The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So, what will actually bring us fans together

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:34 pm

Watch out GG, he'll have you down at Jaspers for a mug o' tea lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:34 pm

It has been entertaining to be an outsider mainly and watch this unfold. Has also shown how childish some people can be on both sides of an argument.

I would say that the original post that started all of this was a genuine attempt at statesmanship by the person who should be acting in that way. But, it soon became obvious that the acceptance would come at a price and that price would be to cut loose a close ally. Obviously this does not sit very well with the author and the tone then dramatically changed albeit not on this site where it was originally posted.

I see parrallels here with what went on in the Labour party following the first election of them to power. Good old Tony Blair and his mucker Gordon were as one, although behind the scenes they were not. Tony would love to have shafted Gordon off the face of the planet but that would prove tricky. Gordon was in possession of all the dirty laundry so to shaft him would have exploded Tony's credibility. Ergo rather than shaft him he decided to leave him be and publicly show solidarity for the good of his reign.

Whilst I have no knowledge of any dirty laundry being in existance of course, I would wonder why a President would suddenly change course so dramatically in so short a time. Could it be that to drop the ally would be too costly? Given that ally's obvious vindictive streak which comes across so clearly in his posts would revenge be too painful to behold? Could there really be a "Deck of Cards" scenario..........
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:37 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
funny man wrote:
GOB wrote:

It's almost like the whole thing since Chris posted has been orchestrated. Very strange behavior that at one time I believed was genuine, it now appears it was just another taunt to rip into the users of this site.

Like you say, shame really.

Now that would be so Machiavellian that, if it were true, I would start believing in fairies. Or, to put it more clearly, I don't see that as a possibility.

The odd pincer movement has been known before. Sad, but true.

Only 10 days to go.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:39 pm

GOB wrote:
GG, I'll meet you anytime when we're both free? Maybe you can see for yourself that we're not really how we've been described, but then I think really you know that anyway. How about it?

Ok fine - can't commit to a time right now as I'm waiting on a phone call to go into hospital at any time .
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:42 pm

greengenes wrote:
GOB wrote:
GG, I'll meet you anytime when we're both free? Maybe you can see for yourself that we're not really how we've been described, but then I think really you know that anyway. How about it?

Ok fine - can't commit to a time right now as I'm waiting on a phone call to go into hospital at any time .

Best wishes. I hope that everything will be ok and look forward to seeing you post again as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:42 pm

Whatever happened to respect and dignity. I am sure I am not the only one to have been turned off, indeed sickened, by this unseemly spat between a few seasoned posters and moderators on respective websites that between them are probably not even read by the majority of supporters that attend Home Park each game.

I hope upon some overnight mature reflection we can return to a degree of civility and properly and respectfully debate the more important issues that affect our beloved football club.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:44 pm

greengenes wrote:
GOB wrote:

You're on GG!

Hope everything is OK regarding your hospital visit GG.

Pirate, never had a yarder? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:47 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
greengenes wrote:
GOB wrote:

Best wishes. I hope that everything will be ok and look forward to seeing you post again as soon as possible.

Thankyou . When I say any time it could be this week or next week . I may have given the impression its imminent but it isn't . Hopefully I'll be in and out in a day .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:50 pm

is your baby due ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:52 pm

Graham Clark wrote:
Whatever happened to respect and dignity. I am sure I am not the only one to have been turned off, indeed sickened, by this unseemly spat between a few seasoned posters and moderators on respective websites that between them are probably not even read by the majority of supporters that attend Home Park each game.

I hope upon some overnight mature reflection we can return to a degree of civility and properly and respectfully debate the more important issues that affect our beloved football club.

Agreed Graham, but if I may point out...there is no problem with Pasoti or its users and as I have said so many times before, many of which are friends on both sites.

I would also say that the behavior on ATD tonight from the users as well as Moderators has been a credit, despite the provocation, antagonism and name calling by people in positions that really should know better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:52 pm

dane_b wrote:
is your baby due ?

No dane . Not even funny .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:54 pm

greengenes wrote:
dane_b wrote:
is your baby due ?

No dane . Not even funny .

In dane's defence I think he was just trying to inject a bit of humour and didn't mean any harm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:05 pm

sorry , i seriously thought you had a missus that was due

sorry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:11 pm

dane_b wrote:
sorry , i seriously thought you had a missus that was due

sorry

Thats ok no probs .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:12 pm

greengenes wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
greengenes wrote:
GOB wrote:

Thankyou . When I say any time it could be this week or next week . I may have given the impression its imminent but it isn't . Hopefully I'll be in and out in a day .
As with the others GG, good luck with the hospital visit. Hope you're in and out as quick as you like
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:17 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
greengenes wrote:
GOB wrote:

As with the others GG, good luck with the hospital visit. Hope you're in and out as quick as you like

Gypsy once told me I'd live to be 97 so no worries LOL !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:41 am

greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
greengenes wrote:
GOB wrote:

Gypsy Acora? lol!
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:03 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It has been entertaining to be an outsider mainly and watch this unfold. Has also shown how childish some people can be on both sides of an argument.

I would say that the original post that started all of this was a genuine attempt at statesmanship by the person who should be acting in that way. But, it soon became obvious that the acceptance would come at a price and that price would be to cut loose a close ally. Obviously this does not sit very well with the author and the tone then dramatically changed albeit not on this site where it was originally posted.

I see parrallels here with what went on in the Labour party following the first election of them to power. Good old Tony Blair and his mucker Gordon were as one, although behind the scenes they were not. Tony would love to have shafted Gordon off the face of the planet but that would prove tricky. Gordon was in possession of all the dirty laundry so to shaft him would have exploded Tony's credibility. Ergo rather than shaft him he decided to leave him be and publicly show solidarity for the good of his reign.

Whilst I have no knowledge of any dirty laundry being in existance of course, I would wonder why a President would suddenly change course so dramatically in so short a time. Could it be that to drop the ally would be too costly? Given that ally's obvious vindictive streak which comes across so clearly in his posts would revenge be too painful to behold? Could there really be a "Deck of Cards" scenario..........

Wow, that's quite an interesting analogy or very cynical, time will tell. You really do come across as a very sensible green I must say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:03 pm

greengenes wrote:

I went to a friends 91st birthday party on Monday. If I or you manage to reach 90 in such good shape.... roll on 90!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

So, what will actually bring us fans together
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3