argyl3
Tringreen
Tgwu
VillageGreen
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 9:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 10:15 pm

Brent, Webb and Newell will be on the panel. Expect some tough questioning:

Brent: "Have you any experience of major construction projects?"

Newell: " What did you do in the war?"

Webb: " Did your wife come with you today?"
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 10:43 pm

Homeslice wrote:

Just spat tea all over my laptop, cheers homeslice Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 10:46 pm

Homeslice wrote:

lol! lol! this should be thought of the day
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 11:31 pm

If only it was a piss take.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 8:57 am

Homeslice wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 11:37 am

Any professionally run football club knowing that their manager was leaving would have identified their target and met him in a travel lodge off the motorway rather than this joke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 11:54 am

I hope Argyle fans don't get too dejected if/when the manager isn't Brian McDermott, or someone of that kind of pedigree with Premier League experience and all manner of contacts.

Would be great to get him in, but with the money we are offering and the budget - it has been enough to put Warnock off, and Holloway told it like it is - he's not even interested in hearing from Argyle at the moment.

Prepare to be underwhelmed is my cautious advice!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 11:57 am

ejh wrote:
I hope Argyle fans don't get too dejected if/when the manager isn't Brian McDermott, or someone of that kind of pedigree with Premier League experience and all manner of contacts.

Would be great to get him in, but with the money we are offering and the budget - it has been enough to put Warnock off, and Holloway told it like it is - he's not even interested in hearing from Argyle at the moment.

We're Argyle fans. We've had a lifetime of being underwhelmed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 12:02 pm

ejh wrote:

I dont think anyone is in danger of that one here ejh we are not that thick. It will be cheap appointment more than likely Wotton because there is no budget or ambition from the club to get out of this league and push on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 12:48 pm

If they want McDermott they'll have to pay for him.
It's a risky job to take for him, he'll have to move away from his family or move them to Devon, and if he doesn't make it work his reputation will be severely tarnished.

Gut feeling is that the 2nd choice will get the job, who is cheap and who has been a manager before
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 12:51 pm

One of the interview questions held at the travelodge naturally... so Mr X what are your salary expectations?
Bloke who says lowest number he has been a manager before gets the job

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 12:52 pm

Homeslice wrote:

That is Brilliant:laugh2:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 1:11 pm

Bonus points if you have a wife, looks not important
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 1:19 pm

I see skynet has posted on the other forum and it has tickle a few fancies.

''Think of if this interview process as not what you know, but who you know''.

interesting.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 1:23 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I see skynet has posted on the other forum and it has tickle a fancies.

''Think if this interview process as not what you know, but who you know''.

I am not hopefully or confident at all we are going to hire anyone good enough to take us forward and will end up with a complete unknown or wotton.

Not even the traditional media buzzwords said at every press conference at argye for a new manager like "sleeping giant" "potential" "ambition" "great fans" and "home park a fortres" to name a few will win me over Sad
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
I see skynet has posted on the other forum and it has tickle a fancies.

''Think if this interview process as not what you know, but who you know''.

I am not hopefully or confident at all we are going to hire anyone good enough to take us forward and will end up with a complete unknown or wotton.

Not even the traditional media buzzwords said at every press conference at argye for a new manager like "sleeping giant" "potential" "ambition" "great fans" and "home park a fortres" to name a few will win me over Sad

I don't think it will be Wotton, that is a gamble to far. Warnock is not interested and a main factor for that was the travel aspect of managing Argyle [too much travel the team has to do every other week], according to the Herald.

On the other forum they are suggesting it is westcountry link with MS at the centre of it. Ex-Bristol City manager, Danny Wilson is a name that has sprang up. Oh, and Gary Johnson [again].

edengreen wrote:-

''Danny Wilson also managed Bristol city and don't we have that other director sexstone who was possibly involved with city when he did ok with them ? All coming together now ! All we need to read is Mary's prayer of a chance and I reckon he's shoe horned in'' !!

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 1:41 pm

If its Danny Wilson be prepared to be disappointed this time next year when argyle are still in league 2. His track record is not that impressive bar barnsely back in the 90's if you look into it. Clubs tend to sack him after 2 years because he under achieves
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 1:47 pm

Angry wrote:
If its Danny Wilson be prepared to be disappointed this time next year when argyle are still in league 2. His track record is not that impressive bar barnsely back in the 90's if you look into it. [Clubs tend to sack him after 2 years because he under achieves

That is correct and i would be devastated if he was to be named as the new manager.

I had a look on wiki and they state the below.

Promotions
1996–97: Division One Runner-up (promotion to The Premier League) – Barnsley
2006–07: League Two Runner-up (promotion to League One) – Hartlepool United
Cups
2002–03: Football League Trophy Winner – Bristol City
Awards
1997 LMA Manager of the Year
January 2000 Premier League Manager of the Month
2011 December League One Manager of the Month

You can well see MS possibly pushing Brent on Danny Wilson, specially as they have worked together before.

Of course, we do not know if he is one of those being interviewed this weekend and if he is, what yarn could he spin so he can land the job.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 1:52 pm

I am preparing myself to be devastated, underwhelmed and pissed off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 2:02 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
If its Danny Wilson be prepared to be disappointed this time next year when argyle are still in league 2. His track record is not that impressive bar barnsely back in the 90's if you look into it. [Clubs tend to sack him after 2 years because he under achieves

That is correct and i would be devastated if he was to be named as the new manager.

I had a look on wiki and they state the below.

Promotions
1996–97: Division One Runner-up (promotion to The Premier League) – Barnsley
2006–07: League Two Runner-up (promotion to League One) – Hartlepool United
Cups
2002–03: Football League Trophy Winner – Bristol City
Awards
1997 LMA Manager of the Year
January 2000 Premier League Manager of the Month
2011 December League One Manager of the Month

You can well see MS possibly pushing Brent on Danny Wilson, specially as they have worked together before.

Of course, we do not know if he is one of those being interviewed this weekend and if he is, what yarn could he spin so he can land the job.

Manged a total of 1012 games in his career and Won 405, lost 341 and draw 265 leaving a career win ratio of just 40.0 which isnt that impressive to me.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 2:32 pm

Angry wrote:

Manged a total of 1012 games in his career and Won 405, lost 341 and draw 265 leaving a career win ratio of just 40.0 which isnt that impressive to me.

Which equates to (on average over 46 games per season) around 67 points.

We got 71 this season!  jocolor  jocolor

It doesn't really matter who gets the job if the budget is not competitive!.

Last edited by Moist_Von_Lipwig on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 2:42 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Angry wrote:

Which equates to (on average over 46 games per season) to around 67 points.

We got 71 this season!  jocolor  jocolor

It doesn't really matter who gets the job if the budget is not competitive!.

Ah, the budget again

Dare Say the Argyle budget will be way down in the pecking order again this coming season then.
Back to top Go down
Clydefrog

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 2:46 pm

Steve Lomas new sky bet favourite .....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 3:48 pm

Haha remember seeing him play in a pre season friendly at home park for Man City - he got booked, some bloke shouts ftom the Devonport "SERVES HIM RIGHT FOR HAVING GINGER NUTS!!!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club starts interviews for vacant manager role   Club starts interviews for vacant manager role - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Club starts interviews for vacant manager role
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next