coast is Plymouth.
If you look at the history of these clubs you can see they have a steady history of investment and good management.
There are no signs at all of how the FA cup money (now generally agreed to be a million pounds) will be spent or invested at argyle, in fact it is not even talked about by the board. To state an obvious thought, it is apparent to most followers of PAFC that we need some decent players coming in now to secure promotion. Unfortunately the chances are slim under the current regime at HP, whether it changes under Hallett as a majority share owner, who knows?
In short the chances of this club reaching the championship is very slim, apart from the lack of ambition emanating from the board, we have an apathetic generally unquestioning fanbase, who even now turn up for bottom basement football believing that is probably the best we can do.
Good luck to Brighton and all there fans, thing is it could be argyle in that position. raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 3761
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:41 pm

Fans of any other club would have brent's head on a spike for starving the playing side of cash following an FA cup windfall, especially at such a crucial time if the season. It's completely unacceptable and questions MUST be asked. Brent must not be allowed to get away with this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   

Back to top Go down
 
The Million Pound Where's it Going?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 'McCanns will lose one million pound libel trial' Judge's inital findings go against couple - Sunday Express
» Maddie: The 10 million pound search - Daily Mirror
» MILLION - MAN PROTEST OVER ANTI-ISLAM FILM
» Body of Maddie 'worth' 1.2 million
» US 13.4 TRILLION DEBT

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: