Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Been Away? I Don't Blame You. Here's what has gone on...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Been Away? I Don't Blame You. Here's what has gone on... Empty
PostSubject: Been Away? I Don't Blame You. Here's what has gone on...   Been Away? I Don't Blame You. Here's what has gone on... EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:13 am

9/04/13 – John Sheridan agrees to stay as manager and signs a three-year contract.

30/04/13 – New contracts have been offered to Bhasera, Branston, Cole and Hourihane. Gurrieri and Wotton also get rewarded for storing personal information on FlickR. True to most of the shizz at Home Park, they must have had something on someone to get a new deal.

Players released: Charles, Chenoweth, Lowry, Sims, and Feeney. Feeney has been offered a pre-season trial to earn a new deal. Rumours are that he too has a FlickR dossier.

Transfer listed: Nick Chadwick and Rene Gilmartin. Thank feck.

01/05/13 – Worst assistant manager ever (& decent former 'keeper) Larrieu leaves the club, Nancekivell also departs as well as chief scout Joe 'who' Taylor, the evidently terrible fitness coach Simon Raynes and "why the feck did we ever need a" psychologist Claire Thackeray. Nancekivell has been offered a role with the club’s Academy.

03/05/13 – Gary Owers signs a new deal to be a permanent part of the coaching team.

Branston signs a one-year contract.

The club deny reports they are in contract talks with Luke McCormick. Thankfully the club never go back on their word.

James Brent gives an interview to the Herald promoting the proposed new grandstand; a glitzy new CGI image is displayed, and judging by it's professionalism it was possibly drawn up by an industry professional like Jamesy_Design. The £10 million grandstand will have around 4,800 seats and leave Home Park with a capacity of 17,700 and will apparently generate between £1m and £2m per year of net additional income, although where these figures have come from is unknown - and where that income will go is even murkier.

08/05/13 – Argyle are placed second for the "best match-day programme in League Two" award for last season. It must be all those forewords from Fletch early in the season; "Erm, err, ya know, lads ya know worked hard"

09/05/13 – Paul Wotton signs a one-year contract that also includes a coaching role with the Academy set-up.

Luke McCormick returns to Argyle and signs a one-year deal. Hold on, didn't the club say otherwise all of four days ago?! This can't be right, fore shorely...

11/05/13 – The AFT Working Group, consisting of industry professionals, give an interview to the Herald outlining their alternative proposals for the new grandstand which won't see the ground permanently hemmed in by Nandos and Pizza Hut.

12/05/13 - Argyle win the inaugural FA Disability Cup following a 7-0 win over Boston United. Have that, Pilgrims!

14/05/13 - James Brent responds the only way he knows (like a baby) to the alternative proposal from the AFT Working Group for extra seats in the grandstand at a cost of £800,000. James Brent and his Akkeron team say the extra seats will actually cost £2.62 million. Crumbs I'm beginning to despair with this despicable land-grabber.

15/05/13 - James Brent gives an interview to the Herald and reveals that nearly 1,000 full-time jobs will be created when developments at Higher Home Park and the Plymouth Pavilions site are completed with 400 at the HHP site. Also 1,500 construction workers will be employed across both sites. Unverifiable figures from a man and team used to throwing things out there, but if the Herald would print it it must be true.

16/05/13 - Akos Buzsaky tells the Herald he would like to return to Argyle one day but believes when fit he will sign for a higher league club in the UK or abroad. Cue him signing for Morecambe next week.

17/05/13 - Former Argyle director Robert Dennerly, who had been suffering from cancer, sadly passed away.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Been Away? I Don't Blame You. Here's what has gone on...
Page 1 of 1