akagreengull
Czarcasm
PatDunne
sufferedsince 68
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
beesrus wrote:
I'm beginning to think the Mayflower "revamp" will be all about property value appreciation and maybe third party facilities and profit centres,  than actually tarting up the football facilities for fans . All will be revealed in Si's artist's impressions.
As for Jones, if it all goes a bit South and the club itself gets ultimately fleeced by Brent, he'll play the previous Stapleton/Wrathall card of being outvoted in the boardroom. "Nuffink to do with me"

It's easy to out-vote his 0 shares.

He can vote with his feet, can't he ? He did just that when he had the moral leadership of Michael Foot, and he can do so again off his own bat. His resignation absolved him of blame when the last bunch bombed. A pity Stapleton and Wrathall didn't get their worries out into the wild, rather than bemoaning pseudo NDAs etc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 2:28 pm

beesrus wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
beesrus wrote:
I'm beginning to think the Mayflower "revamp" will be all about property value appreciation and maybe third party facilities and profit centres,  than actually tarting up the football facilities for fans . All will be revealed in Si's artist's impressions.
As for Jones, if it all goes a bit South and the club itself gets ultimately fleeced by Brent, he'll play the previous Stapleton/Wrathall card of being outvoted in the boardroom. "Nuffink to do with me"

It's easy to out-vote his 0 shares.

He can vote with his feet, can't he ? He did just that when he had the moral leadership of Michael Foot, and he can do so again off his own bat. His resignation absolved him of blame when the last bunch bombed. A pity Stapleton and Wrathall didn't get their worries out into the wild, rather than bemoaning pseudo NDAs etc

That and the fact that they, along with Todd were directors of a company called Home Park Properties Limited presumably with an eye to making loads of money off development without it having to go through the pesky football club.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 4:42 pm

Probably cover the remedial works required on horseshoe and upgrading Mayflower side floodlights so that Phase 1 can be set to full beam to meet top broadcast standards.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:39 am

Just this moment heard green Jimmy talking on radio 4 today sports report. He obviously banged on about a great day for the club and Argyle having global exposure etc.
Then he stated the current cup run (quote) "will bring in over a million pounds".
Ok obvious question what the feck will he and Hallett's do with this windfall.
Answers on a postcard please.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:14 am

akagreengull wrote:
Just this moment heard green Jimmy talking on radio 4 today sports report. He obviously banged on about a great day for the club and Argyle having global exposure etc.
Then he stated the current cup run (quote) "will bring in over a million pounds".
Ok obvious question what the feck will he and Hallett's do with this windfall.
One thing foreshore it wont be going on team reinvestment to get us out of dogshit L2 thats pretty much nailed on by reluctant james bent as a nine bob note  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:25 am

One of the likely consequences out of the cup euphoria is that Brent will come out of this with increased credibility.
The eternally grateful are more concerned right now with getting one over on Klopp than thinking about why we have spent six years in league two.
If promotion doesn't happen this season and obviously it's far from being definite than I can see Adams getting the criticism rather than the reluctant bidder.
I  suspect it will be forgotten that Adams is bringing in £15k players.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:34 am

akagreengull wrote:
One of the likely consequences out of the cup euphoria is that Brent will come out of this with increased credibility.
The eternally grateful are more concerned right now with getting one over on Klopp than thinking about why we have spent six years in league two.
If promotion doesn't happen this season and obviously it's far from being definite than I can see Adams getting the criticism rather than the reluctant bidder.
I  suspect it will be forgotten that Adams is bringing in £15k players.

A £15k player lol Brent also said that the cup run money would be spent on facilities and the 1st team. If he doesn't allow Adams to bring in a couple of experienced players of proven ability, we will fail again.
And wtf is Adams on about saying it was one of the best ever defensive performances at Anfield. WE WERE PLAYING THEIR RESERVES !!!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:41 am

I think it's called footballing bullshitting Tring.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:02 pm

That's it, just watched that non investing apology of an owner on BBC spotlight. When asked directly was he going to invest some of the million pound FA cup windfall  on buying players, he laughed - he feckin laughed!
Then said no, "the squad is doing quite well at the  moment, don't think we need new players right now" (quote).
As freathy would say that's it I'm  done with this shit club.
The man is an absolute piss taker and shyster, the eternally grateful deserve what they get.
BRENT OUT
Sulk deadhorse Rant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:20 pm

akagreengull wrote:
That's it, just watched that non investing apology of an owner on BBC spotlight. When asked directly was he going to invest some of the million pound FA cup windfall  on buying players, he laughed - he feckin laughed!
Then said no, "the squad is doing quite well at the  moment, don't think we need new players right now" (quote).
The man is an absolute piss taker and shyster, the eternally grateful deserve what they get.
BRENT OUT
Sulk deadhorse Rant

Why cant the stupid idiots see him for what he is a chancer. All 23 other clubs in this league are as we speak strengthening their squads from head to toe ready for the business end of te season even Doncaster. To say we dont need too is the same bs he spouted for the last 2 january windows and it backfired on us badly.

We do need some more investment in the squad despite us doing well not major work but certainly 2-3 more.
Especially now with Miller out long term as that's Right back weakened with only threlkeld as our only option. the czech bloke can play there but is far better in the middle im told so cover there is needed alone in right back.
We also need another central midfielder as donaldson is out possibly long term and also a winger. perhaps a winger who can double up as a right back or central midfield.
I would also say a striker too as garrita doesnt strike me as the type who can stay fit to lead the promotion charge and blissett wont be able to do it all on his own if he turns out to be a gem or not.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:37 pm

To be honest angry I've lost interest what will be will be. Let the dim janners get on with it.
If they want to be conned by devious business men to draw them in for their money and loyalty so be it.
I won't be.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:46 pm

akagreengull wrote:
BRENT OUT
Sulk deadhorse Rant

I saw that. Unbelievable. One million windfall and the manager doesn't get a single penny to save a collapsing season. No other owner would give a shit response like that get away with it. It's about time brent was forced out of Argo.

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:51 pm

akagreengull wrote:
BRENT OUT
Sulk deadhorse Rant

As well as being a top notch property developer he's become a football expert as well. Don't know why he bothers with Derek Adams, he could clearly manage the team, and pay himself the salary obviously.

It's clear to the most green tinted of Brent followers, the squad needs strengthening, particularly with the injuries, and the money is now there - everyone can see that. If Brent doesn't back the manager this time, there may be serious repercussions for the non-investor.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:55 pm

akagreengull wrote:
BRENT OUT
Sulk deadhorse Rant
Jimmy's, doing quite well at the moment, he could'nt give a fook about the squad its all about the prize, the fans deserve better.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Freathy wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
BRENT OUT
Sulk deadhorse Rant

I saw that.  Unbelievable.  One million windfall and the manager doesn't get a single penny to save a collapsing season. No other owner would give a shit response like that get away with it. It's about time brent was forced out of Argo.

Trouble is the green tinted dimwitted will keep him at argyle because eee saved us.
The arrogance of the man is stunning, if promotion goes tits up the eternally grateful will blame Adams .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:35 pm

It's all like black fly on broad beans. Ants actually grab hold of the aphids, cart them away from their normal habitat and up to the top of the broad bean plant and put them to work. The ants then hang about and wait to farm the residue the aphids produce and take it back to their lair. I often think of Argyle fans when I see this farming process going on.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Freathy wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
BRENT OUT
Sulk deadhorse Rant

I saw that.  Unbelievable.  One million windfall and the manager doesn't get a single penny to save a collapsing season. No other owner would give a shit response like that get away with it. It's about time brent was forced out of Argo.

The problem is that a great many see Brent as the saviour and the chap that saved their club. They would walk over crushed glass just to keep him at the Argyle.

Until that view changes, they and he will carry on blindly stumbling forward.

I am dismayed at what he said on Spotlight, not backing the manager, even with a tiny amount of the FA Cup money, is scandalous.

The last thing I want is for Argyle to implode and flop out of the top three. Memories of last season are still fresh in my mind.

Brent should grow a pair and give Adams some money to make what is left of the season interesting and hopefully see Argyle get automatic promotion.

I have this horrible feeling that Brent would welcome another Play-off Final at Wembley, the £ signs will once again flash before his eyes if that were to be the case.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 8:59 pm

Well we do have an argyle farm.
pig chickendance Sheep
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:09 pm

Tanner & garita go back to there own clubs next week so if jimmy dont thinks we dont need to strenghten his more F@[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] mentel than we thought speccy is..SHOCKING..But the usual suspects bumlickers the green tinted & those that are to blind to see will make there excuses for him..while they blame Del bhey like they did with sheridian every one else is to blame even the tea lady everybody except lord jim ruler of the village idiots himself
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:13 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Tanner & garita go back to there own clubs next week so if jimmy dont thinks we dont need to strenghten his more F@[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] mentel than we thought speccy is..SHOCKING..But the usual suspects bumlickers the green tinted & those that are to blind to see will make there excuses for him..while  they blame Del bhey like they did with sheridian every one else is to blame even the tea lady everybody except lord jim ruler of the village idiots himself

Yep Thumbs
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:18 pm

akagreengull wrote:
pig chickendance Sheep

That's another problem. If anyone on stasoti even raises an anti-Brent comment or quote, they are shouted down and made to feel inadequate. That is not democratic or fair tbh.

The people that control stasoti are cowards and cads because they do not want to converse in a polite manner about the everyday goings on within the club. To them, any resistance against their cushy number is a no-no. They are very happy dishing out threats to individuals or reminding them of what legal action can be taken [sometimes they get that wrong too Exclamation ], is it any wonder more people will not speak out.

The miniscule apology that I received regarding comments I never made was tepid to say the least. I thought the offer of a free beer to be an insult at the time.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:19 pm

akagreengull wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Tanner & garita go back to there own clubs next week so if jimmy dont thinks we dont need to strenghten his more F@[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] mentel than we thought speccy is..SHOCKING..But the usual suspects bumlickers the green tinted & those that are to blind to see will make there excuses for him..while  they blame Del bhey like they did with sheridian every one else is to blame even the tea lady everybody except lord jim ruler of the village idiots himself

Yep Thumbs

Second that !!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Now that the reluctant bidder/owner has now publicly declared that due to the squad "doing quite well at the moment", and the squad does not require any additions "right now".
I was wondering what the ACTUAL manager thought of this statement, and  does Adams actually have any budget left given "the budget has already been set".
scratch
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 2:57 pm

akagreengull wrote:
pig chickendance Sheep

Indeed we do. I don't look on there these days very often, it's an unpleasant place, but had to see for myself when someone said Nool was auctioning Jimmy's ticket for the Liverpool match.

I thought surely not, but it's there. People will actually pay money for a poxy seat ticket handled by Lord James.

Unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 3:11 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
pig chickendance Sheep

Indeed we do. I don't look on there these days very often, it's an unpleasant place, but had to see for myself when someone said Nool was auctioning Jimmy's ticket for the Liverpool match.

I thought surely not, but it's there. People will actually pay money for a poxy seat ticket handled by Lord James.

Unbelievable.

:pighug:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Million Pound Where's it Going?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next