Nick
Bodmin Tew
Freathy
Czarcasm
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Mentor for Fletcher Empty
PostSubject: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:52 am

First news from the summit, Carl Fletcher has asked for help and JB has approved a mentor and advisor with an appointment soon.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:02 am

greenjock wrote:
First news from the summit, Carl Fletcher has asked for help and JB has approved a mentor and advisor with an appointment soon.

In real terms that is:-

Carl Fletcher admits he's not up to it, but still Brent won't get a proper manager in. Sad

I despair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:03 am

Peter Jones on the new board, along with David Felwick of John Lewis partnership and Richard Holliday who helped finance the Emirates Stadium, still no mention of Porky
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:07 am

David Felwick is an interesting one.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:09 am

This is shit! SACK FLETCHER NOW!!!!

BRENT OUT!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:09 am

Green Army Supervisory Board, Independant body run by fans, to meet with the board. Brent offers fans trust 20% share in club.
Back to top Go down
Bodmin Tew

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:10 am

greenjock wrote:
Peter Jones on the new board, along with David Felwick of John Lewis partnership and Richard Holliday who helped finance the Emirates Stadium, still no mention of Porky

Certainly well qualified. Felwick ex DHS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:16 am

Very pleased with this tweet from the Trust:

The Argyle Trust wrote:
Both supervisory board & share offering will be looked at v closely & we want to fully consult members on options before we respond.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:18 am

GAS Board to have 7 members. 1 from GT'S 1from Trust, 1 from combined supporters groups, 4 from fanbase with Trust to run the elections
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:23 am

greenjock wrote:
Green Army Supervisory Board, Independant body run by fans, to meet with the board. Brent offers fans trust 20% share in club.

So basically he wants any Trust money in his company's bank acount. The trust would be mad to go along with that, but they will.
Nothing more than what Todd cheekily tried to do with his share issue that raised 17K

Last edited by penzancepirate on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:26 am

Question from Ian Newell "When does the buffet come out?"
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:59 am

Bodmin Tew wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Damn. I've got the school song in my head now. Altogether now...

Tis of our school,
The High we sing,
For her we'll spend both strength and brain,
so that her praises far may ring...

And I get a discount on fancy tablecloths from the JL Homeware department
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:07 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
greenjock wrote:

So basically he wants any Trust money in his company's bank acount. The trust would be mad to go along with that, but they will.
Nothing more than what Todd cheekily tried to do with his share issue that raised 17K

I'd don't really understand your argument here, PP. Are you saying its too small a percentage to be significant and that it should be all or nothing for the Trust? Surely it's not as simple as the money sitting in Akkeron's account, but then I know next to nothing about this sort of financial thing. What about later down the line when Brent does one?

I was reading the Norwich City Trust's website the other day and their sole raison d'etre is the buying of shares.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:33 pm

Why do you think Todd asked for £2m of the fans' money a couple of years ago, when he and his mate Gardner weren't pepared to buy any more shares themselves, but instead gave profitable loans to the club that were far more secure than the shares that people held.
A minority share holding is pointless without certain safeguards, and would forever tie a Trust to the whims of the current owner.
I note that it is below certain limits for special voting circumstances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:45 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Why do you think Todd asked for £2m of the fans' money a couple of years ago, when he and his mate Gardner weren't pepared to buy any more shares themselves, but instead gave profitable loans to the club that were far more secure than the shares that people held.
A minority share holding is pointless without certain safeguards, and would forever tie a Trust to the whims of the current owner.

If you had been there you would have heard the message properly and not based your hasty opinion on Chinese Whispers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:55 pm

greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

If you had been there you would have heard the message properly and not based your hasty opinion on Chinese Whispers

And when I see a fuller account, I can give more of my opinion.
It still doesn't take away from the fact that company law allows "special" voting to take place with 75% of the shareholding. 20% has been offered ..... cynical or welcoming ? Why didn't he say 30 % if he's that determined for proper fan involvment. It all saves him having to invest in the club.
That was my view months ago when this idea was first muted, it still is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:59 pm

greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

I doubt if the underlying message would be any different. This 'fan involvement' he speaks of merely means he wants them to cough up =The big society
Back to top Go down
Bodmin Tew

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Bogsider wrote:
greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

I doubt if the underlying message would be any different. This 'fan involvement' he speaks of merely means he wants them to cough up =The big society

How do you know?

When did we stop giving people a chance and then criticise the actions if necessary, rather than doubt everyone's motives?

I've not seen anything to doubt his intensions. If it doesn't work, or there were more sinister plans then so be it. Until then why don't we applaud someone trying to improve the football club. He wants to engage the supporters, the council and the local community. I don't see what is wrong with that as an aim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:29 pm

He wants to improve the football club for sure, but he wont be paying for it or even investing in it.

Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 2:29 pm

greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

GG, why doesn't Brent just "give" the Trust the 20%.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:14 pm

Nick wrote:
Bodmin Tew wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Damn. I've got the school song in my head now. Altogether now...

Tis of our school,
The High we sing,
For her we'll spend both strength and brain,
so that her praises far may ring...

And I get a discount on fancy tablecloths from the JL Homeware department

So do I! cheers

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:14 pm

The new directors have impressive backgrounds, but so did Gardner and Todd, so I'll give them time to see whether they are do-ers or talkers.Not sure what to make of the Trust offer-what sort of value would 20% equate to?

I see that Brent re-iterated that no student accomodation would be built and planning permission is being sought for a hotel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:50 pm

Indeed. Good to see that ludicrous profiteering idea of Todd's finally put to bed, what a cheeky arrogant little man he was., a VERY welcome and intelligent statement... you don't build a community spirit by erecting blocks of flats in precious city green space.
The pavillion music thing still worries me, but in a way that is more an issue of the Council intentions and what they would want to do... that's where the battle for that lies. There are other sites in the city crying out for development of such a replacement.

It's hard for someone like Brent to satisfy someone like me, but all in all, Brent's statement was quite satisfying in several areas, well, if I forget the actual football that is.
And as for integrity ............ bring it on... yes please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:46 am

penzancepirate wrote:
It's hard for someone like Brent to satisfy someone like me, but all in all, Brent's statement was quite satisfying in several areas, well, if I forget the actual football that is.
And as for integrity ............ bring it on... yes please.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

A mentor for Fletch: great, bring it on - and all power to the the man himself for asking for it.

Board members: pleased about the return of Peter Jones, a man of integrity and principle.

Not entirely happy with the makeup of the GAS board, though: why only one seat for the Trust, which has the potential to represent a huge proportion of the fanbase? And why a seat for the GTs, who by their own admission don't claim to represent anybody?

And no, I'm not swayed by the argument that all members of the GAS board might turn out to be Trust members: they might well be, but they won't be there elected by and representing the Trust - they'll have their own constituencies.

I'm reserving judgement on the 20% share offer for now: there's so many pros and cons.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:17 am

Lleaving the technicalities of it aside, I don't think we have to bother about the 20% shareholding, Peggy. The last effort, when we were all loved up with the helium of the NWO, we managed a humungous £17K.

I'm sure members of the Contingency Plan have talked glowingly and volunteered by proxy hundreds of thousands of our money. Brent will soon see how out of touch their thoughts are. Not many in today's cynical and more informed world will be taken in by this. Of course, what it does do is tie up any possibility of a real INDEPENDENT trust emerging over the net few years. In that way it is backward step and even less independent than the Development Trust that was so badly treated recently after gaining hard fought for and treasured independence.
This will basically be just another bucket rattling to pay off the bills of the owners, but this time under the banner of a Trust.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mentor for Fletcher   Mentor for Fletcher Empty

Back to top Go down

Mentor for Fletcher
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next