PatDunne
sufferedsince 68
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
pepsipete

pepsipete

The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 7:34 pm

After you Freathy
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 10:40 pm

akagreengull wrote:
If I were Derek and the owner turns around and say's, sorry but this income is going elsewhere, or more likely gives an answer as clear as mud.
Then I would feck off and find a club with a proper owner.
I think Derek is already in the minds of a few club owners around the country as a managerial target.
There is nothing to  suggest Brent has any interest in planning for life in league one, should it happen.

Maybe.

One would hope that Jimmy is planning for League One, regardless.

I think this team could hold their own in L1, with a new recruit or two ?. It will be tough, granted.

I can't hack yet another bloody season in League Two, I will throw myself off the Tamar Bridge. There is only so much Barnet at home/Stevenage at home/Crawley at home you can take.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 10:52 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
If I were Derek and the owner turns around and say's, sorry but this income is going elsewhere, or more likely gives an answer as clear as mud.
I think Derek is already in the minds of a few club owners around the country as a managerial target.
There is nothing to  suggest Brent has any interest in planning for life in league one, should it happen.

Maybe.

I think this team could hold their own in L1, with a new recruit or two ?. It will be tough, granted.

I can't hack yet another bloody season in League Two, I will throw myself off the Tamar Bridge. There is only so much Barnet at home/Stevenage at home/Crawley at home you can take.

You forgot, Morecombe, Accrington Stanley and Newport.
laugh

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 1:10 pm

akagreengull wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Maybe.

You forgot, Morecombe, Accrington Stanley and Newport.
laugh

Thumbs

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 1:28 pm

If this vast amount of money is going towards the refurbishment of the Grandstand and other building work, with it being suggested that the all work is to take 4/5 years, it is safe to say that Adams (manager for now) will still receive a low budget, whether that be for a League One campaign or a League Two campaign.

Once the Grandstand is completed and up and running, the manager should (in theory) then get more money to build his side, whether that is in League One or League Two.

I know which one I would prefer: Argyle to be in League One while this work is on-going, rather than League Two.

I could handle Argyle struggling in League One for a 3/4 years, but once that Grandstand is finished, I would want the club to say that the time for an increased playing budget was well over-due.

Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 4:13 pm

So two players sourced from Aberdeen and Bristol City left to be replaced by two from Southend and Torquay.

Better be some movement before window slams shut
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm

Disgraceful, scandalous, pathetic....as expected. That sums up brent's effort this transfer window.

Wheres's the money gone brent?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 10:32 pm

Freathy wrote:
Disgraceful, scandalous, pathetic....as expected.  That sums up brent's effort this transfer window.

What kind of a question is that? Mr Brent is doing a very good job, putting the club on a sound financial footing.
laugh
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 3:08 pm

Freathy wrote:
Disgraceful, scandalous, pathetic....as expected.  That sums up brent's effort this transfer window.

Your "where's the money gone" question made we think this would be a great chant at HP, although can't imagine the superluke brigade will have the balls to sing it.

to the tune of chirpy chirpy cheep cheep!

Brent, wheeres your moneee gone, where's the money gone.

If you watch the utterly shite Pussycat video on YouTube, you will notice the opening line is Where's your mamma gone, just substitute money for mamma and there you have it.
Feck me I really do have too much time on my hands! Rock
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 6:48 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Your "where's the money gone" question made we think this would be a great chant at HP, although can't imagine the superluke brigade will have the balls to sing it.

If you watch the utterly shite Pussycat video on YouTube, you will notice the opening line is Where's your mamma gone, just substitute money for mamma and there you have it.
Pussycat ..didnt they do that one as well mississippi 
I to mite have to much time on my hands  lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:31 pm

RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Freathy wrote:

They did mate, but just as shit the only advantage of watching this crap is that the lead singer was very attractive indeed in the age of hot pants, nuff said. Aanyway need to get on and practice my new chant. geek
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:40 pm

RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep was by Middle of the Road
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:57 pm

As if being reminded of Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep (which is now in my head thank you very much) was bad enough, the £1m is now nearer the £2m mark following the Hourihane transfer to Villa.

Surely someone in the media somewhere can the ask the question?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 8:18 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
As if being reminded of Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep (which is now in my head thank you very much) was bad enough, the £1m is now nearer the £2m mark following the Hourihane transfer to Villa.

Surely someone in the media somewhere can the ask the question?

Sorry about the shit music link but think it would be a great chant , anyway seriously yes don't think for a minute Brent should get away with this, can't imagine Chris Errington will be asking awkward questions. laugh
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 10:26 am

See Hourihane goes to Villa thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 11:42 am

Is anyone shocked?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 11:55 am

No
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 7:21 pm

Thought it was an opportune time to revive this relevant thread so - where's the money gone Brent?
Any chance of any squad investment this season Mr Brent?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 7:38 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Thought it was an opportune time to revive this relevant thread so - where's the money gone Brent?

We all want to know where the money has gone. It has a deja vu feel about it.

Adams has again bemoaned his budget by all accounts and fair play to him, expose the Board for what they are or what they may be achieving to be. You can't use an "improved League Two budget" in League One.

I am annoyed that no signings were made during deadline day. Although I did read elsewhere that if a player has been released by his club and is a free, then another club can sign that player after deadline day.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 7:53 pm

akagreengull wrote:
As i said in another thread greengull the only way were ever know for sure  where its all gone is if we ever go back in admin  and what his got to come/creamed off from the club...but heres a start 150k loan to the pavillions for jimmys & martys ticket wheeze plus what ever he owes the GTs..must still owe them a few bob hence jimmys outburst &rant to Ricklers question which we didnt get a answer to..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 8:06 pm

No matter how tight Mr Brent is, I think it's obvious it's time to invest a little to shore-up our chances of sustaining a relatively successful League 1 campaign, if not successful, survival!

Unfortunately, Mr Brent is so tight, if you stuck a lump of coal up his arse, in two weeks you'd have diamond.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 4:53 pm

Brent, just sell up!!!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 5:00 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Brent, just sell up!!!

Aah yes but to who, Silent Si?
albino
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 5:14 pm

akagreengull wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Brent, just sell up!!!

Aah yes but to who, Silent Si?
albino
Not Si the Submarine, anyone not tainted by the stench of failure coming out of Homepark, time for Si to take another forty year break,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Million Pound Where's it Going?   The Million Pound Where's it Going? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Million Pound Where's it Going?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5