akagreengull
sufferedsince 68
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 10:27 pm

sorry Charlymouse. I must do better. I just don't think the semi play-off is the place to be demonstrating against anyone. I agree that our small squad has cost us auto-promotion but it still doesn't change the fact that the teams we had out at Accy, Exeter, Cambridge and Daggers (as examples) should have been able to hold on to a lead for 10 minutes or beat the team destined for the NL. I hope that after season end the club (or individuals) explain what has actually gone on. Probably unlikely though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 9:22 am

You could start by reading thought of the day and cogitating it, unlikely though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 10:28 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So is Game A 7th  v 4th? And Game B 5th v 6th?

Anyone know?

No, it's ambiguous - the Championship dates are confirmed as 6 v 3 being Match A and 4 v 5 being Match B but it's unclear if Leagues 1 & 2 follow this logic, or are unconfirmed. Suspect it's the latter and TV will decide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 1:01 pm

According to this, we'll be on 12th/15th May: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Whoever finishes 5th plays away from home first.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 2:00 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Nothing - and I do mean nothing - would get me to waste a single penny on brents play-off semis disaster.   I actually can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would want to go unless they're some kind of weird massochist.  Don't waste your money on what is certain to be the final brent (non) funded humiliating capitulation of the 2015/16 season from hell.

BRENT OUT NOW
Wise words indeed Freathy, you should be Chairman of the AFT, i'd join then! Laughing
freathy is our leader freathy is our leader la la la Freathy is our leader Very Happy BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 2:56 pm

This is my play-off prediction.

We will draw at Hartlepools and Pompey will win.

1st game at Home Park: We are utter shit as Pompey race into a 2 goal lead before half time. There's a little improvement in the second half as Carey gets one back and the ground tries a half hearted rendition of Bob Marley. It finishes 1-2

2nd Leg at Fratton. We score in the first half and appear to be coasting. Numerous attempts on goal get wafted into the milton end until inevitably Portsmouth score just before half time. The second half is non event with the team having forgot we are supposed to be winning the game. Portsmouth score again in the 84th minute.

Then they lose to Accrington at Wembley.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 3:06 pm

Accrington will go up automatically
Hugh there buzzing at the moment everythink else you've pretty much nailed it on
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 6:17 pm

Pompey will go through no doubt about it, i hope the ordinary fan just boycott's the Brentoffs in protest at the non investor and his Toadie Army keeping the Club crap.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Ok well now I'm confused. I thought we were match B? On Spotlight they just gave the Match A dates for Argyle....
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:23 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Pompey will go through no doubt about it, i hope the ordinary fan just boycott's the Brentoffs in protest at the non investor and his Toadie Army keeping the Club crap.
You're not a touch on Freathy. If you wish to boycott then fine. If others wish to pay and go then fine also. Footballs a funny old game Saint!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:34 pm

tigertony wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
You're not a touch on Freathy. If you wish to boycott then fine. If others wish to pay and go then fine also. Footballs a funny old game Saint!
Hilarious Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:45 pm

"The only independent forum for Argyle FANS" is how ATD is described in the title, are some of you sure your on the right site ?

Don't get me wrong I'm all for free speech, but some of these posts just baffle me and can only assume most of you are no longer supporters of PAFC and have no real wish for the club to succeed whilst Brent is at the helm.

Just to be clear before the usual artillery starts blazing, I'm no Brent apologist, frankly I couldn't give a flying one about him but thats not going to stop me supporting my club and I'll fecking be there tomorrow getting my ticket.

Also got next seasons ST as well, so onwards and upwards chaps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 9:16 pm

Graiser wrote:
"The only independent forum for Argyle FANS" is how ATD is described in the title, are some of you sure your on the right site ?

Don't get me wrong I'm all for free speech, but some of these posts just baffle me and can only assume most of you are no longer supporters of PAFC and have no real wish for the club to succeed whilst Brent is at the helm.

Just to be clear before the usual artillery starts blazing, I'm no Brent apologist, frankly I couldn't give a flying one about him but thats not going to stop me supporting my club and I'll fecking be there tomorrow getting my ticket.

There are so many different spins to put on the word 'fan' though. Some people would say that it involves turning up as often as possible and supporting the team. But many here feel that Brent is damaging Argyle's long-term prospects. Many would like to know how Argyle have been getting impressive attendance in L2, yet were unable to genuinely strengthen in January. Many would like to know what happened to the promise of transparency. Many are worried about asset stripping and the unambitious grandstand plans. So if you are genuinely concerned about Brent and you think he is not a good thing for the club, then it seems only consistent and logical not to hand your cash over to him.

I don't think it's up to you to define what constitutes a supporter and to try and exclude people in this way. We are all individuals with out own opinions and we react in different ways to different situations. And either way, we all know that this site is pretty open to supporters of other teams, as long as they make an effort to to be total arseholes, so I think your opening point is pretty much moot.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 9:36 pm

After five years of Brent at the Helm and the Club floundering i want him gone, What else can the average fan do to force a money man out, but to deny him money? Dont people look at other clubs and wonder why Argyle cant be like a Bournemouth or Swansea or even Burton Albion? just look around Homepark is falling apart through lack of maintenance, the brand new pitch has been ruined by lack of maintenance, the Granstand will NEVER get built by Brent, we all know that, and he blew a golden chance of promotion by not backing a decent manager!! And now yoom naat a prapper fan if you tell Brent where to stick his playoffs ? while this is acceptable to fans Argyle will remain Crap.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 9:46 pm

And no-one wants Argyle to fail, it's we know Argyle CANNOT SUCCEED under brent. Even acheiving the most moderate of 'success' like getting out of this dog shit division is way out of our reach. Fact is we'll be struggling 4th division shit as long as brent remains.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 9:52 pm

So glad that one of our games is on the sunday, and not the Saturday.
Would have been a tough choice between Argyle and Eurovision. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 11:57 pm

Graiser wrote:

Just be grateful eh ? Forest green or sheff united does it matter :lol!

What do swansea leicester brighton hull bournemouth cardiff burnley all ahve in common ????

Answer - all finished below argyle at some point in the last 16years.
All have been in the top flighg since.

Brent out ......
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 5:08 am

From my early years attending all of Argyle's home games mainly in the 2nd tier of English football [including reserve matches] and as I reached my teens, a sprinkling of away days, Argyle was and remains the only club I could ever support.Once hooked, it's a life sentence.
As I grew older and wiser I have become increasingly frustrated that we have never managed to join our 'peers' attendance wise and make the step up to the top flight. With that would have come a cemented fanbase as at Norwich, Ipswich and Southampton way back when and more recently Swansea, Reading and Hull etc etc etc

The 'reality' of modern day football told me that the rise under Sturrock/Stapleton was doomed to ultimate demise if greater wealth was not attracted to the boardroom.We did not have a cemented fanbase and our attendance figures waned after the novelty of 2nd tier football began to wear off, as it did at every other club with no top flight history unless.................there was just enough money to retain successful managers/players and there were clear signs that the ground development and infrastructure were also inspiring and showed that the club meant business, as with the clubs mentioned above.

Pasoti began to ban dissenting voices like mine and we were told to shut up and enjoy the ride. How can you do this when the writing is on the wall for failure ? Some can, as they still do now.......... but really ??????

After it all went wrong, the minute that the Pasoti and Trust commanders gave their unwavering support to 'Ee saved us !', in return for the run of Home Park,it was clear that the future was dire. The catalogue of deception and self interest/promotion since, has left the club in permanent parochiality. Being a big fish in a small pond is as good as it could get and we haven't even managed that yet.

I haven't been able to summon the hope, belief or stomach to attend a match for 5 years. Fulfilling potential is not achieved by entertaining the already hooked in tents and with holier than though bucket rattles, whilst bemoaning stay away janners,. It is about inspiring and sending out signals through planning and success on and off the field.

Even if we manage to get promoted, does anyone truly believe that the planning, professionalism and investment will be made to keep moving forward because I don't ?

I'd love to see at least moderately wealthy football people running the show at HP and if and when that happens, I'll be back.

Big club in waiting for far too long.......... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 6:42 pm

Tringreen wrote:
From my early years attending all of Argyle's home games mainly in the 2nd tier of English football [including reserve matches] and as I reached my teens, a sprinkling of away days, Argyle was and remains the only club I could ever support.Once hooked, it's a life sentence.
As I grew older and wiser I have become increasingly frustrated that we have never managed to join our 'peers' attendance wise and make the step up to the top flight. With that would have come a cemented fanbase as at Norwich, Ipswich and Southampton way back when and more recently Swansea, Reading and Hull etc etc etc

The 'reality' of modern day football told me that the rise under Sturrock/Stapleton was doomed to ultimate demise if greater wealth was not attracted to the boardroom.We did not have a cemented fanbase and our attendance figures waned after the novelty of 2nd tier football began to wear off, as it did at every other club with no top flight history unless.................there was just enough money to retain successful managers/players and there were clear signs that the ground development and infrastructure were also inspiring and showed that the club meant business, as with the clubs mentioned above.

Pasoti began to ban dissenting voices like mine and we were told to shut up and enjoy the ride. How can you do this when the writing is on the wall for failure ? Some can, as they still do now.......... but really ??????

After it all went wrong, the minute that the Pasoti and Trust commanders gave their unwavering support to 'Ee saved us !', in return for the run of Home Park,it was clear that the future was dire. The catalogue of deception and self interest/promotion since, has left the club in permanent parochiality. Being a big fish in a small pond is as good as it could get and we haven't even managed that yet.

I haven't been able to summon the hope, belief or stomach to attend a match for 5 years. Fulfilling potential is not achieved by entertaining the already hooked in tents and with holier than though bucket rattles, whilst bemoaning stay away janners,. It is about inspiring and sending out signals through planning and success on and off the field.

Even if we manage to get promoted, does anyone truly believe that the planning, professionalism and investment will be made to keep moving forward because I don't ?

I'd love to see at least moderately wealthy football people running the show at HP and if and when that happens, I'll be back.

Big club in waiting for far too long.......... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
pretty much nailed it on tringers Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 6:54 pm

Elias wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Just be grateful eh ? Forest green or sheff united does it matter :lol!

What do swansea leicester brighton hull bournemouth cardiff burnley all ahve in common ????

Answer - all finished below argyle at some point in the last 16years.
All have been in the top flighg since.

Brent out ......

Who said anything about being grateful, certainly not me and I wasn't implying that, we have another chance of promotion and while we still have that chance I want to get behind the team, that's all, if none of you chaps wish to do that, that's your call but don't knock mine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 7:02 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Tring, that's a top post, so much different than the usual Brent out feck em all posts

I also would like some wealthy people to move in, but where the feck are they ? and while we're waiting what do we do in the meantime ?

Like you state above, we all got hooked and that's it, I can't stop, I've seen Blindell, Daniel, McCauley et al, they've buggered off but I'm still here, Brent will go for sure and God willing I'll still be here.

Maybe if ole Dawson floats the Range he may want to put a few shillings in the club, we can wish!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Something just has to happen one day. We still have the potential to bring in 30k on a regular basis if in the top flight. One day, someone will realise that. I just hope the current owner doesn't take the ground out of public hands or box it in with cheap development................but that's exactly what he wanted to do, so I wouldn't put anything past him.

Brent was on about all the 'unsuitable' offers he gets to buy the club. I'd like to see some of them go public so we all know what we could be dealing with. My guess, going on his history, is that he's happy to sit on the club, without spending his own money, for as long as it takes. Maybe a promotion might raise the profile but one thing is for sure and that is he wants to cash in on his non investment and bringing in the new directors to buy the ground is part of the plan.

I personally can't stand what he represents and his choice of jamboys seals the deal on my non attendance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 2:14 pm

Completely agree Tringers, This is why i will now be a non attendee till Brent and his hangars on are long gone. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 2:33 pm

Tringreen wrote:

You should copy and paste that direct to Freechat. Its an excellent post and even the most stupid of bucket rattling Avivas and there a few still left, should see its merits..... bom bom
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 4:07 pm

In the meantime we have a team of players participating in, what for many will be, the biggest games of their careers and yet wondering whether they'll be unemployed in two weeks time.

The club excuse that we don't know what division we'll be in next season is total b*****ks.

There is nothing to stop them offering a % pay rise should they get promoted.

I won't go that's for sure until the phoney's gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!   Boycott the Brentoffs!!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boycott the Brentoffs!!!!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next