Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE Empty
PostSubject: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 3:31 pm

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=78866
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 3:45 pm

it always was dodgy PD lets face it Jimmy has done a number on the club and its fans while be helped along the way by sheep.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 5:06 pm

anyone who believed such nonsense is a fool
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 8:17 pm

it will be a shiny brand spanking new grandstand bit like Morecombe only bigger,(ask Dougie),matchday corporate,advertising,sponsorship,grandstand ST's,matchday bar takings,fans fests, argyle lounge,far post club re-located,club shop merchandise,PASOTI mugs,restaurants,function rooms,coporate boxes,and then non match day income,conferences,receptions,anniversairies,wedding receptions,restaurant overlooking the pitch,...c'mon guys think outside the box...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 8:30 pm

greensleeves wrote:
it will be a shiny brand spanking new grandstand bit like Morecombe only bigger,(ask Dougie),matchday corporate,advertising,sponsorship,grandstand ST's,matchday bar takings,fans fests, argyle lounge,far post club re-located,club shop merchandise,PASOTI mugs,restaurants,function rooms,coporate boxes,and then non match day income,conferences,receptions,anniversairies,wedding receptions,restaurant overlooking the pitch,...c'mon guys think outside the box...
And you honestly believe all of that will bring in a net profit of £1-2M a year do you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 8:39 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Al - got the message, you've taken the hook, line & sinker!! Just have to wait a couple of years to see if you were right - unfortuneatly this whole episode has taken it's toll on many fans that don't believe!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 8:44 pm

greensleeves wrote:

• I shall be interested how much corporate hospitality will be generated by the club if we continue in our present position
    will there be more advertising than there is now .... a lot more?
    grandstand STs .... will there be more than there is now?
    at present there appears to be confusion/dispute whether fans fests will have a home in the new stand
    I'm not aware that the Far Post will continue to exist
    there appears to be confusion/dispute whether any bar provision will be big enough to do the job
    there already is a club shop - why would a new (smaller) one generate more income
    PASOTI mugs .... hmmm
    restaurants - do you mean the ones in the commercial development? The ones that, as far as we are aware, will generate no income for the club?
    what function rooms?
    you've put "corporate" down twice
    will there be a restaurant overlooking the pitch? There is already.
    I think some of the rest of your list is plain wrong.

The other consideration is that it seems that we now have to generate a further £30,000 in rent going to PCC if they grant the transfer of land from leasehold to freehold in the possession of Akkeron.

You are right: it will be shiny (for a while); it will be brand spanking new (for a while); never having been to Morecambe I can't judge the comparison - I was hoping a comparison could be made with a much bigger club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 8:48 pm

A decent bar facility could also be rented out by the club for functions, not to mention match day income, no profit for JB so no bar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 8:51 pm

A sports bar would make money IF used well ie used similar to walkabout but not as rough or chavvy and it caters to all sports not just football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 8:54 pm

I think expanding the pasoti mug range could be a winner, nooligan sat next to jimmy mug, nooly meets the chuckle bros mug, nooly saves argyle mug, the nooly chariteee mug, the nooly mural mug  and so on, in fact an entire pasoti conehead collection set could be arranged with all our favs like ma bucket rattler, x throbber, the aviator, all the sooperfans, with the money made this time next season we could be in for gazza bale!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 9:59 am

greensleeves wrote:
I usually enjoy posters who don't share the same views as me on a lot of things and read them to try and understand why my opposition to their views is as strong as it is, but with Greensleeves/Oddball/Al I just get really angry reading what the tw@t has to say.

I don't know him from Adam but was told all about him by his good pal Ian Newell who called him a scrounging bastard who stinks of piss, yet Greensleeves loves Newell/Pasoti and everything that goes along with it like spending hours with other likeminded lunatics on coaches heading for grim northern shitholes.

Not all of them annoy like Greensleeves does, but he's so pro-Brent, pro-Newell, pro-the minstand that it makes me wonder if he's had a lobotomy carried out by Su Pollard.

Greensleeves, I was reading a Pasoti thread two days ago when James Brent was first mentioned as a prospective owner for Argyle and you went mental! You called him a greedy bastard just after the land if I recall correctly and didn't want him anywhere near the club. Fast forward a week or two and as long as Nool and the gang say he's the man you're joining in praising him for saving the club.

Grow a pair you sap. Newell spread all those malicious stories about you to me, someone he had met once and had one telephone call with so who else do you think amongst your fellow fans have been told the same thing? I'm surprised that Rick n Dave haven't made you a character in their stage show at fanfests. I don't understand how you can creep to a guy like Newell knowing he spouts off about you to everyone with tales of your new car and you still scrounging free tickets to games and corporate events at the club. Or how he passed your house and felt so sorry for you because you were a sad case and he knew you had no friends.

The bloody ministand isn't going to generate anywhere near the amount of money Brent, who you didn't want near the club because he was out to get whatever he could and not help the club at all, says it will. There isn't going to be a far post club 2 raking in the ordinary fans cash, read Graham Clark or Stuart C's posts on your beloved Pasoti, there isn't a planned venue for fanfests ffs.

And you appear to be the only person dazzled by Morecambes set up Al. Piss pot Morecambe is what you aspire to? No feckin wonder Newell loves plebs like you he can weave his web of deceit to and you take it in hook line and sinker.

Al, I'm sorry for being so harsh but SHUT THE feck UP. You're wrong, except you were right originally, Brent is only after one thing.

And stop thinking that Newell and his friends like you. They are taking the piss out of you behind your back so stop giving them more ammunition for Christs sake.

Jesus wept scratch 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 11:40 am

as understated as ever lol!
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 11:49 am

Jock...get it off your chest,dont mess about.pity there were no pictures from Morecombe,I think you might have exploded with rage.

Last edited by greensleeves on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 11:52 am

Is Greensleeves known as Drake on Exeweb?
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 11:54 am

Dont think so,probably Roger.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 12:56 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Is Greensleeves known as Drake on Exeweb?
There's a Drake on Exeweb? It's nothing to do with me but it is nice to know I have a tribute act.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 1:02 pm

Wouldn't have bothered me seeing photos I know what all the cnuts look like already.

I expect you would've been snapped fetching all the drinks for the important ones though. Fuckin tool
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 1:07 pm

I say old chap that's a bit strong.

I promise not to mention Exeweb again.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 2:44 pm

You boys still at it then.

FFS get the emotion out of the way when you are talking about this issue, how much do you think that ramshackle pile of shiite the Mayflower brings in a season?

For what will be a 7 to 10 million pound investment you will be getting a valuable new asset to your club which should bring in far more cash than the tip it replaces at a renvenue cost of just £30k pa. Bearing in mind that by far the biggest cost to the football club is the playing staff and coaches, which are not attributable as a direct cost to Brent's Bear Pit, then I can see no difficulty in him producing a set of figures to show that the 4 thousand punters who squeeze into the BBP every other week have generated a 'profit' in excess of a bar, if he can't then I am available to do the sums for him on the back of the nearest jettisoned fag packet.

To keep the average Aviva onside he would only have to produce the simple math, questions of oportunity cost and revenues repositioned are the domain of those who have no influence.

Consider also the path not taken, er, not the one where a white knight came riding down off the moors on a pony and you were now on the cusp of the Prem playing in front of 17k, but that which would have had you entertaining St.Blazey.

Get real guys, things could be an awful lot worse, for one thing City could still be Devon's top side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 8:49 pm

Don't forget the rent to the council.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 8:49 pm

And the debt repayments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 8:50 pm

And the fact we have no bar for fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 8:51 pm

And your best players Gow and he's a cnut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 8:52 pm

He only shines in your team because the rest of its so shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE   1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE Empty

Back to top Go down

1-2 million a year yet another big feckin LIE
Page 1 of 1