Dick Trickle
Czarcasm
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
pepsipete

pepsipete

EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 5:15 pm

Great big lumps of crap
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 5:16 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Every cloud...................f*ck off jimmy and take your village jamboys with you !

Unlikely, he's just received a standing ovation accompanied by a hearty rendition of 'one James Brent' on re-boarding the paaaasty.
Fanks fer savin' us m'lud.

If that's true then there is no hope. I'm actually done with this shit club.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 5:17 pm

Plymouth Argyle... just grateful to be crap! No more fairy stories Brent, just f'ck off!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 5:21 pm

I despair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 5:22 pm

i question why did we bring boateng back and we dont play him? what the feck goes through del bhey's mind sometimes? i starting to have serious doubts about him fwiw
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 5:28 pm

Angry wrote:
i question why did we bring boateng back and we dont play him? what the feck goes through del bhey's mind sometimes? i starting to have serious doubts about him fwiw

Not only that but the Player himself must be thinking WTF am I doing back at this Shithole....
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 6:32 pm

I see the lad who scored Exeters goals came from their youth team, why cant Argyle produce a decent youth player? Joe mason, was long before Brentmares reign.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 6:42 pm

HIGNFY wrote:
I despair.
I'm with you. So angry. Rant Rant
D'you know that about 15 minutes of football (Accy and Excretia away) have cost us 6 points and now 'auto' is looking a tad shakey. 15 mins !!!! I might go and keep Freathy company tonight.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 6:49 pm

tigertony wrote:
HIGNFY wrote:
I despair.
I'm with you. So angry. Rant  Rant
D'you know that about 15 minutes of football (Accy and Excretia away) have cost us 6 points and now 'auto' is looking a tad shakey. 15 mins !!!! I might go and keep Freathy company tonight.

There was Crawley as well. Symptomatic of a team unable to either score enough goals to put games to bed or defend well enough to see games through.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 6:53 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Angry wrote:

Not only that but the Player himself must be thinking WTF am I doing back at this Shithole....

Its brents fault DA hasn't got a core squad he could gel and has to rely on so many loan players.

The whole club is a f***ing disgraceful shambles both on and off the field. Only brents removal will give us any chance of ever getting out of this dog shit division in the future.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 6:54 pm

Shorely the match was calling out for Boateng after we went 1 up, if not from the off.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 7:06 pm

It was a shocking error from McCormick for the first goal, a semi hit near post shot which squirmed under his body-not sure if he didn't make a meal of the second either from an admittedly decent 25 yard strike. At this stage of the season, it should be the experienced campaigners who provide the stability and know how in winning crucial games and it has to be said that today Luke did not come up with the goods.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 7:09 pm

Thought you done well for a team of loannes today rabbit
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Fooking hell, here we go.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 7:15 pm

If Adams doesn't start Boateng on Saturday, he deserves as much heckling as Brent.

Can you imagine Barca leaving out Messi or Madrid keeping Ronaldo benched - because they'd won the game before without them?

Utterly bizarre decision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 7:40 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
If Adams doesn't start Boateng on Saturday, he deserves as much heckling as Brent.

Can you imagine Barca leaving out Messi or Madrid keeping Ronaldo benched - because they'd won the game before without them?

Utterly bizarre decision.

i just hope the hatred of brent that's deserved doesnt blind people to del bhey's performance as manager. regardless to brent lack of investing del is still calling the shots.

To me he is no different to shezza except he managed to get us to flirt with the top 3 over the play offs.

Last edited by Angry on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 7:41 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I see the lad who scored Exeters goals came from their youth team, why cant Argyle produce a decent youth player? Joe mason, was long before Brentmares reign.

Because they get "cashed in" as soon as they show any promise.

Money in the pocket more important than success to some people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:20 pm

from ere

brents herald wrote:
DEREK ADAMS insisted Plymouth Argyle were the better team in the Devon derby, even though they lost 2-1 to Exeter City.

The Pilgrims had seemed in complete control as the game, leading 1-0, as the game at St James' Park entered its closing stages.

However, Exeter equalised in the 80th minute when a low shot from Ollie Watkins somehow squirmed past goalkeeper Luke McCormick.

Worse was to follow for the Pilgrims, deep into stoppage time, when Watkins fired home from distance.

It meant Exeter had completed the double over Argyle in League Two this season and dealt a devastating blow to their automatic promotion prospects.

Adams said: "We were by far the better side throughout the 90 minutes. They (Exeter) didn't deserve to win the match.

"We made a mistake with Luke in goals, and then the boy (Watkins) has slid in and managed to get it into the top corner.

"For 90 minutes we were by far the better side. Nobody here can say they (Exeter) deserved to win the match.

"The manner in which we lost the match is very hard to take. For 90 minutes we passed the ball well and got up into our strikers."

Adams repeated the same theme when asked whether he took any positives out of the overall performance.

He said: "We were the better side for 90 minutes. If anybody here tells me they (Exeter) were the better side then they don't know anything about football.

"We passed the ball well, we got the ball into their third and we had more shots on target than them.

"We dominated for 90 minutes and it would be a silly man to say that Exeter deserved to win the match."

Argyle dropped to fourth in League Two, out of the automatic promotion positions, after the defeat by Exeter.

Had they won the Devon derby, as looked likely after Jamille Matt fired home ahead in the 57th minute, they would have been in second spot – and with only six games to go.

Bristol Rovers moved above Argyle into third after a 3-0 victory over visiting Crawley Town.

Fifth-placed Accrington Stanley are only behind the Pilgrims by a goal difference of one following a 1-1 draw at home to Cambridge United.

And Portsmouth are also within striking distance of Argyle after a 1-0 home defeat of Carlisle United.

When Adams was asked where the defeat by Exeter left the Pilgrims' promotion push, he replied: "It leaves us needing wins to get going.

"I don't know what the rest of the results were today but, from my point of view, it probably leaves us in a similar way to what it was before the start."

It was put to Adams he would have the important task of trying to lift his players after the Watkins-inspired defeat by Exeter.

He replied: "No, our players are lifted. For 90 minutes we have dominated a football match. We have managed to get ourselves in front and didn't look like conceding."

we lose a game that was ours for the taking, drop out of the automatics, exeter do the double over us, a teenager scores 2 easy goals and our players are "lifted"

they need the riot act read to them i say, goals win games not performances
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:37 pm

Adams had no choice but to play an unchanged team. Have we forgotten the damge done to team spirit when Seip was unceremoniously sidelined by a fly by night loanee centre back ?
Adams is charged with keeping a team spirit, and cannot so easily drop a regular and contracted player for a whippersnapper loanee after results going our way. He obviously will be able to start Boateng now in the next game. These are the sort of problems that arise when there are too man loans.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:41 pm

Had a certain amount of time for Adams and he did change his setup intelligently for some of the game, but I think he's let himself down with those sour-grapes comments. Some of what he said is true but it's far from the whole story. If he really can't see beyond a fairly simplistic assessment like that he's gone down in my estimation.

Can't elaborate now - off for a celebration drink Wink (So yes, I will feck orf).

PS: 100% agree about Boateng. Not hindsight or playingn to the gallery - I can point you to various social media howls of terror and gloom on my part after finding out you'd got him back. Exactly the sort of player who we are least able to deal with. I can only assume some issue with him.

Happy days.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:58 pm

F...ing gutted Sulk

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 9:08 pm

Freathy wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Angry wrote:

Its brents fault DA hasn't got a core squad he could gel and has to rely on so many loan players.

The whole club is a f***ing disgraceful shambles both on and off the field.  Only brents removal will give us any chance of ever getting out of this dog shit division in the future.

BRENT OUT NOW

I have to agree with you. The sooner Brent sells the club to someone who knows how to run a football club, rather than something else, the better. Will it happen, no idea.

After Monday's slight blip, where Argyle found themselves in third place again, normal proceedings have returned after defeat to Devon rivals Exeter City today. Well done them, he says with gritted teeth.

Play-Offs for certain then, who shall we meet in the Semi-Final though ?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 9:12 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Adams had no choice but to play an unchanged team. Have we forgotten the damge done to team spirit when Seip was unceremoniously sidelined by a fly by night loanee centre back ?
Adams is charged with keeping a team spirit, and cannot so easily drop a regular and contracted player for a whippersnapper loanee after results going our way. He obviously will be able to start Boateng now in the next game. These are the sort of problems that arise when there are too man loans.

and that stll doesnt explain why dithering del didnt bring him on when mchugh wasnt on form. Shezza was murdered many times on forums for his inability to change things in a game to better our chances or leaves it too late for a player to make any impact... i dont see any difference with del bhey over the season.
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 9:23 pm

Get your own players chums, our two goal hero is the next one to come through the ranks, he will do us proud and will move on leaving us with a shedload of cash.

Your players go through the motions, wash their hands and then return to their parent clubs leaving you with Sweet Derek Adams.

Get wise, it's really a no brainer, still, thanks for the six points! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 9:25 pm

Sturtz wrote:
Get your own players chums, our two goal hero is the next one to come through the ranks, he will do us proud and will move on leaving us with a shedload of cash.

Your players go through the motions, wash their hands and then return to their parent clubs leaving you with Sweet Derek Adams.

Get wise, it's really a no brainer, still, thanks for the six points! Very Happy

preaching to the wrong group sturtz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next