PatDunne
sufferedsince 68
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

The Million Pound Where's it Going? Empty
PostSubject: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 5:19 pm

The Liverpool cup money and the Curtis Nelson fee, comes to around 1 million pounds i would say, if Brents not going to give any of it to the Managers it begs the question where is it going Jim?

Last edited by sufferedsince 68 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 5:22 pm

One has an ice rink to build somewhere so that one can unlock the huge profit from the boulevard, PAFC money isn't Argyles you know, it's mine - I mean Akkerons...........
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 5:29 pm

PatDunne wrote:
One has an ice rink to build somewhere so that one can unlock the huge profit from the boulevard, PAFC money isn't Argyles you know, it's mine - I mean Akkerons...........
Transparency is what the fans were promised, the manager claims none of the Million will be going on strengthen the squad Hallet, claims the Club will now start going through the gears so who's telling the truth? where will the money be going?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 5:44 pm

Halletts definition of 'going through the gears' probably amounts to upgrading from 9.5mm to 12.5mm plasterboard for the Alleppo-esque Far Post Club refurb.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 5:48 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Halletts definition of 'going through the gears' probably amounts to upgrading from 9.5mm to 12.5mm plasterboard for the Alleppo-esque Far Post Club refurb.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy lol! lol! lol! Geddon green Si! jocolor
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 5:52 pm

Complete fantasy, utter bullshit, this site does my head in at times.

Brent would never fund the longer screws..............
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 6:01 pm

So there it is, just this moment heard Derek on radio Devon. Asked about potential Liverpool money in the transfer market.
Derek replied "as already said, my budget has already been set".
So basically the answer is no, Derek will be out there picking up the "wee nuggets" as somebody used to say.
As usual he did not want to discuss any potential transfer deals, but didn't deny that Nathan was coming our way.
The Brentmare continues folks.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 6:01 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Such a profligate suggestion Czar. Wash your mouth out please.

Surely there are some warped sheets of OSB kicking about in a skip somewhere that would suffice.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 6:04 pm

The new openness and transparency regime at Argyle means that they are perfectly happy to tell you that they're not going to tell you where the money is going.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 6:36 pm

akagreengull wrote:
So there it is, just this moment heard Derek on radio Devon. Asked about potential Liverpool money in the transfer market.
So basically the answer is no, Derek will be out there picking up the "wee nuggets" as somebody used to say.
As usual he did not want to discuss any potential transfer deals, but didn't deny that Nathan was coming our way.
Any Chinese investors out there with Money and ambition? perhaps the Anfield game will put the club in the Spotlight, we can only hope.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 3:51 pm

It is becoming painfully clear with the arrival of a non-league non-scoring striker, and a Southend reserves outcast, that Brent has his eyes firmly on using the £800,000 - £1,000,000 FA Cup/Nelson money not to try and get us promoted. But to spend wholely and solely on the half-arsed Mayflower revamp.

Adams has re-iterated that he doesn't expect any of the huge unbudgeted windfall to be made available for a promotion push.

Remember Peter Jones' first avowed intent? - PLAYERS, NOT PROPERTY.

I wonder how Brents clear-as-day strategy plan sits with him these days.

Tragic times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 4:27 pm

I'm beginning to think the Mayflower "revamp" will be all about property value appreciation and maybe third party facilities and profit centres,  than actually tarting up the football facilities for fans . All will be revealed in Si's artist's impressions.
As for Jones, if it all goes a bit South and the club itself gets ultimately fleeced by Brent, he'll play the previous Stapleton/Wrathall card of being outvoted in the boardroom. "Nuffink to do with me"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 4:53 pm

In terms of what Iddesleigh actually contributes these days, he can't be much further up the hierarchy than Nool. At least Nool is good in a WOR.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 5:02 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Any Chinese investors out there with Money and ambition? perhaps the Anfield game will put the club in the Spotlight, we can only hope.

The Chinese are looking at English clubs, despite the Chinese league being strong.

Who knows, someone might take a shine to Argyle and move in with a bid of sorts.

And tonight's lotto number are - 8 5 37 43 28 11
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
In terms of what Iddesleigh actually contributes these days, he can't be much further up the hierarchy than Nool. At least Nool is good in a WOR.

It would appear that way. Totally anonymous.

Talking of anonymous, Pasoti's 'PhilMeBoots' is possibly the most blatantly obvious Club Official ever. Laughing

Expect what he predicts player-wise to happen. A cursory glance at his post history screams 'PAFC Stooge'
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Where's the clubs million pound going Jimmy? not on the squad thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Talking of anonymous, Pasoti's 'PhilMeBoots' is possibly the most blatantly obvious Club Official ever. Laughing

Expect what he predicts player-wise to happen. A cursory glance at his post history screams 'PAFC Stooge'

And obviously after he reads this, expect his default position and posting 'style' to all of a sudden change. study
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 10:34 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

I'm pretty sure that years ago in the early sixties there was a fee of 100 sheets of corrugated iron paid for by a club for a player. I think the buying club's chairman owned a builders yard.

Dread to think what Brent would accept for Carey if offered something similar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 10:44 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

There's a fair few PAFC stooges on that site, although not all of them realise that's what they are.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 11:25 pm

The Liverpool money needs to be called what it is, the FA Cup money. Money received from the televised Newport game might be insignificant but it all adds up. The Curtis Nelson fee, let's not forget the latest installment of the Mason money, we were told it was paid in installments. The £800k surplus from last season needs to be included.

I make that around £1.5m (being conservative) yet we're shopping in Torquay for a player Del is clearly in no rush to sign. £15000 on a player who Del clearly isn't arsed about. Another Nardiello, love to know the background to that as well. When Barnet spend £140k and immediately take 3 points off the leaders, it's a good indicator.

All I can say is we're watching you Jimmy. We will count every penny and should you fail to get us promoted Jimmy, the noose will tighten. Well maybe. Maybe we'll just think feck it and talk bollox on the farm and just attend once in a while.

FFS, Jones, Wrathall, whoever, prise that cnut's wallet open..
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 8:52 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Where's the clubs million pound going Jimmy? not on the squad thats for sure.

Suffers right into his back pocket thats where its going. Its my money not PAFC
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 11:57 am

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I'm pretty sure that years ago in the early sixties there was a fee of 100 sheets of corrugated iron paid for by a club for a player. I think the buying club's chairman owned a builders yard.

Dread to think what Brent would accept for Carey if offered something similar.

I think it was Tony Cascarino that was once transferred for a squad set of tracksuits. Possibly when Millwall signed him.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 11:59 am

beesrus wrote:
I'm beginning to think the Mayflower "revamp" will be all about property value appreciation and maybe third party facilities and profit centres,  than actually tarting up the football facilities for fans . All will be revealed in Si's artist's impressions.
As for Jones, if it all goes a bit South and the club itself gets ultimately fleeced by Brent, he'll play the previous Stapleton/Wrathall card of being outvoted in the boardroom. "Nuffink to do with me"

It's easy to out-vote his 0 shares.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 12:05 pm

akagreengull wrote:

Brent was interviewed by Sparksy on Radio Devon this morning and Sparksy asked him straight how much of the Anfield money would go to the team.

There followed a waffly, stuttering reply where Brent opined that he salary cap should be lower, that the club was not spending to the cap and will not be in the near future. "It doesn't work like that. Adams needs to tell me how much we need to spend to get to where we want to be and we take it from there" and "when I last spoke to Derek we were yet to play Newport in the replay and so the Anfield money was not on the table to discuss".

I don't know if the show is on Listen Again but if it is then the interview happened just before 0830.

And once again Brent blamed the collapse of HHP on the Bretonside development which drew the restaurant investors to it without hwhom the scheme could not procede. This went unchallenged.

And "despite there already being 2 planning permissions on the site..." (he omitted to say that he allowed both to expire) "... we need to apply for a 3rd."
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 1:52 pm

Doesn't he mean the two current valid Planning Applications from last August for expansion of changing rooms and additional portakabins to facilitate supporters bar? The former became redundant due to soft ground behind stand (stop sniggering at the back) and latter presumably redundant due to old FPC refurb.

Is FPC still to be refurbed or is that now obsolete due to new plans?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Million Pound Where's it Going?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next