The Football league decision

Go down 
+2
125+1
Freathy
6 posters
AuthorMessage

The Football league decision Empty
PostSubject: The Football league decision   The Football league decision EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:11 am

Well, today's the day. I bet Paul Stapleton, Tony Wrathall and the the NWO are up bright and early cleaning their teeth, hoping there is a god.

Will they won't they ? I shall be astounded if the Football League cave in. The climate is right, the poliics are right to stand up against this sort of hidden deal.
The Council have done well to poke their noses in as best they can, given their natural desire for a 100% private sector solution.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Football league decision   The Football league decision EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:57 am

I suspect it normally would be a routine rubber stamping exercise for the FL. However, recent revelations about football club ownership in the C4 Despatches programme may (should) perhaps have prompted closer examination of this bid. The bottom line as I see it is the 'Irish' (is *****wallet Irish?) consortium simply don't have the cash.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: The Football league decision   The Football league decision EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:31 am

There could be bad mixed news on the way one thinks.

No coincidence PAFC STADIUM ltd was set up a few days before the this announcement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Football league decision   The Football league decision EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm with Freathy, normally this deal would fly through but many eyes are watching how the FL handle this so this pack of cards could come tumbling down. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Peter Ryan

PostSubject: Re: The Football league decision   The Football league decision EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Tried to copy and paste a letter from the FL to Chris Webb just received but the site won't allow me.
So, you need to pull it off the other site...
In short, the FL has not approved the share transfer.
Peter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Football league decision   The Football league decision EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Looks like the football league are still not happy with the bid, and rightly so.... no mention of the conditions that need to be met though, but I guess that is between them and Guilfoyle.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: The Football league decision   The Football league decision EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:38 pm

Letter to Chris Webb

We note what you say on the matter but at present The League can only deal with applications from the preferred bidders selected by the administrator, as the administrator controls the assets of the Club. If that bid meet our requirements then we will proceed in line with our established practice. If the bid does not meets our requirements the administrator will be notified and he will then have to determine his next steps. It is at the discretion of the Administrator who to position as its next preferred purchaser.

Since receipt of your letter we have also spoken with the City Council who expressed the view that whilst they do not entirely agree with the position you attribute to them in your letter, they do recognise the need for a ‘Contingency Plan’ to be considered should the current bid fail.

At this time The Football League has met with the current proposed purchasers of the Club but has not approved any application for membership of The League going forwards. Whilst there has been a lot of discussion in the local press about the third party purchaser, we have made it absolutely clear in all discussions with the administrators that we will expect full transparency on all aspects of the exit from administration and we await further updates in that respect.

Any proposed transaction of the club will be examined closely against our requirements before being submitted to the Football League Board for its consideration. Where the proposal is that the assets of the club, including its League membership, should be transferred to a new owner (which is the standard way in which a football club emerges from administration), then the Articles again give The League absolute control over that proposed transfer of The League share to a new owner, allowing it to refuse to permit such transfer, or to permit it but only on such conditions as The League sees fit. Unless The Football League Board is satisfied that the exit arrangements provide the Club with a firmer footing going forwards it is unlikely that it will be in a position to approve any exit from administration as a continuing member of the Football League. It has refused permission in other cases, it reserves the right to do so again if the circumstances are appropriate.

We thank you for contacting The Football League on this matter, however we cannot provide a running commentary on this process and are unable to add further at this time. Updates that we do give will be made available on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and you should check there for any further updates.

It doesnt say that they have declined the share transfer, its a standard letter with the paragraph added about the council. They are not giving nothing away, and as a proffesional governing body, they will inform the administrator, preffered bidder and owners before leaking anything to a fans trust, hence the note about the running commentry at the bottom. Basicly dont contact us again, use the website.

Last edited by 125+1 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Football league decision   The Football league decision EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:38 pm

Cheers 125, not good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Football league decision   The Football league decision EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:40 pm

It's difficult to chuck too much blame at the FL for wanting to deal with the owners and not a Trust, PAFC is a business at the end of the day.

I really can't see the Heaney/Ridsdale pact coming off, time is running out and it's probably already too late for Heaney to provide what the FL are asking for. If that is the case then one of only two things can happen, the deadline is extended yet again or Plan B comes into effect. I cannot see Gullible extending the deadline again or he's going to look a complete tool, my guess is that Plan B will be required sooner rather then later.

There is one other option though, liquidation.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Football league decision   The Football league decision EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:47 pm

I found this part interesting-

"Since receipt of your letter we have also spoken with the City Council who expressed the view that whilst they do not entirely agree with the position you attribute to them in your letter, they do recognise the need for a ‘Contingency Plan’ to be considered should the current bid fail."

Looks like the Pasoti trust must have mentioned that the Council would buy Home Park as part of the 'Contingency Plan' (I don't think Plan B would work without this). Seems that the Council have not agreed this with the FL- therefore what is the point of the Contingency Plan if one of the main criteria isn't met?
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: The Football league decision   The Football league decision EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:06 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I found this part interesting-

"Since receipt of your letter we have also spoken with the City Council who expressed the view that whilst they do not entirely agree with the position you attribute to them in your letter, they do recognise the need for a ‘Contingency Plan’ to be considered should the current bid fail."

Looks like the Pasoti trust must have mentioned that the Council would buy Home Park as part of the 'Contingency Plan' (I don't think Plan B would work without this). Seems that the Council have not agreed this with the FL- therefore what is the point of the Contingency Plan if one of the main criteria isn't met?

Thats what i thought aswell ali.

Seems a few fibs by the trust there or a communication breakdown between themselves and the council
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Football league decision   The Football league decision EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:49 pm

It's all just playing on words I think. The Trust, Brent and PCC have had discussions that cannot be seen to hinder the Heaney bid or there would possibly be legal repercussions, PCC are simply distancing themselves from any possible consequence.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Football league decision   The Football league decision EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:39 pm

GOB wrote:
It's all just playing on words I think. The Trust, Brent and PCC have had discussions that cannot be seen to hinder the Heaney bid or there would possibly be legal repercussions, PCC are simply distancing themselves from any possible consequence.

That is what Pasoti and to a degree the trust want people to believe.

I think the truth is that Pengalley won't commit because she knows she can't deliver, and the Trust don't want to push the issue as the dream will go up in smoke as the 'reality' becomes apparent.

Pengelley hasn't even turned up to the last two meetings and her last statement basically told the fans to butt out of it. That's how supportive she is!

There is nothing wrong with the council or any individual polictian publically supporting a neeeded survival plan - in fact anyones plan -if they wanted to - they do it in similar situations all the time. It's not for legal reasons they aren't shouting its attributes from the rooftops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Football league decision   The Football league decision EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:16 am

You may be right Ricks, but then you may not be, the only think that will sort this out is time.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Football league decision   The Football league decision EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:22 am

Like I said before re the council - any council that will impotently stand by and watch its city airport close won't be able to do a lot for its city football team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Football league decision   The Football league decision Empty

Back to top Go down

The Football league decision
Page 1 of 1