HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BOYCOTT!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

BOYCOTT!   Empty
PostSubject: BOYCOTT!    BOYCOTT!   EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:16 pm

BOYCOTT!

So here we are in a hell of a mess and looking like nobody in the world gives a shit, and they probably don’t, but the question is, where do we go from here?

Collections for the staff is a noble gesture and the meetings held by the Trust help to air views, car-boot sales etc. all help the cause for the staff to pay their mortgages etc, but what are we really doing to solve anything?

I can see only one alternative and whilst it may well receive a Ridsdale warning of the club liquidation and staff redundancies, there isn’t a lot of choice.

The way I see it is that no matter what happens the clouds that gather over Home Park are going to become far darker and far more gloomy before we reach the bottom of this ever deepening abyss of doom.

We need an all out boycott of Home Park to force this issue to the surface. Many have already declared their own private boycott, now we need a united boycott that all fans can join. I would like to see this centred on the Trust but that seems highly unlikely, so how can this be made to happen?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

BOYCOTT!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT!    BOYCOTT!   EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 2:36 pm

It can't because not everyone agrees. If the Trust was worth anything they'd lead the crusade of non compliance and I for one would join them.
Better to start all over again than support these suited bastards.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

BOYCOTT!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT!    BOYCOTT!   EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:15 pm

All funds collected by various means, should be set aside with the Nationwide (probally the most reliable) and held untill we see what emerges from the various fork tounged people involved with the club at present.
Back to top Go down

BOYCOTT!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT!    BOYCOTT!   EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:37 pm

I fully expect Ridsdale to engineer some sort of spin to ward off any momentum gathering for a boycott of season tickets or any other ... and reiterate once again how 'it's this or bust ". No it ain't Pete, no it ain't. And you're not home and dry yet by a long, long way.

However, Monday's meeting at Citybus will probably just be yet another disappointment. Lots of talk, but for some reason it's only the terminally dumb who turn up to these meetings. I guess the rest of us just know it's a waste of time. Boycott is the answer... it certainly put paid to McCauley in the end ... he just couldn't take the stick any longer.... this will be a war of attrition.... The War on Greed. I trust the council are on board with the rest of the community.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

BOYCOTT!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT!    BOYCOTT!   EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:44 pm

A total boycott of all things Argyle by the supporters would certainly force the issue. If the players/staff join in, all the better.
Even if it resulted in liquidation, the resultant pride in having 'our club back', would create real momentum, no matter how low we have to start.
It is the only way I'll ever be interested again, that is, unless a billionaire steps in !
The alternative is endless mediocrity and jobs for the boys............ in more ways than one.

Enjoy the ride............... all 4 thousand of you.

jocolor
Back to top Go down

BOYCOTT!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT!    BOYCOTT!   EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:25 pm

The biggest single issue that will hinder any boycott of season tickets is reserved seating!

Season ticket holders have sat in the same seat for years but if they stop buying a ST in support of the staff their seat then becomes fair game for anyone who pays on the day. In effect they are giving up their reserved seat if they don't buy a season ticket unless they queue up at stupid O'Clock and make a run for their favourite seat before anyone else nabs it. Laughing

Last edited by PL2 3DQ on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

BOYCOTT!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT!    BOYCOTT!   EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:26 pm

They ARE looking and hopefully listening.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

BOYCOTT!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT!    BOYCOTT!   EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:18 pm

PL2 3DQ wrote:
The biggest single issue that will hinder any boycott of season tickets is reserved seating!

Season ticket holders have sat in the same seat for years but if they stop buying a ST in support of the staff their seat then becomes fair game for anyone who pays on the day. In effect they are giving up their reserved seat if they don't buy a season ticket unless they queue up at stupid O'Clock and make a run for their favourite seat before anyone else nabs it. Laughing

I had a foolish attachment to the seat I'd had since Phase 1 was built, along the lines of "it's always been my seat from new", I used to get so angry at pre season friendlies when I'd potd and some fecker was sitting in MY seat Evil or Very Mad Then when the cheap Mayflower deal came along and the price paid was much more in line with the shite we were having to watch, I gave it up. The (non premium) seat I returned to this year was forsaken at least half the time this year to enable me st sit in spare seats with friends or family that accompanied me. Don't worry Ian there will be plenty of nice shiny spare seats for POTDers to pick from next season.

If there is a next season, of course.
Back to top Go down

BOYCOTT!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT!    BOYCOTT!   EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
PL2 3DQ wrote:

I had a foolish attachment to the seat I'd had since Phase 1 was built, along the lines of "it's always been my seat from new", I used to get so angry at pre season friendlies when I'd potd and some fecker was sitting in MY seat Evil or Very Mad Then when the cheap Mayflower deal came along and the price paid was much more in line with the shite we were having to watch, I gave it up. The (non premium) seat I returned to this year was forsaken at least half the time this year to enable me st sit in spare seats with friends or family that accompanied me. Don't worry Ian there will be plenty of nice shiny spare seats for POTDers to pick from next season.

If there is a next season, of course.

Sounds like the 3 bears "and whos been sitting in my seat!!" Razz
Back to top Go down
Ponty

BOYCOTT!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT!    BOYCOTT!   EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:13 pm

Somebody sat in my seat in the Lounge once, God I was peeved.

PS That was a joke, I normally stand and watch the game with a beer in my hand, remember the good old days when you could do that in the Lyndhurst, I was only young enough to watch in them days though.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 19)
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

BOYCOTT!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT!    BOYCOTT!   EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:37 am

Oh dear oh dear oh dear !
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Heaney even says Stapleton has been mistreated.............. we're f*cked !

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

BOYCOTT!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT!    BOYCOTT!   EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:06 am

Quote :
"The reality is I've got a great friendship with Paul [Stapleton, former Argyle chairman] – who I think has been treated abysmally – and I feel for the Plymouth supporters and I want to help."

The white mullet IS returning. The PAFC cycle of shit continues......
Back to top Go down

BOYCOTT!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT!    BOYCOTT!   EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:16 am

Supporteres have to be brave and front this out. It may well mean the end of the club as we know it but that seems more and more certain to happen anyway.

The difference being, the club goes tits up with dodgy characters making a mint, or the club goes tits up with dodgy characters making a loss.

The choice is ours!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BOYCOTT!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOYCOTT!    BOYCOTT!   Empty

Back to top Go down

BOYCOTT!
Page 1 of 1