Freathy
Czarcasm
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
General_Rastus

General_Rastus

Mentor for Fletcher - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:23 am

penzancepirate wrote:
Lleaving the technicalities of it aside, I don't think we have to bother about the 20% shareholding, Peggy. The last effort, when we were all loved up with the helium of the NWO, we managed a humungous £17K.

I'm sure members of the Contingency Plan have talked glowingly and volunteered by proxy hundreds of thousands of our money. Brent will soon see how out of touch their thoughts are. Not many in today's cynical and more informed world will be taken in by this. Of course, what it does do is tie up any possibility of a real INDEPENDENT trust emerging over the net few years. In that way it is backward step and even less independent than the Development Trust that was so badly treated recently after gaining hard fought for and treasured independence.

Have to say and many won't agree but the Argyle board should forget all this nonsense about trusts and fanfests and bringing so called fans onto the board....

Directors should be directors with no outside influence.

Brent is just running around in circles trying to appease everyone but forgetting the main issue which is to retain League status.....

Unless these trusts and fanfests are going to input 2-3 million with immediate effect than they should be dropped forthwith-sorry !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:37 am

General_Rastus wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
Lleaving the technicalities of it aside, I don't think we have to bother about the 20% shareholding, Peggy. The last effort, when we were all loved up with the helium of the NWO, we managed a humungous £17K.

I'm sure members of the Contingency Plan have talked glowingly and volunteered by proxy hundreds of thousands of our money. Brent will soon see how out of touch their thoughts are. Not many in today's cynical and more informed world will be taken in by this. Of course, what it does do is tie up any possibility of a real INDEPENDENT trust emerging over the net few years. In that way it is backward step and even less independent than the Development Trust that was so badly treated recently after gaining hard fought for and treasured independence.

Have to say and many won't agree but the Argyle board should forget all this nonsense about trusts and fanfests and bringing so called fans onto the board....

Directors should be directors with no outside influence.

Brent is just running around in circles trying to appease everyone but forgetting the main issue which is to retain League status.....

Unless these trusts and fanfests are going to input 2-3 million with immediate effect than they should be dropped forthwith-sorry !!

What would you do with an immediate input of 2 - 3 million?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:52 am

Well the first thing I'll say is the acoustics were pretty crap where I was sitting, as close to Nooly as I could get Smile and I'm really berating myself this morning as I thought it would be difficult to get a question in I had my hand up before I'd properly thought the question out so I just asked JB if this meant CF had his unconditional support, to which he replied "every employee is always kept under review". What I should have asked is:-

Does the appointment of a mentor mean CF can't do the job?
How does a mentor work, when does he become a "de facto" manager, who gets the credit or takes the brickbats?
Won't it confuse the players, simple souls that their twitter accounts suggest they are, as to whose instructions to follow?
Do we have the time to bed this system in?

My second question was how much would it cost the Trust to take up the 20% share, and would that give them a place on the statutory board?

The answer to the second bit was an unequivical no, fair enough.
The answer to the first was difficult to follow due to said acoustics and there was no monetary value quoted, just something about an"arms length" holding.TBH I didn't know if this meant the holding would be gifted to the Trust or not.

JB took a very firm line on honesty, integrity, sportsmanship and not cheating our way out of trouble. All very laudable but leads me to think we'll probably be operating at a disadvantage to those who will be more "creative" in their interpretation of "the rules".

The most interesting snippet was a tantalising overheard "if that had ever got out there would have been hell to pay" from Nooly to Mark Russell and other chums, unfortunately I wasn't intentionally eavesdropping so don't have a clue what he was reffering to Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:57 am

Just to add the only thing that cheered me was when the 3 new board members introduced themselves and outlined what they offered going forward only PJ struck the right note saying that there was 3 immediate priorities

Survival...survival and survival.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:07 am

greenjock wrote:
GAS Board to have 7 members. 1 from GT'S 1from Trust, 1 from combined supporters groups, 4 from fanbase with Trust to run the elections

So...

GT's - 1
PAFC Fans Trust - 1
Combined Supporters Groups - 1
Fan Base - 4

What exactly is the context of the "Fan Base"?

So if I was a member of the GT's, the Trust, a supporters group and whatever this "Fan Base" is, I would in effect have four votes and four representatives?

I still cannot understand what someone or group would hope to achieve that they could not achieve under the umbrella of the Trust?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:15 am

GOB wrote:
greenjock wrote:
GAS Board to have 7 members. 1 from GT'S 1from Trust, 1 from combined supporters groups, 4 from fanbase with Trust to run the elections

So...

GT's - 1
PAFC Fans Trust - 1
Combined Supporters Groups - 1
Fan Base - 4

What exactly is the context of the "Fan Base"?

So if I was a member of the GT's, the Trust, a supporters group and whatever this "Fan Base" is, I would in effect have four votes and four representatives?

I still cannot understand what someone or group would hope to achieve that they could not achieve under the umbrella of the Trust?

That point was well made by Peter Ryan, backed by Damon Lenzer and self. A lot of waffle about the unrepresented and a vote (overseen by the trust) at a match. Tony Chowell (again) urged more use of the ST holder database.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:24 am

Just remembered another point..... it was said, in response to a question about planning for relegation, that we would deal with eventuality if and when it arose but that certain contracts were being drawn up with that in mind.

And Charlie you must have been within hand-shaking distance of me! I sat there by accident before I realised who was in the vicinity. Still, it was nice after it was all over to step up and say hello to Zee. I could tell you about the overheard shock horror info I picked up from a conversation between the GTs sat in front and beside me at one point. But that would be mean.... Smile

Also I was very struck by the very big bouncer who stood in front of the stage throughout. I couldn't help thinking that even if they thought one was necessary, surely it could have been done more discretely. He nodded enthusiastically at the complaints about the stewarding at HP.
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:47 am

a 20% stake is meaningless though im pretty sure you can only block a proposal if you own a 30% stake
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:44 pm

O'Driscoll will be appointed inside a week as director of football or in a similar role, Very reliable source
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:09 pm

I read on pasoti that SOD was in the directors' box yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:06 am

Herald/ WMN reporting that O'Driscoll is heavily linked with the mentor role (but no official confirmation).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:00 pm

If it happens, fingers crossed, let's hope everyone up at HP actually realises he's the manager!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:34 am

Any news yet ?
The longer this delay, the more some folk will think they are hanging back to allow time for a Warnock decision
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:37 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Any news yet ?
The longer this delay, the more some folk will think they are hanging back to allow time for a Warnock decision

It's going to be O'Driscoll, PP. I was told within a week on sunday from a very very reliable source
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mentor for Fletcher
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2