HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Time to get rid. 1p/2p

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Time to get rid. 1p/2p Empty
PostSubject: Time to get rid. 1p/2p   Time to get rid. 1p/2p EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 6:05 am

Daan Under their smallest coin is worth 5 cents.

I hate 1p and 2p coins. Whenever I get them all I do is put them in an old whisky tin and then about once a year - when I can be bothered - I count them all up to find I have somehow got about £20.00, which I then spend on being wanked off by a hooker, which is another waste of time seeing as I could have done a better job myself for free.

I therefore think we should get rid of them. Shopkeepers can round the price up to the nearest 5p for all I care.

I f**king hate them. Lets get rid of them by making posts and snidey tags on a relatively small football-based website!

What do you think about our copper coins?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid. 1p/2p   Time to get rid. 1p/2p EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 6:24 am

I love 'brass in pocket'....

Nothing like the feeling of flying from the city of angels to England, and visiting the corner co-op (see thread) for the first time in ages, and after buying a few essentials, feeling the weight of six lbs of the finest coins Britain has to offer sitting deep in your trousers....

I know it's not enough to buy a lollipop, but you want to give that up?

It's your sort that are responsible for the loss of "guineas"!!!

I used to love paying an extra shilling just to be a snob!

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid. 1p/2p   Time to get rid. 1p/2p EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 6:58 am

Nah, sod 'em, they're pointless and probably worth more as melted down metal than as currency.

While we're at it, get rid of 5p coins too, bloody fiddly little feckers which lodge 'emselves into the corner of yer wallet where yer fingers are too fat to reach.

10p minimum currency.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid. 1p/2p   Time to get rid. 1p/2p EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 7:20 am

While we're at it, we should bring back the £1 note.

Top currency for lap dancing bars, where the lighting is suitably murky so the young ladies don't realise it isn't a tenner you've just tucked in their g-string....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid. 1p/2p   Time to get rid. 1p/2p EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 7:40 am

If they made 1p and 2p coins with holes in we could use them as money or buttons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid. 1p/2p   Time to get rid. 1p/2p EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:26 am

Bring back the ha'penny and the Joey, when coins were coins. I can't get my head around this decimal thing.

Unofficially writing up or down the odd halfpenny on payments, times a few thousand, made a few programmers very rich in the 1970s .... those were the days.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid. 1p/2p   Time to get rid. 1p/2p EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:59 am

If we got rid of 1p, 2p and even 5p everything would have to be repriced so it was divisible by 10. Nothing could cost 55p for example. They would round it up to 60p as there's no way they would ever round it down. Keep shrapnel I say! I've got about £20 worth in a jar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid. 1p/2p   Time to get rid. 1p/2p EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:29 am

Freathy wrote:
If we got rid of 1p, 2p and even 5p everything would have to be repriced so it was divisible by 10. Nothing could cost 55p for example. They would round it up to 60p as there's no way they would ever round it down. Keep shrapnel I say! I've got about £20 worth in a jar.

This.....and you can get it changed for notes down at Sainsburys
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid. 1p/2p   Time to get rid. 1p/2p EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:26 am

Like the old silver coins, the metal in them will soon be worth more than the face value of the coin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid. 1p/2p   Time to get rid. 1p/2p EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:54 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Freathy wrote:

This.....and you can get it changed for notes down at Sainsburys

This. Chuck all the shrapnel in a tin or something, then once a year or so take it to the supermarket and get stuff for nothing. Sort of.

Shrapnel is also useful for giving to small relatives: they'll be well chuffed they've got money when in fact you've only given them a load of coins woth a total of about 15p.*

*Note: this doesn't work once they get past the age of eight.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid. 1p/2p   Time to get rid. 1p/2p EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Also handy for Carol singers, trick or treat, or penny for the guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid. 1p/2p   Time to get rid. 1p/2p Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to get rid. 1p/2p
Page 1 of 1