Freathy
Les Miserable
Dick Trickle
Czarcasm
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 10:05 am

Thanks Tring, Pompey here we come parteeeeee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 10:43 am

Angry wrote:
anynews on bbc1? has he become a real friend or had the pint of shame poured over him?
I couldn't find him on the terrace yesterday, from the picture on GOS it looks like he was in the seats to the right of the away end.
Only 4 more games for me.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 10:45 am

alannotivvy wrote:
Thanks Tring, Pompey here we come parteeeeee

Don't have to tell you I know but at least by drinking enough and having a laugh with your mates, the painful reality of what the club has become is blurred.
Enjoy and stay safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 10:56 am

Thats the way i see it Tring
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 11:11 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:
Adams had no choice but to play an unchanged team. Have we forgotten the damge done to team spirit when Seip was unceremoniously sidelined by a fly by night loanee centre back ?
Adams is charged with keeping a team spirit, and cannot so easily drop a regular and contracted player for a whippersnapper loanee after results going our way. He obviously will be able to start Boateng now in the next game. These are the sort of problems that arise when there are too man loans.

and that stll doesnt explain why dithering del didnt bring him on when mchugh wasnt on form. Shezza was murdered many times on forums for his inability to change things in a game to better our chances or leaves it too late for a player to make any impact... i dont see any difference with del bhey over the season.

Read his first line and have a think,ponder it. We were winning up until 80 minutes who do you upset to play the new loanee? Adams has had the rug pulled from under him not only before the season started but from then on in, have you forgotten January? We've gone from being no hopers a month ago to flirting with the automatics on the back of borrowing Matt who has scored in 60% of the games he's played in. I was wrong about that bit of business and don't mind admitting it. Adams saw it, same as with Carey, Wilde, Boateng, Brunt and now Matt. Adams is the real deal, shame he's operating with a budget akin to a club with 2000 regulars as the other 7500 are paying for architects, planning advisors and a few sweetners aimed at his pension fund. Feck me but youre fickle.

In answer to your crap question,  yes you do for the benefit of 3 points which wins games not how hard you try or what it says stats wise they get you nothing. its been lots of times before and will be done again.

The seip incident biro mentioned was all down to luggy's pisspoor man management skills not the dropping of a 1st teamer for a loanee. it was due to luggy telling seip to play through a hernia which he needed to have operated on while taking injections for the pain as he was badly needed for the team only to then drop him after he agreed to do that for the team for anderson who was shite. I backed Seip then and i still do now.

McHugh by all accounts wasn't on form today i dont know how much of that is true i wasnt there so others may or will say different but none the less he still not 100% fitness wise so yes Boateng should have come on for him but adams choose not too and paid the price for it again.

Adams has managed to get half a team of full time players to gel occasionally with a greater number of loanees, he's had injuries to key players in his already threadbare squad, a few of us older boys predicted what would have happened amd its a miracle weve been autos this long, blame Brent not Adams if he'd been given the same budget as our promotion rivals we'd piss this league you feckin sheep.

im the sheep im the only not kissing del bheys arse on here tonight, lay off the sauce and go sleep it off  lol! lol! lol!

Who said I was pissed? I suppose it's better than being told that I'm mentally ill, on medication ect. Maybe you could try a counter argument? Ask a grown up what that means. It's funny that you think I'm pissed when I make much more sense than you ever do.

does that huge chip on your shoulder come with dip? i refuse to debate with you ever, liars are the lowest of the low. I rather the mods finally stopped your persistent trolling in truth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 11:19 am

alannotivvy wrote:
My brief synopsis

In Shitty early, met a few of the ND Greens (had some beers), met the Banabus lads (had a few beers), met Bandwagon (had a few beers).  Managed to get in the ground (seated right behind Argyles dugout),  
Had a pasty (crap pastry).  Told Hiram to give 'em ell (obviously didnt work ).

Argyle score.  We celebrate. Punches thrown. We're chucked out.

Off to the pub (more beers).  Argyle lose (More beers).

Train back to Parkway ( G&T at the Merrimeade).

Back home, the girlie takes the piss.

at least you saw a goal before you got thrown out Laughing Laughing

BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:
anynews on bbc1? has he become a real friend or had the pint of shame poured over him?
I couldn't find him on the terrace yesterday, from the picture on GOS it looks like he was in the seats to the right of the away end.

and you wore a waterproof coat for nothing lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 11:28 am

Angry wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:
My brief synopsis

In Shitty early, met a few of the ND Greens (had some beers), met the Banabus lads (had a few beers), met Bandwagon (had a few beers).  Managed to get in the ground (seated right behind Argyles dugout),  

at least you saw a goal before you got thrown out  Laughing  Laughing

BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:

I enjoyed my sober day out amongst some rather drunk friends.
They were wallowing in that defeat yesterday, whilst I was able to handle the disappointment in a different manner.
I'm sure i'll bump into IJN before the season is out, but then again maybe not.
Certainly won't be at the playoffs because if we reach that stage i'll be watching on the tv.
Sell my ticket for top dollar. lol!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 11:31 am

BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:
He was hiding behind a pasty! jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 11:32 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:
He was hiding behind a pasty! jocolor
The pre match search obviously wasn't that good for those oldies in the cheap seats lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 11:35 am

BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:
My brief synopsis

at least you saw a goal before you got thrown out  Laughing  Laughing

BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:

I enjoyed my sober day out amongst some rather drunk friends.
They were wallowing in that defeat yesterday, whilst I was able to handle the disappointment in a different manner.
I'm sure i'll bump into IJN before the season is out, but then again maybe not.
Certainly won't be at the playoffs because if we reach that stage i'll be watching on the tv.
Sell my ticket for top dollar. lol!

he wont leave the directors box for nothing in fear webb will nick his seat, so i would say your as safe as houses at home park cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:28 pm

Angry wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:
Adams had no choice but to play an unchanged team. Have we forgotten the damge done to team spirit when Seip was unceremoniously sidelined by a fly by night loanee centre back ?
Adams is charged with keeping a team spirit, and cannot so easily drop a regular and contracted player for a whippersnapper loanee after results going our way. He obviously will be able to start Boateng now in the next game. These are the sort of problems that arise when there are too man loans.

and that stll doesnt explain why dithering del didnt bring him on when mchugh wasnt on form. Shezza was murdered many times on forums for his inability to change things in a game to better our chances or leaves it too late for a player to make any impact... i dont see any difference with del bhey over the season.

Read his first line and have a think,ponder it. We were winning up until 80 minutes who do you upset to play the new loanee? Adams has had the rug pulled from under him not only before the season started but from then on in, have you forgotten January? We've gone from being no hopers a month ago to flirting with the automatics on the back of borrowing Matt who has scored in 60% of the games he's played in. I was wrong about that bit of business and don't mind admitting it. Adams saw it, same as with Carey, Wilde, Boateng, Brunt and now Matt. Adams is the real deal, shame he's operating with a budget akin to a club with 2000 regulars as the other 7500 are paying for architects, planning advisors and a few sweetners aimed at his pension fund. Feck me but youre fickle.

In answer to your crap question,  yes you do for the benefit of 3 points which wins games not how hard you try or what it says stats wise they get you nothing. its been lots of times before and will be done again.

The seip incident biro mentioned was all down to luggy's pisspoor man management skills not the dropping of a 1st teamer for a loanee. it was due to luggy telling seip to play through a hernia which he needed to have operated on while taking injections for the pain as he was badly needed for the team only to then drop him after he agreed to do that for the team for anderson who was shite. I backed Seip then and i still do now.

McHugh by all accounts wasn't on form today i dont know how much of that is true i wasnt there so others may or will say different but none the less he still not 100% fitness wise so yes Boateng should have come on for him but adams choose not too and paid the price for it again.

Adams has managed to get half a team of full time players to gel occasionally with a greater number of loanees, he's had injuries to key players in his already threadbare squad, a few of us older boys predicted what would have happened amd its a miracle weve been autos this long, blame Brent not Adams if he'd been given the same budget as our promotion rivals we'd piss this league you feckin sheep.

im the sheep im the only not kissing del bheys arse on here tonight, lay off the sauce and go sleep it off  lol! lol! lol!

Who said I was pissed? I suppose it's better than being told that I'm mentally ill, on medication ect. Maybe you could try a counter argument? Ask a grown up what that means. It's funny that you think I'm pissed when I make much more sense than you ever do.

does that huge chip on your shoulder come with dip? i refuse to debate with you ever, liars are the lowest of the low. I rather the mods finally stopped your persistent trolling in truth.

I'm trying to talk about the football and I get accused of being pissed, on meds, having mental illness ect? Is this really needed? Now I get the liar tab and total avoidance of an argument. This is a forum that's what it's for. Who the feck is trolling? Read this attempt at a convo back and maybe you'll relise what a prick you look. If you don't want to talk about the football then delete your account or block me. As for the insults don't say anything on here you're not prepared to say to a mans face there's a good chap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

I'm trying to talk about the football and I get accused of being pissed, on meds, having mental illness ect? Is this really needed? Now I get the liar tab and total avoidance of an argument. This is a forum that's what it's for. Who the feck is trolling? Read this attempt at a convo back and maybe you'll relise what a prick you look. If you don't want to talk about the football then delete your account or block me. As for the insults don't say anything on here you're not prepared to say to a mans face there's a good chap.

i refuse to discuss the colour of an orange with you let alone football. Just put me on your block list like i have you and stop trolling and boring me with your persistent lying and false claims. I am so not interested in a word you type go bore others with your wacky ways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:41 pm

How can you see my replies if you've blocked me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

becasue strangely enough my mods powers allow me to do that

sarcasm

Last edited by Angry on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Angry wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

Its OK Hamster I get that daily from Missus, Kids (men), workmates, lady in the garage (well think she's a lady but being in Cornwall?) even the bank manager thought I was a crayon short last week when moving some cash about. The footy? I'm a 50 year man and I don't think I have ever felt so deflated on a Sunday morning than I do today. Some say McHugh was off form - well watching the highlights (that word itself will probably trigger a visit from trading standards) just prior to the winning goal he lost possession in midfield and just lay there watching when normally he wouldn't lost possession and if by chance he did he would be up and chasing. Rant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 3:47 pm

Angry wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

becasue strangely enough my mods powers allow me to do that

sarcasm

The truth at last.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 1:17 pm

Adams sounds a bit of a baby in his post-match interview. If we were that dominant, we should have killed the game.

It can't be fluke that we've given away soft late goals against Crawley, Stanley and Exeter in recent weeks.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 3:15 pm

This giving away of late goals is developing into a worrying trend and has cost us dearly in the past few weeks.

No doubt the knives will be out for Adams if it carries on.

But, looking on the bright side, it's still in our own hands - just about. No more slip ups though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 5:47 pm

How can it be Adam's fault ? From most accounts, Argyle were the better team on Saturday for virtually the whole match. The first goal was a terrible mistake of McCormick's. Nothing to do with Adams.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 5:51 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
This giving away of late goals is developing into a worrying trend and has cost us dearly in the past few weeks.

No doubt the knives will be out for Adams if it carries on.

But, looking on the bright side, it's still in our own hands - just about. No more slip ups though.

Do Argyle really need to be chopping and changing a manager every 18-24 months, whether through a sacking or resignation. It is his first season here and I believe he has done OK in the circumstances.

If Argyle do not go up and that could be spot on too, one would hope DA can build on from this season and do better next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 5:59 pm

While Team Jimmy are round, there will never be a manager in the country good enough to serve under the great philanthropist. The whole Argyle thing is liable to become quite perverse if they don't go up, with agendas around every corner.
And there's not a local council in the South West either, that has the ability to stay with the blistering pace and out of this world developments devised by the master.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 6:14 pm

Not saying it's Adams' fault, simply that he sounded like a petulant child in his interview. Equally though, it's not Brent's fault the players can't seem to defend or build on a lead in the last 10 minutes of a game.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 6:21 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
How can it be Adam's fault ? From most accounts, Argyle were the better team on Saturday for virtually the whole match. The first goal was a terrible mistake of McCormick's. Nothing to do with Adams.

I'm not for one minute saying it's the manager's fault, he's the best we've had down here since Holloway, in my view.

But you know how it goes, the blame for failure has to be put somewhere and it certainly can't be Lord James of Brent. The disciples will be sharpening their knives awaiting instructions.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 5:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Frank Bullitt on Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : by Frank to fit page (cheers LB))
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 7:33 am

100% brents fault. We were as high as we were all season despite brent. DA has said he doesn't even have the financial backing for a core squad. This combined with demotivated players who don't know where they stand re their contracts is the reason for the inevitable collapse of our season.

Under brent we'll be fourth division shit for years to come - if we're lucky.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread   EXETER V ARGYLE  Match Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

EXETER V ARGYLE Match Thread
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next