Elias
Richard Blight
Tgwu
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 7:15 am

Tremendous attendance even considering it was Exeter Basketball
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 8:24 am

Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Clearly Exeter are a FAR tougher proposition than Barnet or Crawley.  And we struggled against both, particularly Barnet.

And of course with Argo big crowd plus big expectation = very big disappointment

Time to concentrate on the League

I know the lurkers are waiting for responses to the latest Freathyism and maybe I'll feed them tonight but your just so boring and as for Exeter being far tougher proposition than the above teams, feck me obviously you weren't there tonight

Yes it was an OK win against a poor Exeter side in a nothing competetion. Let's see how well we do against the SERIOUS promotion challengers like Portsmouth and Luton in the league before the jester hats and green wigs start coming out.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 8:27 am

Att for yesterday JPT

Plymouth 9,441
Oxford 9,013
Sheff utd 5,497
all other games were below 2,720

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:39 am

Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Clearly Exeter are a FAR tougher proposition than Barnet or Crawley.  And we struggled against both, particularly Barnet.

And of course with Argo big crowd plus big expectation = very big disappointment

I know the lurkers are waiting for responses to the latest Freathyism and maybe I'll feed them tonight but your just so boring and as for Exeter being far tougher proposition than the above teams, feck me obviously you weren't there tonight

Yes it was an OK win against a poor Exeter side in a nothing competetion.  Let's see how well we do against the SERIOUS promotion challengers like Portsmouth and Luton in the league before the jester hats and green wigs start coming out.

I know your negativity is carefully constructed, Freathy and you do make me laugh sometimes but the 100% cynicism simply starts to sound like a defence mechanism....'if I don't ever show any positivity, I can't be left disappointed'. As you indicate, it is early days but a record of 8 wins, 2 draws and only 3 defeats in 13 games across all competitions is a start any new manager, anywhere, would happily sell his right bollock for.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 10:12 am

And we're playing better football than I've seen at Home Park since at least the days of Buzsaky, Halmosi and the rest.

Just a shame the infrastructure off the pitch makes it obvious how tinpot we are.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 10:54 am

Just listened to the goals on GoS. What the hell is Pieface doing as co-commentator? I really pity those of you who had to listen to that for 90 minutes.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 11:11 am

TBF he wasn't bad over the course of the 90 mins.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 11:14 am

Tgwu wrote:
Att for yesterday JPT

Plymouth 9,441
Oxford      9,013
Sheff utd    5,497
all other games were below 2,720

Assume Season tickets weren't valid last night and even if we have to divi up to Exeter that was a lot of Cash flow last night
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 11:22 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
Just listened to the goals on GoS. What the hell is Pieface doing as co-commentator? I really pity those of you who had to listen to that for 90 minutes.

BBC like wasting my licence fees money to pay for shit.

Tanner's goal was special no doubt will be in the running for goal of the season for us.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 11:55 am

Cornish Chris wrote:

Looking at the same thread on Exeweb, they love Pie Face, lots sent emails to Radio Devon asking if he could commentate on all of their games Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 12:20 pm

All sorts of organisational fun and games last night. Firstly I was very late in. Was I there late? No. Did I have the right money? Yes. Did anybody else? No. Charging £17 to get in is plain stupid. The turnstile operators never have enough change and the punters all want to pay £20. The result is all sorts of chaos. Either charge £15 Or £20. Much better for everybody concerned.

Once in I was directed to the corner by the corner flag despite there being several rows of seats deliberately unoccupied.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This was presumably to try to keep the hoolies away but nobody said why or knew when asked.

So I went and perched my carcass near the front in the corner. "You can't sit there." "Why not?" No reply. So I moved back a few rows.

All very strange.

The game was something of a joy to behold. My only complaint being that we were only 1 up at halftime. Tanner's goal was a sensation. No other word for it. Stunning. (Maybe there is...)

The floodlight failure was embarassing and adds to the suspicion that we just aren't maintaining the ground properly but even with the failed pylon (which has temporary for how long now?) the pitch seemed to be well illuminated enough to carry on so far as I could tell.

The fringe players all did well.

Floodlight failure apart the result was never in question.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 12:57 pm

From last night's programme:

LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 1:01 pm

We played em off the park, superior in all parts of the pitch, most refreshing, think Adams and Brewster may have something here, but to throw in a classic footballing cliche "one game at a time".
cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 1:03 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
And we're playing better football than I've seen at Home Park since at least the days of Buzsaky, Halmosi and the rest.

Just a shame the infrastructure off the pitch makes it obvious how tinpot we are.

Agree with that Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 1:07 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

LOL!

laugh
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 1:52 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

LOL!

I happened to be reading that when it happened. It's the second time that's happened in less than two years (last one was against Newport I think). Not good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 7:32 pm

Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Yes it was an OK win against a poor Exeter side in a nothing competetion.  Let's see how well we do against the SERIOUS promotion challengers like Portsmouth and Luton in the league before the jester hats and green wigs start coming out.

So now it's a poor Exeter side, make your frigging mind up
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 7:52 pm

Portsmouth 1-2 Exeter......I can only assume that if Exeter are a poor side....Portsmouth must be a very poor pub second eleven........hold on didn't they beat Argyle first home game of the season....so where does that leave us then..... :Suicide: .
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 8:11 pm

It's a funny old game, to coin a phrase.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:03 pm

Where are friend motorsevices and friends?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:08 pm

Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

No I wasn't there. Self imposed exile due to brent. And yes, Exeter clearly played poorly last night. But I think they're a good team who'll make the play-offs.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:58 pm

Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

So Freathy - are you really saying that you've got a jester hat and a green wig ? T'would be rather fetching. laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 8:24 am

I don't think the two waiting in the box were happy that Wylde went for goal over playing a square ball to two unmarked players for a relative tap in.

Luckily we were 2-0 up and it wasn't decisive, as I imagine the atmosphere would have been pretty tense in the dressing room after.

Last edited by ejh on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 10:41 am

Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I think Freathy is actually GreenArmy1984. This is what you see when he's run out of milkshake and Haribo.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 2:04 pm

Haribo?? Now we're talking!!! I like the sour red ones - thats the sweets not the Excretia fans
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Match Thread   Exeter Match Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter Match Thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next