Elias
Richard Blight
Tgwu
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Exeter Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 10:56 pm

This post will be my last highlights and Match day thread as I am taking a break from the site for a spell but will only pop in to the result forecast thread.

Travel for posters living in the wider area of Devon

(First) Great Western Railway will be running an additional Football special train after the match. Departing Plymouth at 23:40 calling at Newton Abbot, Teignmouth and Exeter St Davids arriving at 00:41. You won't find it publicised in the National Rail timetable but the train is definitely running if people want to use the train down and back on the night of the game.

A standard return to Plymouth is £9.10. ( A Devon and Cornwall Rail card, the costs is £10 for the year and you get 1/3 off travel .With the card it is £6. But you can do better than that. There is a Ticket called a Devon Evening Ranger Ticket. This ticket is only £5. £3.30 with card and can be used from 6pm all night on the Devon network

Details

The Devon Day Ranger provides unlimited travel for 1 day (see 'Validity') on National Rail services from St Budeaux Ferry Road and the Tamar Valley to Axminster and as far as Tiverton Parkway.

The Devon Evening Ranger provides unlimited travel after 18:00 (also valid on the 17:24 Gunnislake to Plymouth service (Mon-Fri) or 17:30 Gunnislake - Plymouth on Saturdays) on National Rail services from St Budeaux Ferry Road and the Tamar Valley to Axminster and as far as Tiverton Parkway

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Radio Devon are broadcasting this game

Match Officials

Man in the middle BRENDAN MALONE

Assised by Ron Ganfield and Nicholas Hopton

Fourth Official Adrian Tranter
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 11:39 pm

I hope your break isn't too long!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 11:53 pm

Dont think theyll be any passengers for that ! Two hour wait for exeter fans in plymouth.......theyll be a magnet for every nutter in town
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 8:06 am

Elias wrote:
Dont think theyll be any passengers for that ! Two hour wait for exeter fans in plymouth.......theyll be a magnet for every nutter in town

Was thinking the same. Mental. Why the Fook would they wait till twenty to midnight to put on an extra train?

Good luck policing the station area.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Am I right in thinking that there's no extra time? If it's level after 90 minutes it goes straight to penalties?

In which case the 2240 travelling west should be manageable.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 6:15 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Am I right in thinking that there's no extra time? If it's level after 90 minutes it goes straight to penalties?

Eh Chris - can't see xcretia bringing 2240 fans!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 6:41 pm

tigertony wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

and not for a midweek jpt game anyways
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:23 pm

Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

and not for a midweek jpt game anyways

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:33 pm

tigertony wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

Eh travelling west to Excretia, via Penzance is it ?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:44 pm

A chance to whip ait that classic chant:

"NINE PAIND TEN AND IT'S TUESDAY NIGHT, LOL AT U GOING HOME AND AIT THE JOHNSTONES PAINT TROPHYYYYY"
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:58 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
A chance to whip ait that classic chant:

"NINE PAIND TEN AND IT'S TUESDAY NIGHT, LOL AT U GOING HOME AND AIT THE JOHNSTONES PAINT TROPHYYYYY"

Hang on I'll get the Tiger to decipher that - don't go away now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 8:03 pm

I prefer Newell's favourite
"You're going home in a Pasoti ambulance "
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 10:16 pm

Clearly Exeter are a FAR tougher proposition than Barnet or Crawley. And we struggled against both, particularly Barnet.

And of course with Argo big crowd plus big expectation = very big disappointment

Time to concentrate on the League
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 10:58 pm

Freathy wrote:
Clearly Exeter are a FAR tougher proposition than Barnet or Crawley.  And we struggled against both, particularly Barnet.

And of course with Argo big crowd plus big expectation = very big disappointment

Time to concentrate on the League

Smile Probably true though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 11:18 pm

I sincerely hope we play the kids and reserves, even if it means losing.

The Championship express must roll on, and if we lose Reuben, Carey or Jervis to a tackle from one of those arseholes it will be naive in the extreme.

Be sensible. Important players on the bench please.

Not only that but the likes of Harvey, Cox and Purrington must be desperate for a chance to impress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 1:57 am

Pieface is co commentating on bbc.....

yet more drivel from him in the herald too which i wont link as i hate to be responsible for any garbbage he writes getting hits.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 4:01 am

ejh wrote:
I sincerely hope we play the kids and reserves, even if it means losing.

The Championship express must roll on, and if we lose Reuben, Carey or Jervis to a tackle from one of those arseholes it will be naive in the extreme.

Be sensible. Important players on the bench please.

Not only that but the likes of Harvey, Cox and Purrington must be desperate for a chance to impress.

Like losing £10k a week bwp in a close doors game all those years ago.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 4:21 am

'Championship Express ' ? laugh
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 5:06 am

Clinton Morrison says beating Plymouth Argyle in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy on Tuesday night would go down as one of his career highlights.

The Exeter City striker is well-known for having an acrimonious relationship with Argyle fans and says there would be no better way to net his first goal for the club than against the Grecians' biggest rivals.

Yet the former Republic of Ireland international says his main focus is on getting the team victory rather than settling any personal vendettas.

"Beating Plymouth will be one of the highlights of my career, for sure, as it's a derby," said Morrison.

"I've played in a few derbies at Birmingham City but this is a different one and I want to beat Plymouth.

"I don't have a good relationship with their fans and they don't like me for whatever reason, so I want to go there and win the game.

"It might be a JPT game but we want to beat them because it's a derby.

"I'm expecting a horrible reception; it will be terrible and I know it will be but I'm big enough and thick-skinned enough to just get on with it.

"The best thing to do is to score the winner but the most important thing is to get the win and go through to the next round."

Morrison says he is desperate to be involved at Home Park but, after starting in Saturday's 1-1 draw away to Newport County, as a late replacement for Will Hoskins, he says he is not sure whether he will be selected for Paul Tisdale's squad.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 5:34 am

Dont over blow it morrison goodness me. Brum v villa / wba / wolves a much keener derby ffs
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 7:28 am

Must admit, if you offered me a defeat tonight but three points at Notts County on Sunday, I'd snap yer hand off.

Is there extra time in these games? Or is it straight to Pens if level at 90 mins??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 7:46 am

straight to pens i think
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 8:51 am

Tgwu wrote:
Clinton Morrison says beating Plymouth Argyle in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy on Tuesday night would go down as one of his career highlights.

The Exeter City striker is well-known for having an acrimonious relationship with Argyle fans and says there would be no better way to net his first goal for the club than against the Grecians' biggest rivals.

Yet the former Republic of Ireland international says his main focus is on getting the team victory rather than settling any personal vendettas.

"Beating Plymouth will be one of the highlights of my career, for sure, as it's a derby," said Morrison.

"I've played in a few derbies at Birmingham City but this is a different one and I want to beat Plymouth.

"I don't have a good relationship with their fans and they don't like me for whatever reason, so I want to go there and win the game.

"It might be a JPT game but we want to beat them because it's a derby.

"I'm expecting a horrible reception; it will be terrible and I know it will be but I'm big enough and thick-skinned enough to just get on with it.

"The best thing to do is to score the winner but the most important thing is to get the win and go through to the next round."

Morrison says he is desperate to be involved at Home Park but, after starting in Saturday's 1-1 draw away to Newport County, as a late replacement for Will Hoskins, he says he is not sure whether he will be selected for Paul Tisdale's squad.

Cheers T, how was the break Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 9:18 am

I had a few PM's to answer, so I needed to log in, Morrison QUOTE was to big to leave out. just replied to another one.

Just to add Les unsold ST seats are available to all fans from this morning.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 9:42 am

Cheers T, already sorted for tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter Match Thread
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next