Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)

Go down 
+3
Cornish Chris
PatDunne
Sir Francis Drake
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) Empty
PostSubject: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 6:20 pm

It looks like the Brent/council love-in is over. Brent's dummy is all fluffy as a result of the Bretonside project and PCC is hacked off at his failure to deliver any of the various topics bunged his way.

To such an extent that everything HHP/Grandstand is stymied. The project has nowhere left to go.

The longer term implications are anybody's guess right now.

Could well be that Chris Webb is about to head off into the sunset to pastures new, too, as a career opportunity opens up for him in The Smoke.

I can only hope that his current hairy problem is resolved soon and doesn't stop him from going and I am sure that we all hope he succeeds in his new venture.

Does anybody know anyone who wants to buy a football club?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Brent HAS delivered plenty (into his pension fund).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 7:18 pm

Why was the other one deleted?
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 7:22 pm

I'd imagine there's a certain very worried Cheerleader out there. He pretty much staked it all on the Reluctant One being a success didn't he?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 8:59 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
I'd imagine there's a certain very worried Cheerleader out there. He pretty much staked it all on the Reluctant One being a success didn't he?

I can't decide whether you mean 'The' bearded one or TE?, both as bad as each other and neither should be allowed anywhere near the club ever again once this nightmare is over.

Now who wants to buy a club (still) £millions in debt aside from some chancer in the know?
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 9:15 pm

Has anybody noticed that Brent has been given the land at HHP free of charge and that it now makes little difference to him that Argyle Survive or that HHP goes ahead ?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 9:46 pm

Old Timer wrote:
Has anybody noticed that Brent has been given the land at HHP free of charge and that it now makes little difference to him that Argyle Survive or that HHP goes ahead ?

Surely he 'legally' paid for it? Which money he used to legally pay for it is of course a different matter.

Brent won't want to lose his loans to the club. In that context it won't make sense to sell the club to anyone other than a like-minded shark.

So what next?
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 10:04 pm

Has he really paid for it ?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 10:07 pm

I'm suggesting he paid legally, do you know different? Admittedly I have no idea on what terms etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 11:38 pm

Does Brent earn a wage from his 'work' at Argyle. That's the question everyone should be asking
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 11:42 pm

Not just Brent but the other directors, they'll all need removing which would involve a pay-off?

If I was Wrathall, and I really cared about Argyle...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 12:14 am

The trust should be all over this, Rather than flogging poppies.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 5:28 am

I, I, I ,I, just, just, just, heard the man in ebullient mood on GOS , stating there would be a big announcement on the grandstand in the next week or two.

According to him, the ministand and all the fantastic income created through it, will enable the club to be an established Championship side.

There is no such thing as an established Championship club without very wealthy owners, and/ or a fairly recent top flight grown fanbase. Anything less than an impressively finished stadium will not attract the latent fanbase to buy in, as it has at other clubs of similar history and potential.
One look at the clientele at the Avivafests, tells one all that is needed to know concerning the current demograhic.

Outsiders and educated w@nkers not welcome, required or interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 10:01 am

Sparksey interviewed to nauseating dweeb (sorry Knecht can't help myself) yesterday and he came out with the same tired old lines we've been hearing for the last three years, Sparksey is now tweeting that important news regarding the grandstand to be announced this week,
Mañana.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 11:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Grandstand news in a week or two:lol2:
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 11:56 am

Grandstand news?

What might it be: the commercial partners needed for HHP have not signed up and so that development will not fund it; Brent's relationship with PCC is at an all-time low and with an election looming lots of councillor ringpieces are getting very twitchy and many arses are making many buttons right the way through all of the various parties' structures - there'll be no help from that direction; Brent quite obviously will never consider spending his own money.

What's left?

No reputable lender will loan a football club that sort of money so if there is to be a new grandstand there will have to be a major shift in the ownership of the club (and we all know how much Brent likes sharing real power and influence) and if there isn't expect some sort of re-furb.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Look it's all very well us plebs moaning on and on but Mr Brent is very busy 'saving' the University right now. Any free time he does get he has to put to use topping up his pension, can't you just enjoy the football especially the superb three players signed in midfield *

* He obviously paid good money to sign them didn't he, I mean having all three on loan would be silly........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Grandstand news will be an even smaller stand i bet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)   Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind) Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting times ahead (and... er... behind)
Page 1 of 1