HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Times Running out!!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
125+1

125+1

Times Running out!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:50 am

Well halfway into the season, bottom of the league, only minimal signs of improvement, if changes are gonna be made they need to be made this week.

Ive given fletcher a chance as i know it takes time to change things around, but fletcher has had alot of games to do this, and although we seem harder to beat and are losing less, to many draws is going to be our ultimate downfall, and also the lack ability hold on to a lead.

Our lack of discipline is also a worry, although this seems to be carrying on from the Reid days.

Brent may not know alot about football, but it is the same as business, if things are not going well you make changes.

Brent needs to act now and a few things need to happen

1. Fletcher needs to be relieved of his manager role.

2. New manger installed with experiance of L1/L2

3. 5-6 players brought in.

Its harsh but time is running out, act now before its to late
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:55 am

125+1 wrote:
Well halfway into the season, bottom of the league, only minimal signs of improvement, if changes are gonna be made they need to be made this week.

Ive given fletcher a chance as i know it takes time to change things around, but fletcher has had alot of games to do this, and although we seem harder to beat and are losing less, to many draws is going to be our ultimate downfall, and also the lack ability hold on to a lead.

Our lack of discipline is also a worry, although this seems to be carrying on from the Reid days.

Brent may not know alot about football, but it is the same as business, if things are not going well you make changes.

You and Freathy. Two peas in a pod.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:56 am

Blimey 125, are you jumping ship ?
Right, I'll go get a line and some dry clothing lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:57 am

Czarcasm wrote:
125+1 wrote:

You and Freathy. Two peas in a pod.

lol!
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:04 am

penzancepirate wrote:

Jumping ship!

Always on the same ship, but posting negative comments, like Argyle hammered again, after they lose 2-1 isnt really my thing.

Im a realist PP things take time to change, but when its not working, you need to have a set of balls and do whats needed.

But my posts will not turn around to posting "Argyle shit again", "Worst team in FL History" and predict a 5-0 hammering every week
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:07 am

125+1 wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

Jumping ship!

Always on the same ship, but posting negative comments, like Argyle hammered again, after they lose 2-1 isnt really my thing.

Im a realist PP things take time to change, but when its not working, you need to have a set of balls and do whats needed.

But my posts will not turn around to posting "Argyle shit again", "Worst team in FL History" and predict a 5-0 hammering every week

Just for the record Frank forecast that we would WIN 5 - 0 yesterday. Lost all faith in him..... Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 am

Argyle where shit again yesterday flower
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:10 am

125+1 wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

Jumping ship!

It's Freathy's way of trying to shake Aviva boys out of complacency.

Would 3 successive relegations not be sufficient to actually listen to him and read between the lines ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:11 am

Argyle have been shit for the last 3/4 seasons Sad

Just because some people say it out loud doesn't make us lesser fans, it makes us realists.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:15 am

Yea Man wrote:

Just because some people say it out loud doesn't make us lesser fans, it makes us realists.

Apart from 6 good years Argyle have been a lower league side for the lasy 20 years so whats all the fuss, everyone should be used to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:17 am

125+1 wrote:

I actually agree with that. If it is less than 5 players, which it will be, those that are brought in must be correspondingly better. 300 to 500K extra WILL do it in this league. If Captain Sensible is looking, let's call it .....uuummmm ... ermmm .... I kow ... an investment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:21 am

As Argyle stand now I wonder what the overheads per month are? And given the fact that there are crowds of 6000+ are they making money, what is the break even figure?

Is someone thinking even if we drop into the bsp we will make money? If I could make money without any kind of team strengthening then I would be tempted.

Just a thought
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:26 am

125+1 wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Apart from 6 good years Argyle have been a lower league side for the lasy 20 years so whats all the fuss, everyone should be used to it.

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:28 am

A lot of panic over nothing. Brent's a Super Dooper Argyle fan (one above Superfan), he'll get us outta the shyte. Once he's built the student accommodation hotel he'll get us back into the FL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:33 am

GOB wrote:
A lot of panic over nothing. Brent's a Super Dooper Argyle fan (one above Superfan), he'll get us outta the shyte. Once he's built the student accommodation hotel he'll get us back into the FL.

Or maybe his plan IS for us to go down...cheaper land.....cheaper stadium.....cheaper players.....less wages.....MORE £££££'s PROFIT????

Or am I being cynical?

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:35 am

Tringreen wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

lol!

As from next season 125 we can only dream of being a lower league side. Argyle saved? I don't think so. Trust in stapes brent and enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:37 am

Well there must have been an emergency "board" video conference overnight and apparently it's all Toddy's fault, with some blame laid at Suroys door as well. Because of their signing of crappy high wage players (like Walton and Fletcher, I guess) we now can't sign players because of the wage cap.

Always good to get your excuses for failing in early I find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:38 am

It's always been the case, and even more so when there's property to be built.
The most profit to be had has always been challenging at the top of L1, and getting promoted and then not investing. ask Stapes.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:40 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Well there must have been an emergency "board" video conference overnight and apparently it's all Toddy's fault, with some blame laid at Suroys door as well. Because of their signing of crappy high wage players (like Walton and Fletcher, I guess) we now can't sign players because of the wage cap.

Bad form to quote your own post I know, but I can hear Ian Newell's teeth grinding from here and he is correct to a great extent. BUT we'd don't need excuses at this stage...we need solutions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:42 am

Pressure needs to be applied so that no development is allowed unless Argyle are a FL club.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:43 am

Excuses are much cheaper than solutions though. Apparently there's a 'plan' for the conference - so that's OK then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:45 am

Well, there's always the past to blame when you're in a tight spot and there's good dinning to be done.
I blame the League of Nations myself.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:45 am

GOB wrote:
Pressure needs to be applied so that no development is allowed unless Argyle are a FL club.

the president and the super fans won't want to upset brent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:01 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:

lol! lol!

I've just popped over and had a look.

Quote :
However the football leagues sensible capping rules, are working against us in our scenario

Newell's into firefighting mode. He's a cheeky boy. Mind you, it won't take much to dampen any revolution over there these days since the great cleansing.
I thought they had a contingency plan. Should have gone for the conspiracy option. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Times Running out!!!!!!   Times Running out!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Times Running out!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1