Freathy
Les Miserable
Dick Trickle
Czarcasm
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 8:21 am

Can some kind mod edit Tringy's lazy post, as it's stretching a point too far along with my screen. That boy gets too much sun.
His link should be:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Edited to add: It's ok now we've turned the page.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 8:38 am

Freathy wrote:
100% brents fault.  We were as high as we were all season despite brent.  DA has said he doesn't even have the financial backing for a core squad.  This combined with demotivated players who don't know where they stand re their contracts is the reason for the inevitable collapse of our season.

Under brent we'll be fourth division shit for years to come - if we're lucky.

BRENT OUT NOW

Bang on the money simple as
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 12:07 pm

Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT NOW

Putting non-football issues to one side, surely without Brent's help you'd be lucky to be in any sort of division.

If that be the case, surely the current discontent smacks of an appalling case of ingratitude.

As an outsider peering in, I don't know all the facts and therefore would welcome a reasoned appraisal.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 1:44 pm

Not logged in since the exeter fiasco completely dumbstruck & lost for words after the game literally couldnt believe it.
To make matters worse the avivas are still blaming everyone expect there lord and master this brentmare needs to end soon
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 2:54 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT NOW

Putting non-football issues to one side, surely without Brent's help you'd be lucky to be in any sort of division.

If that be the case, surely the current discontent smacks of an appalling case of ingratitude.

As an outsider peering in, I don't know all the facts and therefore would welcome a reasoned appraisal.        

........good luck on that one. In addition why do you say "you" rather than "we"...... fishing
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 3:01 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT NOW

Try reading the scandal threads it might help.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 7:40 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT NOW

........good luck on that one. In addition why do you say "you" rather than "we"...... fishing

I believe he's an Exeter fan. And to be fair, he appears to be considerably less fucktardly than Fucksy or MOT Failure.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 7:45 pm

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 7:51 pm

I understand why all the venom directed at Brent but I think we also need to listen to DA and try to be just a tad objective.
For example against Accrington, Luton and now Exeter Derek had said we were far the better team and if anybody says any different then they don't know anything about football, well if that's the case is that really Brent's fault or Derek's or heaven forbid the players ?
Has McCormick (allegedly the best GK in L2) got an aversion to his near post or is that Derek or Brent's fault ?
DA can't have it all ways, if we're the best side then just why didn't we beat the above 3 teams ?
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 8:19 pm

Because on our day we are the best side, or at least one of the top three. We have suffered because of a reliance on loan signings. Adams isn't their boss, they can mank, bitch and feign injury back to their parent club if they want.

If you are trying to motivate a squad then having a third of it as paid mercenaries will have an impact.

That is Brent's fault.

Anyway - if Brent is on the case daily with regards to the new grandstand and HHP who is paying for all these advisors? Who paid for the architects, surveyors and lawyers?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 8:26 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT NOW

Lock your doors and windows they'll be after you now laugh
My middle ground at present is to forget politics, who's saying what and who finds who a pain in the arse. Focussing on 6 games and just the team and results.
As for Exeter - well the Argyle team on the pitch should be capable of beating Accy and Exeter when 1 goal up with minutes to go. That rests with the team and coaches not JB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Dick, you said it "on our day" we are the best side, just wondered "who makes our day"
I agree we have too many loan signings but we have DA extolling the virtues of Houghton, Threlkeld and Boateng, to a lesser extent Tanner all of whom, if we believe what we're told, all wanted to be here.
So I don't completely hold with the mercenary term.
Before the flak comes in, I'm no Brent apologist but just feel some of the criticism at times is not objective enough.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 12:45 am

tigertony wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT NOW

Lock your doors and windows they'll be after you now laugh
My middle ground at present is to forget politics, who's saying what and who finds who a pain in the arse. Focussing on 6 games and just the team and results.
As for Exeter - well the Argyle team on the pitch should be capable of beating Accy and Exeter when 1 goal up with minutes to go. That rests with the team and coaches not JB.

The players that the team plays, that the manager signs and the coaching staff coach and, indeed, even the identity and quaity of the manager and the coaches, are all down to the budget on the table - and that is down to Brent. Argue what you want how you want but ultimately it all returns to Brent. After all if the goalie or striker isn't good enough the manager gets stick for picking them; well if the manager isn't good enough who chose him? And if he is good enough but under-resourced then whose fault is that? But I can't be arsed to go any further down that road at the moment and the core question is much more interesting.

So soddit. I'll engage with it but before I do on the terms I suppose are expected by the questioner I'm going to query the supposition "without Brent's help you'd be lucky to be in any sort of division".

Why should that be the case?

Off the top of my head there are very few teams that having gone bust have actually disappeared altogether. There was Bradford Park Avenue back in pre-history. And Maidstone more recently but still a very long time ago. And Scarborough - did they vanish?

So that's three I suppose. To offset them we now have a new Newport, Accrington (they've gone bust loads of times), Chester, Halifax, Hereford and probably a host more that escape me.

Many league teams have been into and out of admin without being particularly hindered in the long term with Leicester, Liverpool (did they actually hit admin or dodge it? No matter), Cardiff, Leeds, Sheffield Wed... And countless others. Probably more than half of the 92. There's nearly always a way of some sort that allows continuing football to be played more or less as it was before.

So why should we accept that we wouldn't have a club at all because in all likelihood we would and if it wasn't where it is now then it'd be somewhere in the lower leagues?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 7:45 am

If it wasn't for Adams we'd now be closer to the bottom 3 than the top 3. We have one of the highest average attendances in the division and don't even have a core squad. Couldn't even put out a full subs bench v Oxford. Wheres the money going brent?

Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 8:21 am

Got to admire Adams generosity in defeat!

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 8:29 am

Some people just won't accept the person at the top is no good for the tribe. No matter what the situation.  You'll never convince them otherwise. It's an emotional thing, an authority thing. To question, to get rid is treasonous. Some people just like it that way, and would follow a lemming off a cliff if it had the correct hat on.  Some people will never understand that the decision maker/funder/boss/speculator can be an inadequate lemon. Probably goes right back to kiddie hood.

Some "leaders" do a good job, and even Argyle have had reasonable chairs for a while.  But some are hopeless, continually missing the boat. It's quite clear where Jimmy is queuing with his bowl, and for what reason. And that's when he can afford the half a day a week he spends on the club. We had another hopeless chair called Gardner who had so may jobs he didn't know which to do first, and look what happened there.

Brent is right on one thing though. He now says football is a matter of hanging around for a few years, and then you get lucky. While that probably gives an insight into his property speculation head, there is some truth in that, but what he fails to realise is you have to then actively ride your luck. Adams was a lucky recommendation for this division. Missing this boat and not building on the start Adams has manufactured out of nothing would be inadequate in the extreme. He has done nothing to throttle up, and the manager is clearly irritated.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 8:57 am

Talking of discredited Argyle managers [which unbelievably Adams is fast becoming in some quarters] that tactically inept, demotivational, walking mogadon advert Sheridan has luckily managed to garner 23 points from 16 games to give previously dead on arrival outfit Oldham half a chance of staying in the league above. Includes a win after going a goal down too-Argyle's inability to do so was often used as a reinforcing stick for the mantra that he "couldn't change matches,tactically clueless" etc. Most interesting and food for very deep thought.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 10:13 am

Lord Biro wrote:
Some people just won't accept the person at the top is no good for the tribe. No matter what the situation.  You'll never convince them otherwise. It's an emotional thing, an authority thing. To question, to get rid is treasonous. Some people just like it that way, and would follow a lemming off a cliff if it had the correct hat on.  Some people will never understand that the decision maker/funder/boss/speculator can be an inadequate lemon. Probably goes right back to kiddie hood.

Some "leaders" do a good job, and even Argyle have had reasonable chairs for a while.  But some are hopeless, continually missing the boat. It's quite clear where Jimmy is queuing with his bowl, and for what reason. And that's when he can afford the half a day a week he spends on the club. We had another hopeless chair called Gardner who had so may jobs he didn't know which to do first, and look what happened there.

Brent is right on one thing though. He now says football is a matter of hanging around for a few years, and then you get lucky. While that probably gives an insight into his property speculation head, there is some truth in that, but what he fails to realise is you have to then actively ride your luck. Adams was a lucky recommendation for this division. Missing this boat and not building on the start Adams has manufactured out of nothing would be inadequate in the extreme. He has done nothing to throttle up, and the manager is clearly irritated.

The reluctant one knew he had to buy off the leaders of the animals. They just love itplaying with his train set while he waits to cash in and they'll continue to follow him and tell everyone else to enjoy the ride too. 'Rattle hard enough and you might be able to join us in the Directors' Pen and get yer photo on GOS.'
Don't think this could happen at any other city club.
Janner..........seaside yokel. Geddon.................av a Dewdneys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 10:51 am

Charlton 1984
Middlesbrough 1986
Tranmere 1987
Newport County 1989
Walsall 1990
Northampton 1992
Kettering 1992
Aldershot 1992
Maidstone 1992
Hartlepool 1994
Barnet 1994
Exeter 1994, 2003
Gillingham 1995
Doncaster 1997
Millwall 1997
Bournemouth 1997, 2008
Darlington 1997, 2009
Chester 1998, 2009
Hereford 1998
Portsmouth 1999, 2010
Crystal Palace 1999, 2010
Oxford Utd 1999
Barrow 1999
Swindon 2000, 2002
Scarborough 2000
Hull 2001
QPR 2001
Chesterfield 2001
Leicester 2002
Barnsley 2002
Carlisle 2002
Notts County 2002
Bury 2002
Bradford 2002
Port Vale 2002
Lincoln City 2002
Swansea City 2002
York 2002
Halifax Town 2002, 2008
Derby 2003
Ipswich 2003
Huddersfield 2003
Oldham 2003
MK Dons 2003
Wimbledon 2003
Wrexham 2004
Cambridge 2005
Crawley Town 2006
Rotherham 2006, 2008
Leeds United 2007
Boston United 2007
Southampton 2008
Luton 2008
Stockport 2009
Salisbury 2009

Clubs who have entered admin in the last 25 years, strangely we're omitted, one club that is notable is Port Vale, I'm convinced if Brent had "saved" them they would be languishing where we are and we'd be where they are. I remember at the time us having fire sale after fire sale, pre and after admin. whilst clubs like Port Vale, Leeds and Pompey always seem to kick on after a year or two of stabilising. Funny that Pompey were only in Admin last year and yet are already snapping at our heels and will soon pass us. And before anyone uses the "Pompey have bigger gates than us" argument then why are Accrington one of our main rivals with their gates of a couple of thou?
Brent saved the club for himself he couldn't give a feck about the football.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 12:05 pm

That list must be based on some other criteria than just "in administration" because not only are we missing from it but Port Vale have been in administration again since 2002.

But no matter. It reinforces the point that admin is not necessarily, or even often, the "end" completely so we have been "saved" from what exactly? And was it worth being saved from anyway?

And I wonder how much the combined dosh written off comes? It must be an eye-watering amount.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 7:07 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
That list must be based on some other criteria than just "in administration" because not only are we missing from it but Port Vale have been in administration again since 2002.

But no matter. It reinforces the point that admin is not necessarily, or even often, the "end" completely so we have been "saved" from what exactly? And was it worth being saved from anyway?

And I wonder how much the combined dosh written off comes? It must be an eye-watering amount.

It was a bit of an amaterish site but it was titled as clubs that have entered admin in last 25 yrs. funnily enough I remember Port Vale and was thinking of them when I looked this up. I remember us selling players whilst they exited admin. and carried on pretty well as normal which must be the 2002 admin that you mention. Didn't they even buy a player off us?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 7:14 pm

No. They were in admin only a year or two ago - that was what I had in mind. On exit from admin they got promoted soon after.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 7:28 pm

You're right it was in 2012 so a year after ours and it's the promotion that I remember. At the time I was asking how they could carry on as normal whilst we were acting like a pub out fit, they averaged crowds of 5700 so not a lot different from us and as you say we're promoted the year after. They have maintained league 1 status on those crowds as well whilst we are taking years longer to achieve the same. The balloon payment must be covered by the extra couple of thousand fans and Brent is to blame. It makes you wonder where all the money has gone because it hasn't been on players.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Just think... If the club published proper accounts there'd be no suspicion regarding such things at all.

Just an observation.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 11:20 pm

Nothing to see. It's a private matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next