Richard Blight
Tgwu
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 9:44 am

Ps........How sad is Morrison clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 10:07 am

Tringreen wrote:
'Championship Express ' ? laugh

You don't think Argyle have a chance of winning the league then?

How predictably 'village'.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 11:14 am

Is Morrison really that unpopular with Argyle fans? I can't honestly say I have any feeling towards him other than indifference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 11:29 am

Similar character to Nool. They both like to camp up the local matches to no avail.

Atmosphere at local derbies has little or nothing to do with football. It's just old fashioned beating the bounds. Gone on for centuries, and an opportunity for young bucks and a few punchy old ones to "bleed" for their "flag of convenience"
The camping up just makes the whole exercise seem like contrived circus. clown
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 11:40 am

ejh wrote:
I sincerely hope we play the kids and reserves, even if it means losing.

The Championship express must roll on, and if we lose Reuben, Carey or Jervis to a tackle from one of those arseholes it will be naive in the extreme.

Be sensible. Important players on the bench please.

Not only that but the likes of Harvey, Cox and Purrington must be desperate for a chance to impress.

Presumably Purrington would be playing anyway as Sawyer is suspended?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 12:01 pm

If you were manager what would you do?

Keep the strongest XI possible on the pitch to hopefully keep the good run going or rest loads of players and give the fringers a game?

Normally I have always thought that this tournament was too good an opportunity to glibly pass up. We've only been to Wembley once (is this a record?) and a good cup run can only be good for morale. And this is exter afterl and we don't want to lose to them.

I think I'd still play the strongest XI I could but I'd be rather more careful about injuries and suspensions. Anybody with any sort of knock at all would be rested as would anybody nearing a suspension because there's almost sure to be a few yellows flying about and I wouldn't want anybody to miss a league game because of a card picked up in this one.

With regards to Reid in particlar I would start with him in the XI. I think he's one of those who needs as much football as he can get.

I think there's a maximium of 6 changes from the last game allowed (is that right?) so maybe play Tyler instead of Carey; Wylde by Tanner; Cox in for McHugh (a booking waiting to happen if ever there was one); Oscar in for Mellor; Purrington for Sawyer; Simpson for Boateng.

Or as you were as far as possible.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 12:24 pm

How many changes can we make? Ordinarily up to five I believe but we've already 2 enforced changes?

As for Morrison, I believe he has the hump with the twatter kids? A sad ending to a half reasonable career IMO.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 12:27 pm

I know we are top of the league but the club owe me a few good days out and a spring Wembley trip would go some way to them paying me back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 12:32 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Is Morrison really that unpopular with Argyle fans? I can't honestly say I have any feeling towards him other than indifference.

Its an act to try and endear himself to supporters so they might forget he hasn't scored for them yet.
Back to top Go down
womble

womble

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 12:41 pm

Hes just a knobhead looking to talk himself up. If he isn't popular with Argyle fans then it just shows us as superb judges of character.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 12:44 pm

Greenskin wrote:
ejh wrote:
I sincerely hope we play the kids and reserves, even if it means losing.

The Championship express must roll on, and if we lose Reuben, Carey or Jervis to a tackle from one of those arseholes it will be naive in the extreme.

Be sensible. Important players on the bench please.

Not only that but the likes of Harvey, Cox and Purrington must be desperate for a chance to impress.

Presumably Purrington would be playing anyway as Sawyer is suspended?

Yeah but the point remains, if it is a choice between Cox and Boateng,I'd  play Cox. Carey could do with a game off and Harvey is due a start, so that's another change I'd make. Is Smalley fit yet? If so bang him in for Reuben. Would be good to see Aaron Bentley given a game too, so stick him in for Nelson.

I think Adams will go with his strongest side but I'd like to see a bit of rotation. Losing a key player to injury in a paintpot game would be so frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 1:09 pm

Exeter officially the fifth best football club in Devon after a local pub team

By Plymouth Herald  |  Posted: October 06, 2015

Exeter City is officially the fifth best football club in Devon, according to Wikipedia.

The font of all true knowledge has been updated ahead of the Devon club's clash with Plymouth Argyle tonight.

The edit took place yesterday - the day before The Devon Derby game tonight in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

The first paragraph of the account has been changed to now read:

‘Exeter City Football Club is an English professional football club, based in Exeter, that plays in Football League Two, the fourth tier in the English football league system. The club is owned by the club's supporters through the Exeter City Supporters' Trust. They are the 5th best club in Devon behind Plymouth Argyle, Torquay United, Plymouth Parkway, Plymouth Argyle under 9s and the dog and duck pub.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 1:26 pm

Off to the pub early doors for this one - won't be getting a lot of work done tomorrow... drunken
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 1:28 pm

I'm not going tonight, might still go to the pub though drunken
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 1:34 pm

Wish Brent's Herald would STFU.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 1:49 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
I know we are top of the league but the club owe me a few good days out and a spring Wembley trip would go some way to them paying me back.

This, absolutely.

Also, a big well done to the Herald for that sensational scoop about somebody editing Wikipedia.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 3:22 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Exeter City is officially the fifth best football club in Devon, according to Wikipedia.

The font of all true knowledge has been updated ahead of the Devon club's clash with Plymouth Argyle tonight.

The edit took place yesterday - the day before The Devon Derby game tonight in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

‘Exeter City Football Club is an English professional football club, based in Exeter, that plays in Football League Two, the fourth tier in the English football league system. The club is owned by the club's supporters through the Exeter City Supporters' Trust. They are the 5th best club in Devon behind Plymouth Argyle, Torquay United, Plymouth Parkway, Plymouth Argyle under 9s and the dog and duck pub.

That would make them the 6th best club, making the person who made that edit a fuckwit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 4:52 pm

Tgwu wrote:

That is genuinely one of the most tragic pieces of journalism I have ever witnessed.

Did that make it to print? Jesus wept.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 4:56 pm

Handbags in the Kings Head.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 5:01 pm

king
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 5:06 pm

queen queen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 5:08 pm

ejh wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

That is genuinely one of the most tragic pieces of journalism I have ever witnessed.

Did that make it to print? Jesus wept.

i believe so as did pieface's even worse column
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 5:09 pm

The Exeter mob would've felt more at home in the Swallow foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 6:48 pm

Regrettably, thru friends/associates/work contacts, I'm currently in the company of three Exeter fans with us in the pub. I've had six pints now and I'm on the cusp of being able to stay 'moral' without being abusive.

Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Carey left out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter Match Thread
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next