sufferedsince 68
Les Miserable
GreenSam
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
GreenSam

Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 10:54 pm

Rickler wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
So, banned from The Farm and now flounced from here. silent

I know he's just a kid,  but that sort of fledgling online record doesn't bode well for someone with any intention of being taken seriously as a Trust Board member.

Exactly as I predicted during the election, the credibility of the Trust is at an all time low IMO.

Quite...

As I said...  It's not their fault.  But nobody in any 'position' whatsoever is going to take these kids on the Trust board seriously.
I'm not a 'kid' I'm a young adult. There are also 4 out of 6 Trust board members who are older adults all past the age of 40. That's in addition to our backroom team who aren't on the board.

It's hardly a creche is it.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 11:17 pm

I'm talking about the flouncer not you, Sam.

Define 'Young Adult' please.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 11:20 pm

By the way...

Where can I find the much promised Andy symons' 'farewell address' to the AFT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 12:20 am

GreenSam wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The bottom line is he flounced because his pro Brent views did not get a universal welcome, for Sam to blame the punters on here for that is a School boy error! Not a good day for the Trust i would say.
I'm not blaming the punters on here for anything to do with Argyle, I'm just saying some of you (not all) don't make this place very welcoming for anyone whose views differ to yours by 1%.

I'm sorry but that is bollocks.

What do you define as welcoming ! If one disagrees is that unwelcoming?

Brent is not universally liked on ATD, you know this, so why try and score cheap point's?

The club is dying on it's feet because we have a Chairman in it for all the wrong reasons, that's not Sheridan's or any other manager's fault.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 12:20 am

Rickler wrote:

Dont forget at 17 youre still described as a child.
The way its going it ll be 21 before you can be classed as a 'full' adult. lol!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 12:30 am

Rickler wrote:

Just another way of saying I'm 21, nothing that can be analysed at a much higher level than that really.

Rickler wrote:
By the way...

Where can I find the much promised Andy symons' 'farewell address' to the AFT.
Andy gave an address covering numerous points at the AGM.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 12:32 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The bottom line is he flounced because his pro Brent views did not get a universal welcome, for Sam to blame the punters on here for that is a School boy error! Not a good day for the Trust i would say.
I'm not blaming the punters on here for anything to do with Argyle, I'm just saying some of you (not all) don't make this place very welcoming for anyone whose views differ to yours by 1%.

I'm sorry but that is bollocks.

What do you define as welcoming ! If one disagrees is that unwelcoming?

Brent is not universally liked on ATD, you  know this, so why try and score cheap point's?

The club is dying on it's feet because we have a Chairman in it for all the wrong reasons, that's not Sheridan's or any other manager's fault.

See, this is what I mean.

You took what I said and twisted it to imply that I wasn't happy with anything other than Brent being universally liked. That is exactly what I mean. How you somehow got your interpretation of what I said, based on what I actually said is like a game of Chinese whispers only with the fast forward button switched on.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 12:51 am

All I can say about Josh is if he can't stand the heat from a few people on here then God help him when the time comes to stand up and be counted when the trust is under attack from those who wish it harm!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 8:18 am

GreenSam wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

I know it's hard to believe Sam, but most decent football Forums, by definition, are an extension of the terrace. The Oxford Debating Society they are not. It isn't their obligation to be welcoming.

As you've grown into adulthood Sam, Argyles biggest Forum has become more and more and more sanitised to the point that you may be under the impression that that is what your average Football Forum is like.

It isn't. Or at least it never was, and never damn well should be.

For people who've any sort of tendency to get even moderately offended by real life issues and opinions, then proper football forums are the last place they should be frequenting, IMHO.

(ATD, keeping it real).
Fair play for at least being the only one to answer the points I made. I'll reply back in the same vein.

I see forums as more like a pub than a terrace. In the pub you have some banter but you do also at times have serious discussions. If serious is the wrong word, then perhaps sincere would be a better one. What I'm saying is, as well as the rowdiness and banter and the jukeboxes and the live sport on the big screen tele, the pub is also a place to have a chat or two.

I may be young in relative terms compared to you lot but I am also old enough to remember pasoti in its less sanitised days and the range of debates amongst the very colourful characters that frequent there was fantastic. Sadly a lot of them have gone now which makes the site a worse place- and this isn't me being two faced , I have made this point when having this debate face to face with a pasoti mod. I don't say different things to different audiences. But anyway, going back to the point, the point I was trying to make is that it's an atmosphere in which chatter and opinions can also flourish.

I agree it's nobody's obligation to be welcoming but say you walked into a pub (for the sake of example, let's say you were invited there by a mutual friend which is probably a fair analogy of the flight to ATD in the past two years), the regulars seemed alright at first but then you said the wrong thing about a certain masonic conspiracy theory, or you started talking about the 'unapproved of' topics that would be common parlance in any other pub. Imagine you were then snapped at, laughed at, or refused a pint by some of the rowdier regulars for holding a view or for talking about a topic that would be normal anywhere else. Now, I reckon you'd think it was a damn weird place and you'd consider drinking somewhere else the next night.

I did stick around here and I do genuinely enjoy posting on this site and that's not a sweet meat because I've got to know people on here better than what the first impressions are. But first impressions do count and I just wonder if they don't put people off. I've given my free advice to pasoti in the past (as mentioned earlier) and for the sake of even handedness I'll give my free advice to this place now and it's 'make it less of an uber in group'. Or at least, if you want it to be an uber in group then fair enough but accept the membership figures (bar takings, to extend the analogy further) will probably be lower.

One final point- how would you feel if you were frisked upon entry for the fear that you were a previously barred drinker (previously banned poster) who had come back in a moustache and glasses?

On your last point, that would depend if I was bearing any hallmarks of said previously barred drinker. Very Happy

I used the terrace analogy, but I agree (and I've used it before) the pub analogy is the same. If I were in a pub (now as I've grown older and wiser study ) and I saw people talking like dicks or in a manner I wasn't impressed with, I'd try and just ignore it. Engaging with them is usually only going to end up one way. That's where the Forum/Pub analogy does differ, because you're not going to have a pint poured over you, or worse, on a Forum. But if you frequent a pub often enough, and you know the regular faces that are set in their ways and are always going to be the ones to potentially give you a hard time, engaging with them is pretty pointless, after all, there are plenty of others in the pub.

As far as ATD being some sort of Uber In-Group, when you have a community where a fairly large majority share the same common opinion, i.e. being Anti-Brent, then you'll always run the risk of having those sort of accusations thrown at you. Twelve months ago there was a fair amount of bitch-fighting on here and you had groups within groups slagging each other off all the time. At that point I would have agreed that the place wasn't 'welcoming', but it's a lot calmer now I'd say.

As far as continually increasing membership numbers, for me there's no desperate need or desire to 'recruit'. KJN's dictatorial leadership style continues to guarantee a drip-feed migration of the disaffected to the dark side of ATD. As long as he's there, that'll continue. I've said it before, but Newell does waaaaaay more for the profile of ATD than Webb ever did to deserve the Phoney Presidency at PAFC.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 10:59 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
All I can say about Josh is if he can't stand the heat from a few people on here then God help him when the time comes to stand up and be counted when the trust is under attack from those who wish it harm!

Also in MYP aswell. And if he thinks no one can read his comments about ATD on twitter he is as dumb as he is ugly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 12:33 pm

Angry wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Also in MYP aswell. And if he thinks no one can read his comments about ATD on twitter he is as dumb as he is ugly.

Fine ambassador for the Trust.

Idiots on pedestals and lunatics in the sweetie shop..only at PAFC

God give me strength. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Yeap slags of pasoti when they disagree with him quits comes here as ATD's biggest fan he slags of pasoti on twitter,
then fast forward a few weeks he now hates it here because no one agrees with him, quits then takes to twitter to slag of atd now now pasotis biggest fan.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 1:04 pm

Hes cobi mark2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 1:17 pm

Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Yeap slags of pasoti when they disagree with him quits comes here as ATD's biggest fan he slags of pasoti on twitter,
then fast forward a few weeks he now hates it here because no one agrees with him, quits then takes to twitter to slag of atd now now pasotis biggest fan.

To be fair this is living proof of how utterly mickey mouse this club has become under James Brent when 16/17 year old's are put on pedestal's on the Trust pontificating to supporters who have been attending probably twice as long as they are in age.
I don't doubt the lad might be bright at school etc etc, but give em too much too soon and bosh, this is what happens.
With all due respect who the hell is going to take this lad seriously? This is exactly why JB want's kids on the Trust because they have experienced nothing but failure and defeat and pose no thread to his odious regime.

One of the observations I have made in recent years in comparison to many other football clubs I have been to watching Argyle is that (with all due respect) our support is almost exclusively kids, teenagers or old age pensioners.
We seem to be missing an entire generation if that makes any sense ?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 1:21 pm

Punchy why not join the Trust and stand against him next election then, then maybe you'll win if the members back you enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 1:23 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

To be fair this is living proof of how utterly mickey mouse this club has become under James Brent when 16/17 year old's are put on pedestal's on the Trust pontificating to supporters who have been attending probably twice as long as they are in age.
I don't doubt the lad might be bright at school etc etc, but give em too much too soon and bosh, this is what happens.
With all due respect who the hell is going to take this lad seriously? This is exactly why JB want's kids on the Trust because they have experienced nothing but failure and defeat and pose no thread to his odious regime.

One of the observations I have made in recent years in comparison to many other football clubs I have been to watching Argyle is that (with all due respect) our support is almost exclusively kids, teenagers or old age pensioners.
We seem to be missing an entire generation if that makes any sense ?

I cant see how Josh can remain on the trust board if he is going to quit every time the going gets tough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 1:46 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Punchy why not join the Trust and stand against him next election then, then maybe you'll win if the members back you enough.

A rabble rouser on the trust has a serious chance of posing a threat to the Brent regime and his hangers on.
The members are already indoctrinated in the way's of the pro-Brent super-fan.

Outsiders need not apply.

cyclops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 3:08 pm

pro or anti brent or sheridan i would rather choose a side and debate why rather than be a limb dicked liberal and sit on the fence
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 3:23 pm

X Isle wrote:
Nice to see some actual discussion of the manager since yesterday, albeit along firmly established party lines.

Most over here are blaming the owner, most over on 'tother site are blaming the manager, 'twas ever thus.

Hey ho, I guess the sites will have to politely agree to disagree again in the spirit of mutual respect sarcasm  

Truth is, as usual, blame always lies somewhere in the middle. Only by reading both sides of the debate will anyone ever furnish themselves with the whole picture with which to form their own opinion. Shame therefore that Sam had to post this....        

GreenSam wrote:

.......As an old saying goes, an ideologue tries to make the facts fit his pre-existing belief. A truly independent thinker bases his beliefs on the facts that he can discern and stands for the opinion that he genuinely holds even if it means standing in the minority. No matter how much I get slated for it, pilloried for it, called a pasoti-emissary or a Brentite or a red under the bed or whatever, I genuinely stand by my viewpoint. If all those small clubs with their minuscule budgets are capable of doing better then why can't we with our budget that is at the very least contentious.

The see no evil, militant-Brentophiles on pasoti call me a Brown Tint or a neggytroll. The Sheridan-loyalist, militant-Brentophobes on here call me a Green Tint or an Aviva. The actual fact is that I come to my own opinion on something no matter what and I'll call out something i disagree with wherever I see it.

Good on ya, spot on, and you're not alone. In the crazy world of Argyle messageboards folk only seem to respect black or white, any shade of grey is to be suspected, feared and ridiculed. Independent thought is seemingly viewed the same way circumnavigation was viewed by the flat earth society, impossible. On PASOTI you're considered to be in league with the devil for coming here and on here you're a PASOTI spy or somehow bezzie mates with "Nool" and "Brenty" on a mission to subvert the purity of negativity. Taking the centre ground makes you an outsider, to both ends of the spectrum, to be run out of their respective villages (pun intended).    

Ho hum, I guess this is the closest we'll ever get to feeling like a Liberal Democrat lol!

Shouldn't be made to choose between one of the other as both sides have as much merit and they have demons. Trick is to live with it mate, it'll never change and you're the better man for at least being open to receiving different views, even if you don't ultimately agree with them.

PS - For that very reason, and in the interests of balance, whoever last night's 'guest' was?... they're a bit of a cowardly knobber for coming over just to have a go. If you've got something to say 'guesty', say it and stay to stand by it. Otherwise you're just an insurgent, dropping off your bomb then getting out. Poor form.    

None other than the rising starlet of the AFT Josh Pope Sulk He only sticks around if you agree with his POV FACTS!
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Angry wrote:
pro or anti brent or sheridan i would rather choose a side and debate why rather than be a limb dicked liberal and sit on the fence

Which is your choice. I choose the inquisitive and open minded approach. Vive la difference drunk

It would be remiss of me not to point out however that if someone only surrounds themselves with one narrow outlook and shuns opportunities to broaden their exposure to counter opinions, how will they ever be able to test if they're genuinely right or not?

You say you'd rather pick a side THEN debate. Well, it's not debate if there isn't a counter opinion, it's just a cycle of continual reaffirming of 'correctness'.

An extreme analogy granted, but in the deserts of Syria and Iraq right now I'm sure the followers of ISIS truly believe they are 100% right.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 3:49 pm

X Isle wrote:
Angry wrote:

Which is your choice. I choose the inquisitive and open minded approach. Vive la difference drunk

It would be remiss of me not to point out however that if someone only surrounds themselves with one narrow outlook and shuns opportunities to broaden their exposure to counter opinions, how will they ever be able to test if they're genuinely right or not?

You say you'd rather pick a side THEN debate. Well, it's not debate if there isn't a counter opinion, it's just a cycle of continual reaffirming of 'correctness'.

An extreme analogy granted, but in the deserts of Syria and Iraq right now I'm sure the followers of ISIS truly believe they are 100% right.

I choose the inquisitive and open minded approach says Xthrobber, who a couple of years ago was only interested in Brents ministand standing shoulder to shoulder with jim in the trenches with jim etc.calling all opposition to brent surrender monkeys, shouties etc, now he's trying to come across as mister middle of the road? you are a two faced brown nosing cnut, in my open minded opinion.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 4:04 pm

Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

this is exactly why the trust is a joke.
you got greensam (formerly brents no1 fan) and some other kid who changes his alligences every other day.
the trust really exists to hold money to bail the club out in future(in my opinion that is) lets hope they got about 300k floating about cos soon brents gonna need it to plug the financial cost of the slide down the table.
8k + v luton, 6.5k v morcambe (thats about 40k less in income) wonder what next weeks gate will be affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 4:07 pm

Somebody had to say it. lol! Xhale has just informed us that his is the only valid opinion, sanctimonious as ever.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 4:11 pm

Iggy wrote:
Somebody had to say it. lol!  Xhale has just informed us that his is the only valid opinion, sanctimonious as ever.
He truly takes the biscuit iggy! talk about rewriting history... the guy is a complete phoney.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 4:16 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Somebody had to say it. lol!  Xhale has just informed us that his is the only valid opinion, sanctimonious as ever.
He truly takes the biscuit iggy! talk about rewriting history... the guy is a complete phoney.

When Brenty takes us tits up again we will see how the wise one never denied it was coming and he always had his suspicions. Talk about fiddling whilst Rome burns, all the apologists will be as guilty as Brent when the shit hits the fan again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member Bashing Thread   Member Bashing Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Member Bashing Thread
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next