Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bringing on back the good times...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Bringing on back the good times... Empty
PostSubject: Bringing on back the good times...   Bringing on back the good times... EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:54 pm

While there are plenty of topics out there about worst and best players we have ever had, time to put one out for the best goals we have scored in the past?

There are so many to pick from, Mackie scored a wonder strike against Reading one season, that Kari Arnason goal at MK Dons, Chris Clark's incredible chip against Exeter, Luke Daley's bending effort against Exeter.

But this one has to beat them all
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bringing on back the good times...   Bringing on back the good times... EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:04 pm

My first goes back to a time when I was your age Cobi. I can't remember who it was against but it involved a series of one two's between the old favorites Mariner and Rafferty with Mariner slotting the ball home.

My second would have to be Triggers indirect free kick when he played it off the keeper. It may not have been spectacularly breathtaking but it was the quickest thinking I have ever seen any footballer make, I still can't believe that Evans was responsible!

Does it have to be Argyle? - The third would have to be Derek Dougan's goal for Wolves when he thumped the ball into the net from the halfway line. If you think Wotton has a quick boot then you didn't see Dougan!
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Bringing on back the good times...   Bringing on back the good times... EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:09 pm

Nardello's goal was sweet Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bringing on back the good times...   Bringing on back the good times... EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:13 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Nardello's goal was sweet Very Happy

I would actually call that poor defending Wink

And also BWP's little chip and cheeky celebration was sweet Wink
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Bringing on back the good times...   Bringing on back the good times... EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:16 pm

The luckiest goal i've seen at Home Park.Was fallon's against Forest,Morgan hoofed it it hit fallon on his arse and went in.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Bringing on back the good times...   Bringing on back the good times... EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:32 pm

I remember Gordon Nisbett scoring a 35-40 yarder but can't remember who against.

The 2 goals scored at Bournemouth in the Div 2 (league 1) championship year were great (but wind assisted)- I got drenched that game and had to drive home in my underpants!

Trigger also scored a couple of memorable goals- the backheel against Wycombe and the quick freekick (from a backpass) which he hit against the keeper (Swindon?).

Connolly also scored a great 30 yard lob- unfortunately it was against us in a 3-3 draw with Brighton.

Stonebridge's header (from a superb Buster cross) in the 3-2 win at Sid James was a good goal as it was near the end, and also Marino's chip (and McCarthy's sending off) in the 3-0 win against city at Home Park (sorry distant memories now No )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bringing on back the good times...   Bringing on back the good times... EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Chris Clarks was hardly incredible, cobi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bringing on back the good times...   Bringing on back the good times... EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:11 pm

The goal that sticks in my mind is back in the Tony Waiters era against Blackburn Rovers when Blackburn scored against the run of play, from the restart the crowd started chanting “In the net” over and over and within a couple of minutes Argyle scored, not sure who's boot it was but in my opinion the crowd scored it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bringing on back the good times...   Bringing on back the good times... Empty

Back to top Go down

Bringing on back the good times...
Page 1 of 1