The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So, what will actually bring us fans together

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:29 pm

greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
Of course I know the 4th username, I think that is abundantly clear....please see above.
You know who the poster is GG, so you carry on and tell everyone, I won't be stopping you.
cat

Double standards PP - you are protecting a shit stirrer .

I didn't say I know who the poster is I said I could guess who it was ( something like that ).
ATD does do censorship then . A poster with multiple accounts who has started a load of nonsense is being protected . You won't ban them just name them - as member of ATD I'd like to know and several other members would too . or to quote a prominant member of ATD - are all posters equal but some posters more equal than others ?
Someone pretended to be Ian Newell to stir up shit - they succeeded I consider that an offence against this forum .

I disagree gg. The mods are in a privileged position. Unless we trust them to protect the privacy of individuals then we are all at the whim of a disgruntled mod playing silly buggers. But see my last comment about having been warned once and doing it again.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:30 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Perhaps I'm being overly simplistic here, but the only thing that gets all fans together is a winning football team.

Remember the two promotions? The club and the fans were as one, there was none of this nonsense.

I was just about to post something along the same lines.

"Other history" is a different kettle of fish though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:31 pm

funny man wrote:
greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
Of course I know the 4th username, I think that is abundantly clear....please see above.
You know who the poster is GG, so you carry on and tell everyone, I won't be stopping you.
cat

I didn't say I know who the poster is I said I could guess who it was ( something like that ).
ATD does do censorship then . A poster with multiple accounts who has started a load of nonsense is being protected . You won't ban them just name them - as member of ATD I'd like to know and several other members would too . or to quote a prominant member of ATD - are all posters equal but some posters more equal than others ?
Someone pretended to be Ian Newell to stir up shit - they succeeded I consider that an offence against this forum .

I disagree gg. The mods are in a privileged position. Unless we trust them to protect the privacy of individuals then we are all at the whim of a disgruntled mod playing silly buggers. But see my last comment about having been warned once and doing it again.

SO they've got away with it . Impersonating another individual in this way is an offence surely ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:36 pm

greengenes wrote:
funny man wrote:
greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
cat

SO they've got away with it . Impersonating another individual in this way is an offence surely ?

They have "got away with it". I'd like them tarred and feathered but thankfully that won't happen. But, after the first couple of posts it was clear that it was a wind-up. As I said, the poster didn't create the aggro. That was simply there waiting for a trigger. Again, for me the issue is if they do it again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Anyone who pretends to be another person on an internet forum like that should be named . I'm aghast that they can get away with it .

If someone posted on Pasoti pretending to be PP there would be hell up on here and a demanding for the person to be named . Right ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:43 pm

greengenes wrote:
Anyone who pretends to be another person on an internet forum like that should be named . I'm aghast that they can get away with it .

If someone posted on Pasoti pretending to be PP there would be hell up on here and a demanding for the person to be named . Right ?

Are you sure GG? I don't think Ian would be all that happy if that was done lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:46 pm

ATD does do censorship then .

Some are allowed to know some things while others aren't . Not everyone is equal .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:48 pm

greengenes wrote:

Some are allowed to know some things while others aren't . Not everyone is equal .

thats it GOB is now called Squealer in this animal farm like forum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Phenom wrote:
greengenes wrote:

thats it GOB is now called Squealer in this animal farm like forum

Really? lol!

He's making himself look a right plumb again, still, that's up to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:51 pm

i am of course joking GOB but if you want to meet up it can be arranged jocolor

Would be the highlight of my life lol!

The really sad thing about this is that it's detracted from what should been debated, the Trust and the election. Maybe that's what was intended, who knows, but it's a shame for both Pasoti and ATD as well as those that have put themselves forward.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Phenom wrote:

I dispair . I really do . Carry on with the insults and name calling lads . You won't get it back from me .
Nice sidetrack though .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:02 pm

In response to the thread title, there is only one thing and that is to have understanding on both sides. Unfortunately that is unlikely. I can take the likes of him misquoting me and generally stirring chaos, but I will always fight my corner.

It was messy this evening once he got involved and totally derailed what could have been a constructive thread - on both sites.

Shame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:04 pm

greengenes wrote:
Phenom wrote:

I dispair . I really do . Carry on with the insults and name calling lads . You won't get it back from me .
Nice sidetrack though .

did i insult you Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:07 pm

I've been reasonable on here . It doesn't work does it .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:08 pm

Cerbera wrote:
In response to the thread title, there is only one thing and that is to have understanding on both sides. Unfortunately that is unlikely. I can take the likes of him misquoting me and generally stirring chaos, but I will always fight my corner.

It was messy this evening once he got involved and totally derailed what could have been a constructive thread - on both sites.

Shame.

It's almost like the whole thing since Chris posted has been orchestrated. Very strange behavior that at one time I believed was genuine, it now appears it was just another taunt to rip into the users of this site.

Like you say, shame really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:08 pm

greengenes wrote:
Phenom wrote:

Nice sidetrack though .

did i insult you Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:09 pm

greengenes wrote:

Seriously, gg, I don't see an insult directed at you. Have you mis-read a post? (Or have I?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:11 pm

GOB wrote:

It's almost like the whole thing since Chris posted has been orchestrated. Very strange behavior that at one time I believed was genuine, it now appears it was just another taunt to rip into the users of this site.

Now that would be so Machiavellian that, if it were true, I would start believing in fairies. Or, to put it more clearly, I don't see that as a possibility.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:15 pm

funny man wrote:
greengenes wrote:

Seriously, gg, I don't see an insult directed at you. Have you mis-read a post? (Or have I?)

Over reaction tonight by me but by eck its exasperating on here . But for the record I have been insulted on here before I joined .Maybe that makes me sensitive I duuno . I've tried to reach out . I've asked to meet people in a frindly way to discuss stuff ( I won'y ever do that again ) but that gets brought up as a joke . I dunno . seriously thinking of deleting my account . I'll dwell on it or be accused of a cyber flounce .
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:15 pm

greengenes wrote:

Sorry GG but you've completely lost me????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:17 pm

I was surprised that he didn't simultaneously post on Pasoti, which is why i posted a link. I was surprised the mods allowed it to stay to be honest, which is more than fair considering 'some' of their number's opinions of us.

It started off well until someone tried to derail it, which was probably always his intention to be honest. It might have raised our profile a little, I don't think it did us any harm. As PT Barnum said, any publicity is good publicity, make sure you spell the name right!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:24 pm

Oh well, the great Pasoti flight continues apace. Very Happy c'est la vie. Two out, six in. I'll be sorry to see you go if you do GG, you've been fine, well, apart from the odd binge as you put it. cat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:27 pm

greengenes wrote:

Over reaction tonight by me but by eck its exasperating on here . But for the record I have been insulted on here before I joined .Maybe that makes me sensitive I duuno . I've tried to reach out . I've asked to meet people in a frindly way to discuss stuff ( I won'y ever do that again ) but that gets brought up as a joke . I dunno . seriously thinking of deleting my account . I'll dwell on it or be accused of a cyber flounce .

That would be a pity. In spite of some aggro received, you have stood your ground. I may be wrong but I didn't take the comment about meeting up as a mickey-take of you. The suggestion has generally been floating in the air from other sources.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:30 pm

funny man wrote:
GOB wrote:

Now that would be so Machiavellian that, if it were true, I would start believing in fairies. Or, to put it more clearly, I don't see that as a possibility.

The odd pincer movement has been known before. Sad, but true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:31 pm

GG, I'll meet you anytime when we're both free? Maybe you can see for yourself that we're not really how we've been described, but then I think really you know that anyway. How about it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

So, what will actually bring us fans together
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next