Go down 
+2
VillageGreen
Coxside_Green
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Decision Time   Decision Time EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:30 pm

As our season is now officially over. Its time that the club/Sheridan decide on who gets a new contract or offered a new deal one at least whether they accept it or not and who is released. It goes without saying B.Reid, Jones, Holmes-Dennis and Anash return to their own clubs for their own futures to be decided apon. Olly Lee has been released from Birmingham.

The following players to my knowledge are out of contract now.

James Bittner
Dominic Blizzard
Jason Banton
Lewis Alessandra
Anthony O'Connor
Ollie Norburn
Tyler Harvey
Marvin Morgan
Jamie Richards
River Allen
Aaron Bentley
Matt Lecointe

Out of that lot above i would move mountains to offer contracts to Alessandra & O'connor and get them to sign them. But it will be tough and i will not be shocked if they move on.

It will be a tough decision to decided on Harvey, Bentley, Banton, Bittner and Blizzard for me and it could go either way i guess. I can see Bittner being kept on seeing as McCormick will be number 1 still and his remit is to be there incase.

Richards, Morgan, Norburn i would release no question about it richards has been here 4 years and hasnt come close to breaking into the first team, morgan was a flop and norburn is no hourihane.

As for Allen it depends on if the club see something in him i havent seen him play so i really dont know about him

Lecointe sorry but the club cant keep giving him contracts when he cant stay fit.

Last edited by Mr. President Angry on Fri May 15, 2015 2:04 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot Banton)
Back to top Go down

Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:33 pm

Brent out, squad out, Sheridan out! What's Peter Reid doing nowadays?
Back to top Go down

Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:34 pm

Iggy wrote:
Brent out, squad out, Sheridan out! What's Peter Reid doing nowadays?

peeling bananas with his feet last time i heard
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:17 am

It's tough to call with some of the young uns.

I would keep Lewis and obs O'Connor and maybe 2 of the rest.

The real problem is who are we going to lose out of those still contracted? Lose a couple of them and we might as well lose Sheridan and start again?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time EmptyFri May 15, 2015 2:01 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
It's tough to call with some of the young uns.

I would keep Lewis and obs O'Connor and maybe 2 of the rest.

The real problem is who are we going to lose out of those still contracted?  Lose a couple of them and we might as well lose Sheridan and start again?

I would like to see Lewi stay.

I can't see O'Connor remaining here tbh.

I would give Banton another chance, albeit a short contract.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:39 am

Lewi's off to Bury. Nelson to Charlton too apparently, hopefully get a decent price... LOL. I rate Nelse very highly and he'll do well if he moves up the divisions, but with Hartley and McHugh still contracted we've got a couple of very good CBs and can drop this 3 at the back bullshit. O'Connor, sadly, will be off too - although it'd be a fair swoop if we could persuade him to stay. I'd certainly try to keep hold of Ansah too, I've been very impressed. Wouldn't mind getting Bobby Reid back too, but would certainly look for another (attacking) central midfield option. And get some feckin wingers in! Maybe keep Banton, I've not been his biggest fans over the season but he actually had some fight and ability in these last two play off games. It was the manager that showed himself up as a stubborn, negative arsewipe and its no surprise that flair players like Banton have regressed under him.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:07 am

I heard last night that Alessandra is as good as gone already. His GF has not and will not move down here, he's hacked off with the to-ing and fro-ing and has packed all his stuff up already and sent it back up north.

Quite how the person who told me this knows this to be true I have no idea but he was adamant it was.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Josh Pope

Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:42 pm

I'd offer deals to:

Blizzard - Cheap option, decent player, just about done enough to earn an extra year.
O'Connor - Obviously though doubt he'll sign now we're staying in League 2. Cox is good enough though.
Harvey - Don't think he would accept but who knows, under a decent manager he might be a good player.. Potential doesn't just disappear.
Allen - Decent future, another option, still young etc, cheap.
Bentley - Cheap defensive option, don't think he's that bad anyway.
Lecointe - Only a pre-season thing, see how he does.

So release:

Banton - Not even worth it, he wouldn't consider and second time around just hasn't worked.
Alessandra - Not good enough for 30/46 games a season. There, I said it.
Bittner - Need someone to challenge the overrated McCormick. Offer Bittner a youth coach job?
Morgan - Not good enough.
Norburn - Unconvinced, looks overweight, could be good under a decent manager but I don't know.
Richards - Just not good enough. Very poor, in fact.
Back to top Go down

Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:45 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I heard last night that Alessandra is as good as gone already. His GF has not and will not move down here, he's hacked off with the to-ing and fro-ing and has packed all his stuff up already and sent it back up north.

Quite how the person who told me this knows this to be true I have no idea but he was adamant it was.

No big loss in my opinion. Don't need players who don't want to be here.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:47 pm

ejh wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Agree, flatters to deceive far too often, thankyou and goodbye.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time EmptyFri May 15, 2015 1:33 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
ejh wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Agree, flatters to deceive far too often, thankyou and goodbye.

Thirded. Bang average and overrated.
Back to top Go down

Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time EmptyFri May 15, 2015 2:03 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Lewi's off to Bury. Nelson to Charlton too apparently, hopefully get a decent price... LOL. I rate Nelse very highly and he'll do well if he moves up the divisions, but with Hartley and McHugh still contracted we've got a couple of very good CBs and can drop this 3 at the back bullshit. O'Connor, sadly, will be off too - although it'd be a fair swoop if we could persuade him to stay. I'd certainly try to keep hold of Ansah too, I've been very impressed. Wouldn't mind getting Bobby Reid back too, but would certainly look for another (attacking) central midfield option. And get some feckin wingers in! Maybe keep Banton, I've not been his biggest fans over the season but he actually had some fight and ability in these last two play off games. It was the manager that showed himself up as a stubborn, negative arsewipe and its no surprise that flair players like Banton have regressed under him.

Hartley, Reid, Nelson and McHugh the club will want to sell them no question about it over the summer.

I can understand them wanting to move on to a bigger club in a higher league if thats their wish of course and i wouldnt think ill of them for doing so.
But as we saw with Hourihane, im not confident at all we will demand a decent fee for those players should bids come in that reflects their value and worth for the team and ability as players.
Plymouth prices could give lidls and aldi a run for their money.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:26 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

And so it came to pass.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 11:21 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

And so it came to pass.

Get you Nostrildormouse, it was hardly like predicting the lottery numbers? However, an opportunity to self quote is not to be frittered away.
Back to top Go down

Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 12:11 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

And so it came to pass.

Get you Nostrildormouse, it was hardly like predicting the lottery numbers?  However, an opportunity to self quote is not to be frittered away.

he is feckin good isnt he?? could he predict the next manager lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Decision Time
Page 1 of 1