Times up for Team Clueless

Go down 
+2
akagreengull
Freathy
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Times up for Team Clueless Empty
PostSubject: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:11 pm

He is not good enough to be manager of argyle never as been never will be, he can shove his so called passing football give me winning football anyday,! brent will be playing with our league status if he keep him any longer thats how bad i think it will get, people say it will cost money to sack him it will cost more when homepark is empty and its just the poor sods who bought season ticket left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:20 pm

Sounds like Fletcher should have thrown the towel in to save his side from taking anymore punishment.........where we just lucky to win back to back games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Look who we beat ZYPH, aldershot barnet and rochdale any half decent team will beat argyle, when the loan players leave we will be even weaker, pre season for me showed what it was going to be this season, crap!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Looks like Cheltenham wasn't just a blip, back to normal we go.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Carl the clueless has infected this club with his incompetence for way to long now. Enough of this sick joke! Get rid of this idiot now.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:03 am

The stats don't lie 39% poccession 1 shot on target, must of been shit because even Fletcher said "we were poor in poccession". Ah well as long as we don't get relegated and Brent's investments stay safe, feck the fans what do they know!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:17 am

Sounds like Fletcher is blaming his team for lack of quality.......what comes to mind.....something about a kettle and a pan and black.....just can't quite remember how the saying goes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:18 pm

The Wins against the mighty Barnet and Rochdale look to be as good as it will get for us this season.
Our league position is truly laughable for a club of our size.
Fletcher must go ........Now
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:21 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

When are you boys going to lose this big club mentality ? As an unbiased observer I would have to say you are looking in better fettle than you did at this time last season, you are still stymied by the football debts the previous regime left you with yet you keep on bitching as if the crew you have now are to blame for everything. Ok so Brent is going to make a nice few quid from the land he has nicked and you have that two faced fat feck smiling down and lording it over you from the directors box, gotta be hard to take, but, you have two thirds of a nice stadium, boring all seat and plastic, green plastic at that, not mention that at some point soon Brent will finish it off as part of his money making scheme, that is a far better deal than we poor souls up the road have got. Plenty of the numpties still prepared to stand up and blather on about owning the club, but nobody concerned with even a tenth of the acumen to get things done that Brent has got.

You owe your clueless crew time, they are doing better both on and off the field than you deserve, by all rights you should be playing on a park pitch in the East Cornwall Sunday League, so STFU and show a little backbone, we were over 80 league places behind you at one point, we stuck in there and had the great pleasure of passing then playing a full league above you for a season, it was a brief sojourn but any of us with a brain can see you you have so much more going for you than we shall ever have, even while we were battling on the cusp of the Championship our management were already looking forward to getting back into their comfort zone. Yyou have a realistic owner who is backing a management team, forget all that old bollocks about gifted managers, there aren't very many of them around, we certainly haven't got one. Managing a successful football club is about doing it for long enough until a few decent players fall into your lap, when they do you will have every chance to push on to far better things, be grateful for that and FFS stop whining.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:35 pm

Seems to me your namesake needs to move on as well.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:45 pm

We're quite fortunate on ATD, because we have a few regular Exeter fans who fit in, have a bit of banter, and largely actually get on quite well with each other.

And then there's you. Virtually everything you post has an air of bitterness about it.

It isn't a 'big club mentality', to be pissed off about being in the lower reaches of division four, you f*ckwit.

It's natural territory for you, but for us , upper League 1/lower Championship is where we've spent most of our time. So if we want to whinge, we f*cking well will, you throbber.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:04 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

When are you boys going to lose this big club mentality ? As an unbiased observer I would have to say you are looking in better fettle than you did at this time last season, you are still stymied by the football debts the previous regime left you with yet you keep on bitching as if the crew you have now are to blame for everything. Ok so Brent is going to make a nice few quid from the land he has nicked and you have that two faced fat feck smiling down and lording it over you from the directors box, gotta be hard to take, but, you have two thirds of a nice stadium, boring all seat and plastic, green plastic at that, not mention that at some point soon Brent will finish it off as part of his money making scheme, that is a far better deal than we poor souls up the road have got. Plenty of the numpties still prepared to stand up and blather on about owning the club, but nobody concerned with even a tenth of the acumen to get things done that Brent has got.

You owe your clueless crew time, they are doing better both on and off the field than you deserve, by all rights you should be playing on a park pitch in the East Cornwall Sunday League, so STFU and show a little backbone, we were over 80 league places behind you at one point, we stuck in there and had the great pleasure of passing then playing a full league above you for a season, it was a brief sojourn but any of us with a brain can see you you have so much more going for you than we shall ever have, even while we were battling on the cusp of the Championship our management were already looking forward to getting back into their comfort zone. Yyou have a realistic owner who is backing a management team, forget all that old bollocks about gifted managers, there aren't very many of them around, we certainly haven't got one. Managing a successful football club is about doing it for long enough until a few decent players fall into your lap, when they do you will have every chance to push on to far better things, be grateful for that and FFS stop whining.
No body appreciiates a lecture from a exeter aviva Lord Tugger, i think the exeter fans who post on here are good, but you reminded me that most exeter fans are wankers jocolor tell me exeter have been bust twice, so what sort of league should you be playing in? you are a small town crap outfit with no fans i dont want argyle to be the same sorry sweetie cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:25 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

When are you boys going to lose this big club mentality ?

I read that bit and stopped.

Why do you think we have the big club mentality?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:53 pm

GOB wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

When are you boys going to lose this big club mentality ?

I read that bit and stopped.

Why do you think we have the big club mentality?

I thought the "Our league position is truly laughable for a club of our size" was a bit of a give away, clearly not a big enough hint for some.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:54 pm

Yeah but why do you think that we think, like that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:26 pm

Because it is natural for pretty much all fans everywhere to think their club is bigger than it actually is.

To some degree I agree with you Lord Tisdale. We are as big as we are and our league position and no more. It isn't the current set ups fault we are here it is the fault of the previous set up. Not sure that Fletcher is the man to make things happen in the future but he is the manager and there is feck all any on here can do about it. Not sure Brent is the right man in the Boardroom but he is there and again there is feck all any on here can do about that either. Whatever we have been historically is irrelevant to today as with any club. The wheels came off and we ended up in the pit lane. We now have to get back onto the track somehow and start again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 4:05 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Because it is natural for pretty much all fans everywhere to think their club is bigger than it actually is.

Is it ?
I would have thought it was quite the opposite.... well, unless you're talking about naive teenagers.
As for the old " there's nothing you can do about it, but support the man in charge" ... that just sounds like an Armed forces mantra to me, not that of a fully functioning adult with self esteem and belief.
We're no Sunderland, that's for sure, but we sure as heck ain't Torquay either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:00 pm

As a fully functioning adult with self esteem......I have hope that things will improve for Argyle and I am sure that this club is bigger than it actually is at present.

History has shown that this club has spent all of it's life until the 1990's in tier 2 or 3 of the Football League, if people feel that that is above their expectations than don't wish too hard because you might get your wish,so don't settle for what is becoming the norm and say it's better than no club at all.

Plymouth is now the biggest City in England that has never played at the highest level....there are many smaller Clubs that have achieved that goal.....but many people are starting to accept tier 4 football....wake up and lift your hopes and expect more.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:04 pm

akagreengull wrote:
The stats don't lie 39% poccession 1 shot on target, must of been shit because even Fletcher said "we were poor in poccession". Ah well as long as we don't get relegated and Brent's investments stay safe, feck the fans what do they know!

What that statistic and the last couple of results shows us is that we are low on numbers when it comes to genuine quality first team players. The squad has been stretched by us having to play Tues/Sat/Tues/Sat since the end of September with only 1 Tuesday off. It's not the most concentrated run of games ever but it is enough for the little knocks to mount up (Purse) and the suspensions to kick in (Hourihane, Berry) which limit the team selection. Add to that the currently preferred 4-5-1 formation and the pressures on those not named Feeney, Chadwick, Griffiths or Madjo continue to grow. No shots, no possession and no points yesterday is as sure a sign of tiredness in the team and inexperience in the manager as it is of of cluelessness anywhere else. (A sure sign that Fletcher is scraping the bottom of the team selection barrel is the inclusion in the team of Joe Lennox because as soon as any other option at all presents itself Lennox is left out.)
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 7:13 pm

Yes in my opinion it is Penzance and no I'm not a naive teenager.

I never said anything about liking where we are nor being accepting of everything the current set up does. At least I can't find that being said in what I wrote previously. But the choice I have is to continue to go watch and support the Team or stay away. That's it because I sure as hell don't have any other influence in what does or doesn't happen. If you think you do then off you trott and show them the error of their ways and the way to go.

We are 18th in league 2. That is exactly how big we currently are. We are the lowest placed league club in Devon. That is exactly how big we are locally. We have a greater potential perhaps but that's another argument.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 8:05 am

Fan power can drive bad owners from clubs if there's enough of a co-ordinated and sustained campaign. But Argyle fans seem to have no anger or motivation - unless perhaps there's some personal advancement involved Suspect . They're mostly like SG who will pay to watch any old shit and say "stop yer moanin' we are where we are and at least we still got a club to support" while the owner gets away with murder.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:02 am

Freathy wrote:
Fan power can drive bad owners from clubs if there's enough of a co-ordinated and sustained campaign. But Argyle fans seem to have no anger or motivation - unless perhaps there's some personal advancement involved Suspect . They're mostly like SG who will pay to watch any old shit and say "stop yer moanin' we are where we are and at least we still got a club to support" while the owner gets away with murder.

I'm sure we had this very argument a while back.Supporters can indeed influence decision making at clubs-remember the campaigns against Swales at Manchester City,Chase at Norwich,Lowe at Southampton etc.These issues are not confined to owners either-there have been scores of managers sacked over the years as a result of fan action.As you say,there seems to be an almost sheep like acceptance of anything thats thrown our way-i can remember very few instances of dissent at Argyle,the McCauley Out campaign being a rare exception and that was pretty mild in comparison to other examples.Maybe something in the water as Tring would say,or maybe a sedative in Sensy's half time Becks. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:09 pm

Didn't say stop your moaning either and it is the way of supporters to do exactly that and pretty much always has been. I go to football because I enjoy the day. I go for a beer after and that is all part of it. I've said this numerous times but it seems to come across as "I'll accept any old shit thrown my way". I don't get what bit of what I actually say you don't get.

The clubs you quote Freathy have a slightly higher following than Argyle. If 20% as a plucked figure of any of those clubs did a protest it would be the size of our entire crowd. It doesn't mean however that everyone thinks all is well with the Argyle world and that you warriors on here are the sole voice of dissent. Some of you have chosen not to attend. The outcome of that is exactly what? Nothing is the answer. You choose to voice discontent at every single thing that is done or not done on a website only a handful read. The outcome is the same a big fat nothing. I've no problem with people complaining, it's everyone's right to have a moan if they want to. I do wonder though at some of it personally.

We are in league 2 because a Board of Directors cocked up big time for whatever
reason. It is no good complaining about who the opposition is at every turn because it is the rest of league 2. We aren't billy big bollocks right now we are just one of them. Complaining about who we are playing in the cup because we were DRAWN to play them because we are in league 2. It's where we are and that had nothing to do with Brent or Newell or Webb or Pasoti or you or me. I'm just hopeful we aren't here too long just like the rest of you.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:42 am

Like I said "stop yer moaning and accept watching any old shit, we are where we are". I have stopped going because of brent. The bloke is bad news all round. We will remain utter shit under the non-investing banker. I'm glad you like watching shit (but don't want to hear others complaining about it). Good for you. But it's not for me. The banker will have to do one and take his goons and his dog shit manager with him before I set foot in home park again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Perhaps I need to spell out why I go in words of one sylible. I enjoy the day out (I'm typing this slowly so read it the same way). I do not just go because I enjoy watching shit football. I like to watch decent football like anyone else but despite it not always being decent I still enjoy my day out. I want to watch really great football. I really want Argyle to do well and win and get promoted out of this league and at least the next one. How this can possibly come across that I somehow applaud shit football is beyond me but no doubt because it is at odds with your brain workings it will still come across that way. You protest by staying away if you want and I will continue enjoying my day out my way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Times up for Team Clueless   Times up for Team Clueless Empty

Back to top Go down

Times up for Team Clueless
Page 1 of 1