Who is to blame ? Vote_lcap14%Who is to blame ? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 51

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 5:12 pm

Vote !

Last edited by Elias on Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 5:27 pm

If we're having a vote, at least make it literate!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 5:51 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmm, that was a tough choice. jocolor
Back to top Go down

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 6:09 pm

what a bias poll lol
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 6:14 pm

Shorely it's the fault of the apathetic Janner?
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 6:37 pm

I blame Dereck Adams nothing to do with the Eton Misor or his directors box, trust undermining pint chucking deep-throating jamboys.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 6:41 pm

Dont blame it on the spotlight dont blame it on the moonlight blame it on the Brenty! sunny
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 7:39 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Dont blame it on the spotlight dont blame it on the moonlight blame it on the Brenty! sunny
lol! i for one cant till he moonwalks all the way out of the club for good
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 7:41 pm

Brent 1000000%.

Adams is working with one hand tied behind his back.

If Brent can't give Adams the support he needs to get us out of this division then he should put the club up for sale.
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 8:09 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Brent 1000000%.

If Brent can't give Adams the support he needs to get us out of this division then he should put the club up for sale.

I may be wrong but didn't Brent say that he'd take it if nobody else wanted it? Are there some new buyer on the market now then, some Cornish oil sheik perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 8:50 pm

Sturtz wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Brent 1000000%.

I may be wrong but didn't Brent say that he'd take it if nobody else wanted it? Are there some new buyer on the market now then, some Cornish oil sheik perhaps?

There was an article in Brent's Herald about Brent being approached mutliple times by investors.

He turned them down.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 10:20 pm

Come on down "arry"
Please,anyone please buy the twat out.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 7:44 am

Brent should sell up and get out foreshore.

Problem I have with this poll though is that when we were top and cruising, nobody on here, rightly, praised Brent. Now we're 4th and sliding, its ALL his fault? Just seems a bit duplicitous.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 8:05 am

Do it on the cheap tory boy brent is 100% to blame for the disgraceful state of the the club both on and off the field. Cheap gash loans and demotivation of players due to contract uncertainties all down to brent. DA will be off in the summer to a proper club with a proper owner.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 8:42 am

nzgreen wrote:

Problem I have with this poll though is that when we were top and cruising, nobody on here, rightly, praised Brent. Now we're 4th and sliding, its ALL his fault? Just seems a bit duplicitous.

There was nothing to praise him for in my opinion.

If people on pasoti are blaming Adams for the slump to 4th and not the lack of money in January to improve the team on the owner, then us being top and cruising was down to Adams and Adams only.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 8:47 am

nzgreen wrote:

Not really Kiwi. The buck has to rest somewhere or future problems of underachievement never get solved. If the stock of the person at the top were just to follow the tides, then we might as well have anyone occupying the position, or better still, have no one.
He's an underwriter, that's his only function that is useful. He is getting paid handsomely for it in different ways, but should be kept well away from running the club, even if it is only half a day a week. It's like having an insurance company running the thing.
We have all seen that bootball in particular is a business that can benefit massively from judicious investment at the right time by the right owner. He, patently, is not. He is occuping/squating  THE most important position a club can have, after the manager, the 14th man to quote bootball lingo ( Jonah Fletcher was the 13th man ). The competition benefit from that certain sort of owner, so it puts us at a disadvantage. The manager is patently good enough looking at his career record.

If his leaving cleared out the rest of the grime that have turned Home Park into Toad Hall, then the mission would be complete.
Back to top Go down

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 10:11 am

Sturtz wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Brent 1000000%.

You are wrong. There were other parties interested, none of whom were afforded the generous conditions for takeover which was effectively subsidised by the council and they were allegedly scared off by certain interested parties. This was noted in the post administration report by P and A.

The club is for sale and people are interested but not at the money Brent wants for it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 10:56 am

That's sort of true and sort of not true.

There was interest elsewhere - most widely documented and advanced was that of Buttivant but others (dismissed at the time as "tyrekickers" but who knows?) lurked about whom we know little regarding the sincerity of their interest -  and they withdrew or were rebutted with internet hostility being cited in the P&A documents.

Nobody seemed to want to put up any money though. Eventually Brent bunged £100,000 in and a CVA was accepted at which point Heaney bunged a bigger sum (£300,000 rings a bell but it might have been £1m - I forget to be honest) which gazumped Brent by providing a little working capital on top of the £100K and bought him exclusivity as preferred bidder.

In due course Heaney's bid collapsed and Brent moved back in with his £100K to complete before another of P&A's deadlines arrived and so he can rightly be acclaimed as "having saved the club" unless you dismiss the P&A deadline as being irrelevant on the basis that none of their others amounted to much in which case if it wasn't him it might have been somebody else in due course.

Where Brent undeniably deserves credit is for driving the deal through so quickly. Once he was in the chair things got done double pronto and it is hard to imagine that somebody else could have done it any quicker.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 12:05 pm

Freathy wrote:
Do it on the cheap tory boy brent is 100% to blame for the disgraceful state of the the club both on and off the field.  Cheap gash loans and demotivation of players due to contract uncertainties all down to brent.  DA will be off in the summer to a proper club with a proper owner.

BRENT OUT NOW

Sad but probably true.
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 12:50 pm

Bang on once again Freathy
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 3:33 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
nzgreen wrote:

If people on pasoti are blaming Adams for the slump to 4th and not the lack of money in January to improve the team on the owner, then us being top and cruising was down to Adams and Adams only.

Its bloody brents fault we re still in division 4th.......strewth.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 6:02 pm

Elias wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
nzgreen wrote:

I agree.

Brent says Argyle need to get back to the Championship, well I see no evidence of that so far. All I see is the same old shite and that is basement league football. You can also add to that equation the on-going Grandstand fiasco and the shabby state of Home Park and the pitch.

I did say at the start of the season that I believed Argyle would finish in 5th place, as it stands at the moment, I would take 4th place. I do not think they will drop out of the Play-Off area either and having said , I can see them coming up short in a Play-Off Semi-Final again, leaving yet another season in League Two to not look forward to.

I can't blame Adams as he is working with a small budget and restraints. We were all guilty of being swept up in the hype of Argyle being top (or second) for sometime.

Had Argyle recruited properly in January, things could have looked different today and in a good position with nine to go ?.

Over the road they are saying that the pressure is on Bristol Rovers to stay in 3rd place, I disagree, I think Bristol Rovers will take that automatic promotion place, what with the run-in they have.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 6:25 pm

How does brenty bhey think 2 promotions will be achieved !
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 6:30 pm

Elias wrote:
How does brenty bhey think 2 promotions will be achieved !

Only he would know the answer to that.

He either puts some cash in to achieve promotion from L2, then L1 or he sells the club to someone who can get Argyle on the correct track. Both scenarios seem as distant as can be right now.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 8:11 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Elias wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
nzgreen wrote:

I agree.

Brent says Argyle need to get back to the Championship, well I see no evidence of that so far. All I see is the same old shite and that is basement league football. You can also add to that equation the on-going Grandstand fiasco and the shabby state of Home Park and the pitch.

I did say at the start of the season that I believed Argyle would finish in 5th place, as it stands at the moment, I would take 4th place. I do not think they will drop out of the Play-Off area either and having said , I can see them coming up short in a Play-Off Semi-Final again, leaving yet another season in League Two to not look forward to.

I can't blame Adams as he is working with a small budget and restraints. We were all guilty of being swept up in the hype of Argyle being top (or second) for sometime.

Had Argyle recruited properly in January, things could have looked different today and in a good position with nine to go ?.

Over the road they are saying that the pressure is on Bristol Rovers to stay in 3rd place, I disagree, I think Bristol Rovers will take that automatic promotion place, what with the run-in they have.

I think it's more to do with momentum and belief than fixture list. Right now we're blessed with little of either whereas Rovers have them both by the truck load.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

Who is to blame ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is to blame ?   Who is to blame ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is to blame ?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next